Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: watch only need help restoring will reward for help with $150 in BTC+  (Read 980 times)
limitanei (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 01:49:40 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2016, 02:51:22 AM by limitanei

I lost my password from a flash drive getting destroyed from a small house fire and I have made so many wallets, I've been going through mnemonics and possible passwords for hours and I will continue to do so had been storing money in my Electrum wallet and now cannot send it on to my coin base, where I prefer to keep them when I sell them back for fiat currency.  I have all the BTC address going back to 2015 when I first downloaded it and I'm compiling all the mnemonics I have. I would have just used the default save spot on windows as the drive only contained banking info, family photos and passwords and was encrypted I'm wondering where my private key would have been stored by default and any other useful information as to how I can recover my BTC anyone who helps me get into it will receive a payment of $150 in BTC.  I currently have two of the newest versions open one for trying to recover that I got to watch only status and the other is my actual BTC wallet on my HDD.  Is there any tips on how I can reset my account I only have the addresses and all the original installation files? Would brute forcing be a useful tactic? I ususally use a random sequence of number letters and special characters but I figure its worth a shot I've just never used a program like that before.  All my saving are tied up in this im terrified I'm not going to give an exact number but I have over 1000 in my wallet and will reward anyone who helps me get access as I lost my job and need to pay my bills.  I will provide as much info as I can,  someone please help me. Sad Sad Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ethey

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 01:51:44 AM

So u simply lost your password from your flash drive?
Could you provide infos over your hdd?

limitanei (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 02:11:15 AM

I have a ton of unorganized mnemonics I've been trying as well as any and all passwords I can think of or have saved in other places.  Is there a way to post screen shots on the forum or do I need to upload them to an image hosting site and then post the link? I will keep trying but any help would be appreciated im pretty computer savvy i've been building my own set ups since the 90s and have been trading BTC since 2011 but any help in getting control of my wallet back would be greatly appreciated and rewarded.  Any info that would help I will provide.
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:03:02 AM

I have a ton of unorganized mnemonics I've been trying as well as any and all passwords I can think of or have saved in other places.  Is there a way to post screen shots on the forum or do I need to upload them to an image hosting site and then post the link? I will keep trying but any help would be appreciated im pretty computer savvy i've been building my own set ups since the 90s and have been trading BTC since 2011 but any help in getting control of my wallet back would be greatly appreciated and rewarded.  Any info that would help I will provide.

You need to upload picture on an external site and post it here.

Your best bet would be to brute force the password if you don't have the seed and only the wallet file which is protected by password. Watching only wallet shouldn't really count on this kind of thing as you can't do anything but watch your balance with them.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
limitanei (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:49:15 AM

Can you recommend a program for electrum specifically that would work best? i've never done a brute force before
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 01:27:45 PM

Can you recommend a program for electrum specifically that would work best? i've never done a brute force before

Since Electrum is python-based one can simply create a script that calls Electrum's wallet-unlocking APIs with different password attempts. I think I have such a script saved somewhere and am looking for it right now.

Edit: Found it. It definitely won't work if it is a long random password, but if you remember most of it you can generate a list of candidates using a program such as crunch. Assuming your dependencies are all set, use the following script (should be located in Electrum's lib directory to find all necessary imports)

Code:
from wallet import *;

ws = WalletStorage("/path/to/wallet/here");
print(ws);
w = Wallet(ws);
print w;

import sys

for line in sys.stdin:
line = line.strip("\n")
try:
w.check_password(line);
print("found! "+line);
sys.exit(0);
except:
print(line+": Nope");

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
limitanei (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:09:03 PM

I'm new to python where would I run that code exactly?
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:26:06 PM

I'm new to python where would I run that code exactly?

Put it into a .py file, change the file path for the wallet file, put that into the lib directory of an Ethereum installation, and run it there (using a command prompt, piping a wordlist into standard in). Assuming your Python installation is good to go, you should be able to make password attempts.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: