Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:37:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't buy anything from coinabul. Yet another complaint.  (Read 8173 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 11:38:42 PM

Is it time to put them here ?

http://bitcoin-shitlist.com/

Thinking about taking that site offline, because ,seriously, for how many scams happen around here you see people aren't willing to share their experiences outside of this forum.
It's a failure.

Phinn, Joe's datacenter?

That's an excellent guess, but honestly I didn't know they were down tell after I posted here, then I went ahead and posted my parking ticket comment.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 08:16:37 AM

Can we get a response from Coinabul? These are some pretty serious allegations.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:23:10 AM

Let's see if this is legit or a scam.  I placed an order for 1 coin from their website.

Sent the bitcoins in.  Got the email confirmation of the order.  Called both numbers several time, left voice mails.  no returned phone call.

Sent an email asking for shipping status.

No responses yet.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:40:35 AM

Isnt it obvious? He is selling what he does not have in some cases. He goes out and makes an order and once in ships it.
A middleman making a cut from you. Just order from a reputable site who actually has possession of what they are selling and if not it is marked out of stock.
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:19:03 PM

Isnt it obvious? He is selling what he does not have in some cases. He goes out and makes an order and once in ships it.
A middleman making a cut from you. Just order from a reputable site who actually has possession of what they are selling and if not it is marked out of stock.

Are there other such 'gold and silver for bitcoin' sites?

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:59:26 PM

i sure would like to know...
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:30:16 AM

i am unsure. i would have to google to find out.
but are you so desperate to pay with btc that you are willing to risk some screw up?

just how much above spot (usd) per oz of silver and oz of gold are you willing to pay with a reasonable shipping fee?
barbarousrelic

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:07:20 PM

but are you so desperate to pay with btc that you are willing to risk some screw up?

just how much above spot (usd) per oz of silver and oz of gold are you willing to pay with a reasonable shipping fee?

I'm looking for a discount versus local coin shops because I'm paying in Bitcoin.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:39:30 PM

I'm looking for a discount versus local coin shops because I'm paying in Bitcoin.

That makes it hard for a bullion operation then who has to keep getting new stock. No major supplier of bullion wants btc.
So one has to sell cheaper, take a hit converting to usd plus volatility, restock hopefully in quantity to save money, and repeat.
A lot of work to make a few dollars selling an oz of gold via mail.
barbarousrelic

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:40:21 PM

That makes it hard for a bullion operation then who has to keep getting new stock. No major supplier of bullion wants btc.
So one has to sell cheaper, take a hit converting to usd plus volatility, restock hopefully in quantity to save money, and repeat.

An online Bitcoin bullion store, which does not need to rent a storefront or pay for utilities, and who does not need to worry about credit or debit card fees, or check fraud, should be expected to have slightly cheaper rates than a traditional B&M store that has to pay for all of these.

Bitcoin-based stores can sell all Bitcoin payments for USD immediately if they want to, so they run no risk of the price of Bitcoin dropping.

There are USD-based online coin dealers that hold stock and sell from their stock. It shouldn't be impossible for a Bitcoin-based coin dealer to hold stock and sell from their stock.

fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:05:38 PM

An online Bitcoin bullion store, which does not need to rent a storefront or pay for utilities, and who does not need to worry about credit or debit card fees, or check fraud, should be expected to have slightly cheaper rates than a traditional B&M store that has to pay for all of these.

Bitcoin-based stores can sell all Bitcoin payments for USD immediately if they want to, so they run no risk of the price of Bitcoin dropping.

There are USD-based online coin dealers that hold stock and sell from their stock. It shouldn't be impossible for a Bitcoin-based coin dealer to hold stock and sell from their stock.

Any major bullion purchase is done via wire or check (with most having a waiting period).
It is true you can save money with no brick and mortar store but keep in mind that major online sellers have a single location that
serves the world. That scales VERY well.

btc sent -> bullion owner sends to exchange -> six confirmations later they possibly lost a percentage before selling. They need to hedge
which is truly not available to my knowledge. Lets be realistic here. It can go up and it can go down. A slow decline over a few month
period could put a person out of business due to no profits.

And that is what I would like to see. A btc bullion store with 4-7 offerings in stock and ready to ship. But that requires, lets guess,
50K to 100K to start up. Buying a few gold sizes will chew up 50K easily.

Anyway. I do not want to be argumentative. I just think coinabul does not keep most of their goods in stock and if they have to
order it via mail... one should not expect their goods in 7 days. Triple that easily. Sometimes even longer if the companies they are
selling from is out of stock.

But lets see what the free market offers in the next months.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:15:27 PM

^^^ the waiting part would be fine if the communication was their from the start. The problem is when you ask "is XX in stock" and they say "yeah, will be shipped in 3 days" and then 3 weeks later you still have to keep chasing them.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:19:40 PM

12 Bricks Of Gold Hidden In Car Seized At Swiss Border

Gee, I hope that scammer Coinabul is reshipping that gold. I'm sure the customer paid for it fair and square. He'd better reship it or else there's probably going to be a scammer tag!

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:36:43 PM

There are already bullion dealers around who only sell from their own stock.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
barbarousrelic

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:43:08 PM

Other bullion dealers selling for Bitcoin? Which ones?

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:20:50 PM

I, for example. Only serve the EU, though. Have been full time precious metals dealer since 2006. See the links below for details.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
barbarousrelic

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:55:03 PM

I, for example. Only serve the EU, though. Have been full time precious metals dealer since 2006. See the links below for details.

Ah, neat. Unfortunately I am not in the EU.

ArmoredDragon

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:10:20 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 09:34:56 PM by ArmoredDragon

Is it possible to get a refund after you've already sent your bitcoins? I don't want to wait 3 weeks.

Don't think I'll ever buy from them again if my coins don't arrive by next friday. It wasn't even a large order, it was a very small one.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:44:08 AM

another day, no responses from coinabul
DonChate

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:50:42 AM

For those who cashed out when bitcoin was over $200, I wonder if they converted to USD fast enough... for everyone's sake.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: