Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:49:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-06-26] coindesk.com| Ethereum for the Overwhelmed Layman  (Read 480 times)
eye4bd (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:23:42 PM

Ethereum for the Overwhelmed Layman

There are plenty of articles about ethereum's recent DAO drama and its wild price swings, but fewer try to explain to non-geeks how ethereum’s technology could matter for everyday life – and in particular, what it offers that bitcoin doesn't...

http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-overwhelmed-layman/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoinDesk+%28CoinDesk+-+The+Voice+of+Digital+Currency%29

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 07:33:29 PM

In the article you find this :
" Still in beta. Ethereum is an exceptionally ambitious project, and many of its core features (proof-of-stake, sharding, etc) still aren’t fully designed, nevermind implemented; that’s a lot of places development could get stuck. Slocks and the USN are even more embryonic. Even assuming healthy progress, ethereum and smart contracts will always be much more complex than bitcoin, with a larger "attack surface” for hackers"
And i find it reassuring users to use this new technology lol

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:11:00 PM

Non social-media saturated link - http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-overwhelmed-layman/

Doesn't hit on the fact that "Solidity", the scripting language, is full of exploitable holes.

Glosses over the fact that 'smart contracts' are not human replacements, merely streamlines human involvement.

These things can be done better with the "21" machines, most likely - and cheaper.

The use case is so narrow and stupid that any backend developer can put together a system that would utilize BTC much easier than the Ethereum mess.

Author also makes a bizarre "prediction" about how its either BTC or ETH that will dominate -- they're two different coins, you fucking idiot. I'm so tired of "experts" who have their heads up their own asses.

Oh, and he runs an algo-firm that trades BTC, so he's part of the HFT plague. Luckily there aren't any exchanges paying-for-volume like the NYSE yet.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:33:56 PM

Author also makes a bizarre "prediction" about how its either BTC or ETH that will dominate -- they're two different coins, you fucking idiot. I'm so tired of "experts" who have their heads up their own asses.

Oh, and he runs an algo-firm that trades BTC, so he's part of the HFT plague. Luckily there aren't any exchanges paying-for-volume like the NYSE yet.

What's the name of this pump & dump mouthpiece? I don't click coindesk.com links if at all possible

Vires in numeris
eye4bd (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:35:00 PM

Non social-media saturated link - http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-overwhelmed-layman/

Doesn't hit on the fact that "Solidity", the scripting language, is full of exploitable holes.

Glosses over the fact that 'smart contracts' are not human replacements, merely streamlines human involvement.

These things can be done better with the "21" machines, most likely - and cheaper.

The use case is so narrow and stupid that any backend developer can put together a system that would utilize BTC much easier than the Ethereum mess.

Thanks for given tips about posting without social things.I will follow that for sure! Sadly I can't join with on going disscerssion. Beacuse I'm still learning. Trying hard to understand basis of cryptocurrency. Just finished another piece on DAO hack and possible solution. Soon will post here! But you deserve to be the first reader of_
Understanding The DAO Hack for Journalists
Link: http://www.coindesk.com/understanding-dao-hack-journalists/
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:43:09 PM

Thanks for given tips about posting without social things.I will follow that for sure! Sadly I can't join with on going disscerssion. Beacuse I'm still learning. Trying hard to understand basis of cryptocurrency. Just finished another piece on DAO hack and possible solution. Soon will post here! But you deserve to be the first reader of_

Do you get paid to do this?

Vires in numeris
eye4bd (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:58:36 PM

Do you get paid to do this?

No, if you direct it with just posting in press section! I'm doing this for gathering knowledge and helping others to know about it at one place. But indirectly yes, it's giving me post count upon running signature. And also creating hope for me to getting Full member rank!

Thanks for given opportunity to speak about my inner thinking!
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:13:54 PM

No, the journalism, not posting here. Do you get paid by Coindesk?

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 08:24:00 AM

Not comfortable answering my question?

Vires in numeris
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 01:42:23 PM

What's the name of this pump & dump mouthpiece? I don't click coindesk.com links if at all possible

Here's his bio-tagline: 

Jacob Eliosoff is a computer programmer who has also worked as a Wall Street quant and as a teacher. These days he runs Calibrated Markets LLC, a cryptocurrency algorithmic trading firm.

So, another of the quant jerks in search of front-running bids and offers. Luckily most exchanges that I know of don't implement the special order types his kind needs to be total financial parasites. Yet.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:10:21 PM

Jacob Eliosoff, eh? Everyone hates a cheating asshole, and these cheating assholes really need their names & their modus operandi in lights; especially these white collar financial scammers. Information is the key. If a majority of people knew who their aggressors actually were and how the agression operates, I swear we could have Davos Man and his pretenders fully ostracized within a few short months. Expect us, lol

Vires in numeris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: