Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:56:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: some newbie miner questions  (Read 301 times)
liveflipcoin (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:13:42 AM

1.If someone in my f2pool finds a block does our cut increase in size?
2.With a pps system are we getting a cut based on how often we leave our miners on?
3.Is pps a good payout for someone who leaves their miner on 24/7? if not, is ppnls?
4. If we mine a block ourselves and we are in a pool do we get a higher share?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3275

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:44:33 AM

2.With a pps system are we getting a cut based on how often we leave our miners on?
3.Is pps a good payout for someone who leaves their miner on 24/7? if not, is ppnls?

#1 and #2 -- With PPS, you earn a flat rate that depends on your hash rate (but only while you are mining). You are paid whether a block is found or not.
#3 -- PPNLS is generally better because the pool fee is generally lower, but earnings will vary depending on the pool's luck.
#4 -- Some pools might give a bonus to the member that mines a block, but I think most pools do not.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 09:37:24 AM

#1 and #2 -- With PPS, you earn a flat rate that depends on your hash rate (but only while you are mining). You are paid whether a block is found or not.
#3 -- PPNLS is generally better because the pool fee is generally lower, but earnings will vary depending on the pool's luck.
#4 -- Some pools might give a bonus to the member that mines a block, but I think most pools do not.

The nice thing about PPS is you can count on a steady stream of BTC, but pools with this charge a certain percentage as they are taking a risk if luck does not equal  100 percent or more over time.   

With PPNLS really the pool does not have risk of overpaying since based on blocks solved in part.  So the lower percentage fee comes with possibility you might have bad day's and not earn  as much.   And on the flip side you could have great day's where you earn more.   So the goal is that it comes out at 100 percent on luck over time.

A good site showing these types and what pools use - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools .  On number 3 it is really miner's preference there is no  right or wrong anwser.  There is reasons for both and that is why it is split.  When comparing I suggest also looking at fee amount, if the merged mine,  and also what pool does with transaction fees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: