Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:11:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Britain's vote to secede as related to crypto  (Read 411 times)
freshman777 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:46:30 AM

Britain's vote to secede is a blueprint for how people can't be flocked into large man-made unions and expected to want to remain under hurting conditions. Growing numbers will want to secede and form their own collective.
People can't be flocked into one Bitcoin, the oneness of man-made money is impossible. There will be more secessions to altcoins as well as direct purchases of altcoins by new users bypassing Bitcoin. Pay attention how I stressed 'man-made', it's an important detail, because man-made can be reproduced, redesigned, enhanced.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:51:31 AM

I agree with your main point, but it's not a given the crypto resolution will even succeed therefore Bitcoin still remains our best chance for main stream adoption due to network effect and coverage.
Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:06:23 AM

I agree with your statement. Just consider bitcoin as the main invitation to the Crypto currencies.

Only thing is that 90% is utter garbage and the other 10% have not proven their mettle yet in terms of scaling.

We still have years left before any form of mass adoption.
freshman777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 09:15:41 AM

Agree, this will not happen overnight.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:37:32 PM

I agree with your statement. Just consider bitcoin as the main invitation to the Crypto currencies.

Only thing is that 90% is utter garbage and the other 10% have not proven their mettle yet in terms of scaling.

I think 90% is very conservative.

Do you count the hackable smart contracts as garbage? If so I would say 99% of Alts are garbage, with most of the others being unnecessary or useless.
freshman777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:37:29 PM

I think 90% is very conservative.

Do you count the hackable smart contracts as garbage? If so I would say 99% of Alts are garbage, with most of the others being unnecessary or useless.

The market will decide if they are useless. To most people in the world crypto hasn't been useful but that is changing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: