Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:04:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favourite Altcoin?  (Read 3180 times)
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 07:22:02 PM

LTC & DASH

You'll make good money with both of those short term and long term with minimal risk.

Minimal risk? in crypto?  Roll Eyes
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 07:46:40 PM

Obviously Litecoin, old and reliable coin, stable, strong and Chinese people loves Litecoin

ETH, Lisk, Dao and other trash pre-mined "pump and dump only" coins I'm out, I'm not retard to invest my money in trash like this

Bitcoin and Litecoin, actually the better coins.

Lol, And if you have invested in eth you would be "only" around 8000 percent in profit.In Lisk also "only" 500 percent.You say you"re not retarded but you are also not so very smart if you think the way you think.
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 10:27:35 PM

Right now it's NAUT.  It has begun a massive run.  Now at $.22.
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:26:20 AM

Interesting responses, the vast majority seem to be related to "price" and wealth generation more than anything else.

I'm curious, how many people here like an alt coin because of a reason other than price?

I'll elaborate for myself. If you do not know who I am, im heavily in Litecoin and to a lesser extent Bitcoin. The reason being is because I honestly believe in the technology and the potential of financial freedom it can bring to the world from remittances to the under or un-banked. Litecoin is not much different than Bitcoin. But I felt my time was better spent in improving Litecoin more where there could be a backup to Bitcoin (and Bitcoin already enjoys a substantial amount of assistance world wide). It's kind of ironic, I care about Bitcoin therefore I help the defacto backup blockchain which is Litecoin.

I do however like other alts for various reasons. For example I enjoy Dogecoin and have many friends within that community. Dogecoin brought something special to the table where other coins (Bitcoin aside) couldnt, it made a name for itself with its silly community and got regular people involved.

EDIT: Typos Tongue

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:43:19 AM

Interesting responses, the vast majority seem to be related to "price" and wealth generation more than anything else.

I'm curious, how many people here like an alt coin because of a reason other than price?

Money is a huge motivator.  Especially if you need it.
TheMage

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:03:30 AM

So you believe the vast majority involved care for nothing more than monetary and selfish gains?

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:06:39 AM

So you believe the vast majority involved care for nothing more than monetary and selfish gains?

I think they'd also like a seriously developed project.

A mix of all.
TheMage

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:08:07 AM

A mix of all.

Can you elaborate?

intrader

Activity: 659
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:42:33 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 06:01:38 AM by intrader

Dogecoin and LTC both are good there exist for years and trading on major exchanges, but should buy with money that you set aside for long-term investment fund never use money that you need for important things because you can't expect its fast profit you need to hold until reach a good price to sell.
VERUMinNUMERIS

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:20:32 PM

NAUT.  They're about to release a whitepaper.  Big!!!
iamnotback

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:13:46 PM

A mix of all.

Can you elaborate?

Everyone here wants to make money speculating. Some here also want to see CC/block chains succeed for ideological reasons. I think a solidly developed project with real ideological innovation (e.g. strong decentralization along with mass adoption scaling) would simply drive everyone here crazy (in love/admiration) for it, along with being a massive speculation boom (with some fundamental adoption underlying it preventing a crash in the price into the abyss).
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:12:42 PM

Ethereum or Factom. Factom I think because it is so undervalued.. I can't properly value Ethereum anymore.. might increase my position after I see how HF is perceived from outside investors.

twitter.com/erikledgers
iamnotback

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:31:21 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2016, 06:41:34 PM by iamnotback

Ethereum or Factom. Factom I think because it is so undervalued.. I can't properly value Ethereum anymore.. might increase my position after I see how HF is perceived from outside investors.

What the hell do you know about the technology of Factom?

Please enlighten us with your reasoning. Lol. "Reasoning".
MalMen

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:48:06 PM

Monero.

Why? Because Monero is THE secure, private, untraceable currency. It is open-source and freely available to all.

With Monero, you are your own bank. Only you control and are responsible for your funds, and your accounts and transactions are kept private from prying eyes.

Without privacy there is no freedom. Feel free to give it a try: Get Monero.

A sign this message too
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:22:59 PM

A month ago Ethereum was my best alt coin, but after its crash I do not invest in there, and nowadays I have invested  smone of my money into LetItRide and it seems much better, and hope it will be successful in the future.
Mark02

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:12:04 AM

Well my 2 favorite altcoins are Dogecoin and Litecoins. But, honestly. I primarily use bitcoins as my crypto currency as I found it easier and bitcoins is much convenient to use. Dogecoin is easy to use and so Litecoins. They are stable and we can use it in many transactions. So for me, its not that hard to use Doge and Litecoin as alternative coins.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:47:04 AM

Today i choose two coins first coin is ethereum and second coin is ripple. Why i choose ripple because it is more stable than another coins and The price is not too hight so it can be traded with low capital.
airezx20

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:18:43 AM

Today i choose two coins first coin is ethereum and second coin is ripple. Why i choose ripple because it is more stable than another coins and The price is not too hight so it can be traded with low capital.
I think its better to choose dogecoin or litecoin for stable price.. but honestly if we are traders we are looking for price movement increase or decrease.. 
If you are just holding an altcoin very stable how long do you think holding that coin.??
lightyard12

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 06:22:34 AM

My favorite altcoin is also dogecoin, due to it's long standing in the community.

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2016, 06:47:27 AM

You should have named this thread what altcoin are you holding most.

I liked ethereum,  it had good ideas but it's far too risky these days with its potential downwards spiral.  Waves to me looks promising but that's maybe a biassed view.  Id probably have to give it to doge since its the shittest coin ever yet it still has a massive following,  holds its price and even gets pumps.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: