Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:46:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-13 Bitcoin on Bloomberg TV  (Read 2067 times)
Piper67 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 06:53:42 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/bob-s-daily-buzzword-bitcoin-EJ04CzJbQsKJ6CqAsDI_WA.html
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:02:06 PM

"chainblock", "a silicon valley partners with a bitcoin miner", "bitcoin becomes harder to manufacture". Roll Eyes

Piper67 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:04:11 PM

"chainblock", "a silicon valley partners with a bitcoin miner", "bitcoin becomes harder to manufacture". Roll Eyes

Yeah, but here's what we didn't hear: "terrorists"... "money laundering"... "cyber crime"
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:06:43 PM

Yeah, but here's what we didn't hear: "terrorists"... "money laundering"... "cyber crime"

Yes one of better clips. I have to admit I chuckled on 'chainblock' though  Wink
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:31:42 PM

OFF Topic: I'd hit it!  Tongue
cheat_2_win

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:36:56 PM

I think this is one of the most intelligent piece of video related to bitcoin.
xcsler

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:41:01 PM

"Harder to manufacture":
I don't have a problem with this.
It gets the point across of the rate at which bitcoins come into existence in layman terms.

"Chainblock":
The guy obviously did about a day's worth of research and couldn't remember the exact term. Happens to me all the time.

The reporter also understood the difference between BTC and fiat. I loved the QE and Bernanke references at the end.
Overall, a great piece of news from MSM and helps alleviate some of the fears and obscurity of BTC for the sheeple.
I'll take that any day of the week.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:41:52 PM

Very awesome, positive segment.  It seemed the interviewer was more interested in actually learning about Bitcoin then trying to hurpderp discredit it offhand.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:43:56 PM

Very awesome, positive segment.  It seemed the interviewer was more interested in actually learning about Bitcoin then trying to hurpderp discredit it offhand.

It's been a while since we have seen the last real FUD article, hasn't it? Overall tone in the press is quite positive recently.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:45:38 PM

It's funny to watch someone being interviewed as an expert on bitcoin when he clearly knows very little about it.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:51:12 PM

Nice one Smiley

Bob Rice is working for the same company as Jim Rickards. I would be curious to know if his opinion evolved on bitcoin.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:53:11 PM

Very awesome, positive segment.  It seemed the interviewer was more interested in actually learning about Bitcoin then trying to hurpderp discredit it offhand.

It's been a while since we have seen the last real FUD article, hasn't it? Overall tone in the press is quite positive recently.

Yea, but it's still nice to see Smiley

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
cjp

Activity: 210
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 07:59:24 PM

Listening to this, I think the guy is very new to Bitcoin. Still, the essence of his story is correct, and I think he deserves credit for that.

It took me a week to understand Bitcoin, and I have a masters degree in a technological direction, and I already had a strong affinity with computer science and cryptography. But then I had a very skeptical attitude and really wanted to understand how it works under the hood.

I think this guy had access to some resources that really explained Bitcoin well for non-technical people. I think we need more of that type of resources: they can really work in our advantage.

Donate to: 1KNgGhVJx4yKupWicMenyg6SLoS68nA6S8
http://cornwarecjp.github.io/amiko-pay/
Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 10:06:05 PM

Nice one and easy explained ...!!

People are finally starting to think right...

COINDER
COINDER
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:28:18 PM

He looked a little nervous, maybe distracted by the Bloomberg babe sitting across from him - but he did a good job.

"Chainblock" was pretty amusing though.

The best was the bloomberg girl saying "Hear that Bernanke, no QE!" - SCORE.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:30:27 PM

Except some minor inconsistencies he did a good job and I am happy to see the enthusiasm instead of the constant bashing.

Signature space available for rent.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 10:32:09 PM

He looked a little nervous, maybe distracted by the Bloomberg babe sitting across from him - but he did a good job.

"Chainblock" was pretty amusing though.

The best was the bloomberg girl saying "Hear that Bernanke, no QE!" - SCORE.

For those of you who are (like me) ignorant about many of the details of how the whole banking system scams everyone but themselves. QE is qualitative easing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantitative_easing
BlackBison

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 11:08:06 PM

Although he wasnt great technically (by our high standards), this is amazing coverage for the mainstream. I guarantee more than a few people will be googling after watching that  Grin

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 11:13:12 PM

It took me a week to understand Bitcoin, and I have a masters degree in a technological direction, and I already had a strong affinity with computer science and cryptography. But then I had a very skeptical attitude and really wanted to understand how it works under the hood.

I have a similar tech background, and I have to admit that it took me almost two weeks before I 'groked' Bitcoin.  After that, I drove my family crazy about it for months.  I agree that this guy shouldn't be faulted for a few correctable misconceptions, his intention is obviously favorable.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 11:17:36 PM

i figure if i say it enough times throughout all these threads, it may just happen:

Deirdre, please put me in chainblocks!  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: