Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hundred Dollar Bill with a twist  (Read 856 times)
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 05:57:45 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2013, 01:04:05 PM by cbeast

A man walks into a hotel, puts a hundred dollar bill on the counter and says “Id like to see a room, to see if it’s suitable.”

After the man goes upstairs, the hotel owner quickly takes the hundred dollar bill and goes to pay a debt to a butcher who supplies meat to his restaurant next door.

The butcher takes the hundred dollar bill to his feed supplier and gives it to him for feed for his pigs.

The feed supplier then takes the hundred dollar bill to a hooker he’s been seeing and settles his debt with her.

The hooker owes the hotel owner money for rooms she’s been renting. She immediately goes and puts the hundred dollar bill on the counter.

The man comes downstairs and tells the clerk "Thank you for taking that money. I am from the IRS. Now I have some taxes to collect."

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 12:56:22 PM

to be fair, most of those would be nondeductible

but reminds me that here in Germany gov wants to collect taxes from seniors meeting to play card games for a little money  Shocked

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:06:27 PM

A man walks into a hotel, puts a hundred dollar bill on the counter and says “Id like to see a room, to see if it’s suitable.”

After the man goes upstairs, the hotel owner quickly takes the hundred dollar bill and goes to pay a debt to a butcher who supplies meat to his restaurant next door.

The butcher takes the hundred dollar bill to his feed supplier and gives it to him for feed for his pigs.

The feed supplier then takes the hundred dollar bill to a hooker he’s been seeing and settles his debt with her.

The hooker owes the hotel owner money for rooms she’s been renting. She immediately goes and puts the hundred dollar bill on the counter.

The man comes downstairs and tells the clerk "Thank you for taking that money. I am from the IRS. Now I have some taxes to collect."

I like it.

cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:36:27 PM

I like it.
Full disclosure before accusations of plagiarism; I did not write the story, but I added the twist at the end.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 04:01:53 PM

I like it.
Full disclosure before accusations of plagiarism; I did not write the story, but I added the twist at the end.

I know. That's the bit I like. The original story is full of holes.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: