Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:06:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Error Message 22  (Read 1577 times)
taiping (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:54:15 PM

I am using the Windows Installer version of Electrum.
To test Electrum I tried sending BTC to myself using one of the unused addresses in Electrum, but I kept on getting the error message:
error (U'message':U'TX rejected, U'code':-22)
What does error message '22' mean?

I think (but I'm not sure) that this error message is because of a transmission problem to the server.
When I changed to a different server (in Electrum) then a message said the transmission was successful.

Is there a list of Electrum error messages somewhere, in case of other problems?

Thanks.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:16:32 AM

I have experienced this error myself, I have tried connecting to other servers did not resolve the issue.
I hope others might help.

Thanks
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1010

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 11:38:17 PM

I'm getting this message too and it appears to be related to newly generated bitcoins. Some of the inputs I'm trying to spend are not quite old enough (confirmations). I'll come back and confirm this in a few more hours sometime after I receive 120 confirmations. I'm at about 50 right now.

Jaxkr

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:40:19 AM

I'm getting this message too and it appears to be related to newly generated bitcoins. Some of the inputs I'm trying to spend are not quite old enough (confirmations). I'll come back and confirm this in a few more hours sometime after I receive 120 confirmations. I'm at about 50 right now.
This is correct. Electrum doesn't have proper handling for unconfirmed new coins.
Some pools pay directly from the coinbase to your address, which is what would cause this error.
Driice

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:13:15 PM

Update on this error: I'm trying to send bitcoins with electrum like I always have, but I keep getting this error. This is new, and I've never had this before.

I've tried connecting to different servers, but this issue keeps happening. Is this happening to anyone else with electrum? I'm using the latest version for windows.
Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 06:19:51 PM

If you are trying to spend newly generated bitcoins, then waiting is your only option. You'll have to wait until the inputs have 120 confirmations.

If you are not trying to spend newly generated bitcoins, say so and we'll help you dig deeper.

Driice

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:28:39 PM

If you are trying to spend newly generated bitcoins, then waiting is your only option. You'll have to wait until the inputs have 120 confirmations.

If you are not trying to spend newly generated bitcoins, say so and we'll help you dig deeper.

That is so. These bitcoins have been around at least a month.

I just restarted my computer and electrum won't even open now.
Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 06:44:15 PM

can you give some more details on the client not opening? does the client window ever display or does it just never connect to a server and sync/display a transaction history.

if you can get to the preferences options, what are the settings for connecting? Are you trying random servers if the selected one is not available?

Also, what version are you running?

Driice

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:02:05 PM

can you give some more details on the client not opening? does the client window ever display or does it just never connect to a server and sync/display a transaction history.

if you can get to the preferences options, what are the settings for connecting? Are you trying random servers if the selected one is not available?

Also, what version are you running?

1.8, the latest version for windows.

I deleted everything about Electrum in my AppData folder. Since then everything has been working fine. It was odd, but I'm no longer having problems. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: