Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:30:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinabul.com/ ---NEGATIVE FEEDBACK---  (Read 1434 times)
xnavj07 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:18:46 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2013, 06:19:35 PM by xnavj07

---CoinAbul--- http://www.coinabul.com/
---NEGATIVE FEEDBACK---
I bought some silver. I chose at the check out from the list of available countries and filled in my street address.
I have paid  8.7576 BTC
e12087c35bdd5566ae7b52a9718a1931bde7c702e0494b4a7d7628c02b580446
I have paid extra for the most expensive delivery option - fast & safe.
Therefore I got a bit upset when my order was sitting for days marked as 'pending'.
I only received reply on my third enquiry about this. Fifth day from my BTC payment. Coinabul was apologising they were not able to ship to my country.
Their failed to deliver. 100% CoinAbul's fault. Instead of immediate refund CionAbul kept using my resources. They only wrote they would refund me. Nothing happened for several days. So I started to chase them over email. No response.
Eventually I found 'coingenuitÿ́' user on bitcoin-otc. After that he started to talk to me. He made excuses and indicated a refund is coming. It took one more reminder from to make him to proceed to a refund.
Unfortunately he sent me instead of my 8.7576 BTC refund some bloody MtGox voucher.
I redeemed it at MtGox !!!immediately!!! into BTC. But was given from MtGox for this MtGox voucher only BTC 6.70607025
So now I am still missing 8.7576 - 6.70607025 = 2.05152975 BTC
During the ten days CoinAbul was misusing my BitCoins the USD/BTC market exchange rate was fluctuating up above and down below what it was at the moment of my purchase. The invoice was in BTC the deal was in BTC.
This is my experience with CoiAbul.

added:
If the deal failed in result of a 3rd party' fault then yes. Fair enough. But not if you list Zimbabwe as a country u ship to and then u realize u made a mistake as u unable to ship to Zimbabwe. In my case it wasn't Zimbabwe but one of European Union countries. Therefore I have no doubt CoinAbul is using this pattern to make easy money. I had been requesting refund for 10 days and they proceeded to refund me at a moment when USD/BTC rate was down. CoinAbul still has Czech Republic on the list of countries they sell to and therefore there are more Czech people to be robed of.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:35:20 PM

I'm starting to see a pattern here...

OP, is this just a general feedback thread or a scam accusation?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 01:54:53 PM

Don't say I didn't warn you guys about blackmailers Smiley now they can't scam people through fake businesses they're going after the real businesses that have sprung up lately
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:01:34 PM

Was the silver sold in USD( fiat wound be a better word) but let you pay with BTC? If so and BTC rose or silver dropped in price you still received the USD(fiat) equivalent, correct?
Waiting time sucks but sometimes that just how it is. Bad customer support is inexcusable though.

Edited to include "fiat"

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:41:18 PM

If coinabul immediately converted your coins to fiat ($/EUR/whatever) upon receipt of the order, they would send back newly priced coins on refund.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:11:13 PM

If coinabul immediately converted your coins to fiat ($/EUR/whatever) upon receipt of the order, they would send back newly priced coins on refund.

And what's the excuse for accepting orders from countries they don't ship to?
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:34:57 PM

And what's the excuse for accepting orders from countries they don't ship to?

None unless it's a software issue and that should have been fixed long ago and still no excuse.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
nameface

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:57:02 PM

This looks bad on them, but I wouldn't call it a scam. They need to make their policies more clear and get their countries straightened out.

Bitcoin is in its infancy and it's tough to start a new business, so there's a good chance that we should just cut them some slack. This is doesn't seem like a scam (but it does seem shady).

I haven't bought anything from them because their prices aren't competitive enough.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:05:35 PM

I still find it crazy how people think that buying something in btc means that they get paid back the same btc. If something is priced in $$$ and allows purchase in btc people should not expect the same back. But they will always claim otherwise especially when the exchange rate is rising. I bet all these people would claim $$$ if the value of btc fell heavily.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:21:48 PM

I still find it crazy how people think that buying something in btc means that they get paid back the same btc. If something is priced in $$$ and allows purchase in btc people should not expect the same back. But they will always claim otherwise especially when the exchange rate is rising. I bet all these people would claim $$$ if the value of btc fell heavily.

http://coinabul.com/  <--- Where are the prices marked in USD, may you tell us? Products for sale only have BTC prices. No reference to USD whatsoever except for the Spot prices ticker on the sidebar, which isn't the price for anything for sale in Coinabul.

http://coinabul.com/index.php/terms-of-service CTRL+F no reference to USD also.

Interesting image:

I think they forgot the check for the customers country somewhere right after the ordering process, before locking any price or requesting money Roll Eyes

But OP explained to me this isn't a scam accusation thread, just an account of his (bad) experience. That's why the thread was moved to Service Discussion and not to Scam Accusations. I think the OP already accepted the outcome.
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:33:52 AM

It's at the top right under currencies. You can select USD or BTC. The TOS is also vague but does mention $100 not BTC.
I guess this sort of question should have been asked before ordering....ambiguity at its finest and it does seem a bit shady.

Albert Einstein
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 11:24:38 AM

Our International Shipping page is quite clear:
"You are responsible for assuring that any product you order can be lawfully imported to your destination country. When ordering from Coinabul.com, the recipient(purchaser) is the legal importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of your destination country."

No matter what the origin country, precious metals are unable to be imported into his nation(see http://countries.bridgat.com/Czech_Republic_Import_Restrictions.html http://www.fedex.com/us/international/irc/profiles/irc_cz_profile.html http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ce_019.htm). Since I saw this issue pop up after having no order volume to the Czech Republic until a couple of weeks ago, the Czech Republic has been disabled entirely in our system. We remove any countries that are glaringly obvious, but with 244 countries and countless territories in service, as well as language barriers for many of them which makes research very difficult, it's nearly impossible to verify on our end which countries across the globe have a specific ban on the import of precious metals, hence the special International Orders page linked to from the footer on every page within our site.

Bitcoin is heavily volatile- when a customer places an order, we replace his metal within our reserves, ship the order and convert the BTC to fiat as quickly as possible in order to preserve the spot indices as closely as we can between order placement and completion. Once an order comes in, the conversion process engages, and the customer owns their chosen metal from that point forward.

We deal with millions of dollars worth of bitcoins- sitting on that kind of risk profile is averse to the entire concept of the business via preserving wealth via stable precious metals. If someone bought $1,000 of gold when BTC is at $50, then it suddenly falls to $2/coin as it has in the past, and assume that gold stays stable as it tends to they'd be getting a refund of $1000 in either straight fiat on MtGox(our prefered for the transitory capability) or coins at the updated rate- not $40 worth of BTC. The same goes inversely.

If in the prior scenario gold skyrockets to 10x the value, the customer would get $10,000 as the refund instead of $1,000. Once the transaction is engaged in by the customer, the turbines spin up on our side to fill it as humanly fast as possible, and the customer owns metal as opposed to Bitcoins, as do we since we've already started replacing the metal that we've allocated to fill the customer's order. If the customer needs a refund, we'll refund the equivalent value of their metal provided we're legally allowed to.

Our TOS states this quite succintly:
"If an order cannot be filled by Coinabul we will either: provide a substitute product of your choice of equivalent value, or provide a refund, minus any market loss incurred and at our discretion."

We'll happily refund the going market value of the customer's metal + shipping costs whenever we are not specifically legally banned from doing so, and that hasn't happened yet.

This is exactly what we did here: he bought 10 ounces of silver which were valued at $28.3 at the time of his order, and spent around $20 for shipping. We refunded him $303 replacing the entirety of his silver's value as well as shipping.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: