Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:07:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Erdogan calls for swift removal of Trump name from Istanbul Towers  (Read 1209 times)
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:04:29 PM

Erdogan calls for swift removal of Trump name from Istanbul Towers over The Donald’s ‘Islamophobia’

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has called for the immediate removal of the ‘Trump’ name from the Trump Towers Istanbul due to the likely Republican presidential nominee’s anti-Muslim rhetoric.
Trends

Erdogan made the call during his speech at a TÜMSİAD (The Industrialists and Businessmen Association) evening, according to Turkish news outlet Yeni Safak.

“[Trump] has no tolerance for Muslims living in the US. And on top of that they used a brand in [Istanbul] with his name. The ones who put that brand on their building should immediately remove it,” Erdogan said, according to The Turkish Sun.

https://www.rt.com/news/348390-erdogan-trump-tower-istanbul/
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1194

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:42:45 PM

I would say Donald Trump is worse, but he hasn't been in power yet and Erdogan seems to be leading Turkey back to the dark ages by replacing secular laws with religion.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:53:10 PM

“[Trump] has no tolerance for Muslims living in the US. And on top of that they used a brand in [Istanbul] with his name. The ones who put that brand on their building should immediately remove it,” Erdogan said, according to The Turkish Sun.

On the other hand, I want goat fucker Erdogan to show some tolerance for the minorities which once lived in Turkey. Up to my knowledge, Trump has never massacred any minority people in the US. The Turks have committed numerous genocides and ethnicides, and that is the reason why minorities now compose 0.1% of the Turkish population, as opposed to 30% a hundred years ago.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 01:45:11 PM

On the other hand, I want goat fucker Erdogan to show some tolerance for the minorities which once lived in Turkey. Up to my knowledge, Trump has never massacred any minority people in the US. The Turks have committed numerous genocides and ethnicides, and that is the reason why minorities now compose 0.1% of the Turkish population, as opposed to 30% a hundred years ago.

Your logic sucks.

To use the same logic you would need to ask how much genocides the USA perpetrated...

I think turkey would still look like a kid in comparison.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
jupiterdianysa

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 02:03:54 PM

Im not supporting anyone but Erdogan cannot do anything for past issues, from ottoman era.  The minorities which once lived in Anatolia ( land was not called as Turkey at that period) were forced to migrate, not butchered. And again minorities are living in a better condition than many citizen of turkish republic right now. But this has nothing to do with trump post Cheesy:D
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:54:23 PM

Im not supporting anyone but Erdogan cannot do anything for past issues, from ottoman era.  The minorities which once lived in Anatolia ( land was not called as Turkey at that period) were forced to migrate, not butchered. And again minorities are living in a better condition than many citizen of turkish republic right now. But this has nothing to do with trump post Cheesy:D

You are joking right? You want to know what happened to the Turkish minorities? Check these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_genocide
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_genocide

And this is what happened when someone had the balls to speak against these barbarities:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Hrant_Dink

And this is the state of minorities right now in Turkey:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3454553/Turkish-forces-accused-burning-alive-150-Kurds-trapped-basements-amid-vicious-crackdown-separatists-wake-Ankara-bombing.html

https://www.rt.com/news/332951-kurds-burned-alive-turkey/
jupiterdianysa

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:17:23 PM

Im not supporting anyone but Erdogan cannot do anything for past issues, from ottoman era.  The minorities which once lived in Anatolia ( land was not called as Turkey at that period) were forced to migrate, not butchered. And again minorities are living in a better condition than many citizen of turkish republic right now. But this has nothing to do with trump post Cheesy:D

You are joking right? You want to know what happened to the Turkish minorities? Check these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_genocide
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_genocide

And this is what happened when someone had the balls to speak against these barbarities:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Hrant_Dink

And this is the state of minorities right now in Turkey:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3454553/Turkish-forces-accused-burning-alive-150-Kurds-trapped-basements-amid-vicious-crackdown-separatists-wake-Ankara-bombing.html

https://www.rt.com/news/332951-kurds-burned-alive-turkey/

If you really think wikipedia and news websites are the source of history you are very wrong. Dont believe everything you read online
xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:47:05 PM

I guess this is a form of protest from any of the Muslims against acts trump that do not have the tolerance to Muslims but trump will not be too concerned with the act of Erdogan.

Felimon

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:16:32 PM

This is a bad move for turkey. If Trump wins it will game over for turkey. Turkey will be the next Syria.
jupiterdianysa

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:58:44 PM

This is a bad move for turkey. If Trump wins it will game over for turkey. Turkey will be the next Syria.
Thats very funny to think USA would attack Turkey just for a funny name change. Erdogan speaks bullshit most of time.
Felimon

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:16:01 PM

Thats very funny to think USA would attack Turkey just for a funny name change. Erdogan speaks bullshit most of time.

Did USA attack Syria? Have heard the word proxy? Did you know the Kurds? If you don't know this you are funny.

Turkey is actively supporting ISIS and other Terrorists, this could be a good reason of an attack. And Trump would not have a hard time convincing American populace. Turkey is ripe for conquer.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:53:05 PM

I hope that Trump, if he becomes president, would reply with huge tariffs for every turkish good entering the US. Turkey should also be kicked out of NATO as it doesn't share the values of the other NATO members.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
jupiterdianysa

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 11:28:42 PM

Did USA attack Syria? Have heard the word proxy? Did you know the Kurds? If you don't know this you are funny.

Turkey is actively supporting ISIS and other Terrorists, this could be a good reason of an attack. And Trump would not have a hard time convincing American populace. Turkey is ripe for conquer.

Let me tell you something, im not turkish but i live in Turkey. As a foreigner ( minority, as you said, cos im originally greek) i have had not even a small prob for years. Facts here are not like they seem on the news. I have many kurdish and turkish friends here and many other friends with different nationalities living or working here again, they are brilliant people also all happy here. I know a lot about situation, politics, history. Of course it affects peoples lives and turkish politics has been awful for years also gettin worse everyday. Even tho its a problem Turkey is not a country like Syria,Iran or Iraq and it has a huge population very different than those nations, i mean by the way they live, actually half of the population against the governtment and their politics and that half means almost 40M people which is more than many countries' total populations today. There will be no conquering of USA. What i may assume here is a big mess in the country itself for along time. Maybe sort of civil war. Unseen wall cracked a few years ago, people made big noises on the streets againts government which sounded like an upcoming civil war already. But terrorism is another story, you are absolutely right about "Turkey is actively supporting ISIS and other Terrorists"
but that will not end up with a conquer, not exactly. Its just a small piece of the big plan which didnt work many times before and it will not work again. All i want to say its just not like USA doesnt know whats already been happening about terrorism, in this case a conquer is not even necessary and just waste of time and money.. The castle is basically being conqured inside. Changing two buildings names is a very small example comparing with many others, Trump wouldnt even care about it.  
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:28:09 AM

Let me tell you something, im not turkish but i live in Turkey. As a foreigner ( minority, as you said, cos im originally greek) i have had not even a small prob for years. Facts here are not like they seem on the news. I have many kurdish and turkish friends here and many other friends with different nationalities living or working here again, they are brilliant people also all happy here. I know a lot about situation, politics, history. Of course it affects peoples lives and turkish politics has been awful for years also gettin worse everyday. Even tho its a problem Turkey is not a country like Syria,Iran or Iraq and it has a huge population very different than those nations, i mean by the way they live, actually half of the population against the governtment and their politics and that half means almost 40M people which is more than many countries' total populations today. There will be no conquering of USA. What i may assume here is a big mess in the country itself for along time. Maybe sort of civil war. Unseen wall cracked a few years ago, people made big noises on the streets againts government which sounded like an upcoming civil war already. But terrorism is another story, you are absolutely right about "Turkey is actively supporting ISIS and other Terrorists"
but that will not end up with a conquer, not exactly. Its just a small piece of the big plan which didnt work many times before and it will not work again. All i want to say its just not like USA doesnt know whats already been happening about terrorism, in this case a conquer is not even necessary and just waste of time and money.. The castle is basically being conqured inside. Changing two buildings names is a very small example comparing with many others, Trump wouldnt even care about it.  
It's good to hear from people like you that live in a place being discussed, who know the local dynamics of the problems and the politics.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 02:40:54 AM

I hope that Trump, if he becomes president, would reply with huge tariffs for every turkish good entering the US. Turkey should also be kicked out of NATO as it doesn't share the values of the other NATO members.

If Turkey is kicked out of NATO, then that will be the end of the Turkish nation. The only reason why Russia didn't nuked Turkey after the latter shot down the Russian fighter plane was due to the NATO membership. If NATO kicks out Turkey, then the PKK will declare independence for the Kurdish populated areas of Turkey, and what is remaining will be too weak to offer any sort of military resistance against foreign invasions.
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:21:00 AM

Erdogan speaks bullshit most of time.
+
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 01:48:49 PM

I would say Donald Trump is worse, but he hasn't been in power yet and Erdogan seems to be leading Turkey back to the dark ages by replacing secular laws with religion.
Trump is just a candidate. He isn't involved with arrest (or torture) of lawyers, academics, army personal. Can you tell us what crimes you speak about?

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 02:16:54 PM

If Trump wanted to bomb Turkey after he's elected he wouldn't have to worry about deploying troops. They're already in country. There's three U.S. Airbases in Turkey and one naval station. lol

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 02:32:46 PM

Look how pretty this Incirlik Air Base, Turkey web site is: http://www.incirlik.af.mil

The gubberment really has gotten behind this whole World Wide Web thingy. lol

neo1947

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

don t touch my Bits

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 03:48:16 PM

you have false claim mate,just read a bit before making any comments. guess how many kurds they have slaughtered last 3 decade.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: