Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:06:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Lead Developer for a Gambling Platform  (Read 984 times)
David19 (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:06:41 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2016, 12:21:07 PM by David19

We are looking for an experienced Lead developer for our bitcoin based gambling platform project.

We won't be able to provide more details on the project since it is not available for the public yet.

If anyone is interested they can feel free to Private message me more info on what parts they are skilled at and any previous work or anything else that might be applicable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David19 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Bump
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 08:52:37 AM

Maybe you should list the skill set you are looking for.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
LoisRymer

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 09:26:08 AM

Bitcoin has been wildly successful among gamblers and online gambling.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 12:49:48 PM

I agree with Vod, consider writing a scope of work with a list of functionality that you need and the skill sets and technologies that you're looking for.  You'll get more responses and feedback that way. Consider posting on xbtfreelancer as well, also, use escrow (I recomend OgNasty's escrow here in the forums).

Here's a past example that you can use that I had used in the past for a project that I outsourced:

Code:
PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Create a multi-user chat application in .net c# that uses the asp.net Identity package for authentication and user management. I'd like to host this on the Microsoft Azure platform, so it should be designed to be able to migrate there. I would also like the project to be written so that there are code-behind pages. You can use other languages and components to accomplish specific features and functionality, however the major mechanics of the web application should be written in c#.

Functional flow - As the webpage loads, I'd like the users to have the ability to see the chat window with the last 50-100 messages from the chat log. There should be a Sign-In button that would allow them to participate. The chat window should be able to open/close/collapse within the application.

User login and management:
To make this a little easier, I think it might make sense to use the .net Identity sample package. In any case, here are the features that I need to have in the user registration / management. All the features below are in the [url removed, login to view] identity sample nuget package.

User registration features:
-Register a user and login using username and password
-Login using a social account such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google
-Basic User management - Create, Update, List and Delete Users. Assign a Role to a new user.
-Basic Role management - Create, Update, List and Delete Roles.
-Account Confirmation by confirming email.
-Password Reset
-Two-Factor authentication (Authy or Google Authenticator)
-Account Lockout for failed attempts
-Security Stamp (Sign out everywhere)

Multi-user chat features:
-Real time chat is required (SignalR or another technology)
-List of users in chat displayed
-Main chat box shows userid time and the message they typed
-All chat is logged into a sql database (userid/time/date/messages/ip address)
-Administrator user names appear in a color that can be set in an option/admin screen.
-Ability to sent a private message to another user (ex: /msg username message)
-Ability to report a user for abuse to an admin (ex: /report username message), if an admin isn't online it sends an email to a support email address (example support at [url removed, login to view], etc)
-Ability for an admin to shadowban a user (the user can still type messages but no one can see them) (ex: /shadowban username on/off)
-Ability for an email to ipban a user (ex: /ipban username on/off). The user is logged off (if possible) and unable to login again (account disabled).
-Ability to send text programmatic to the chat window as well as the status box from c#.

Note: In the future, I'd like to be able to add additional custom commands for games, so if the chat can be written so that the /commands are easily added in the c# code in future, this would be preferred.

Status box features:
-A text box/area that's scroll-able and append-able when written to from code. There should be a way to write messages to the status box from c# code.
-Text in the status box is not shared with all users in chat, only the user that loads the web app.
-Ability to send text with color, bold, and size formatting to the status box from c# code.
David19 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:07:38 PM

I agree with Vod, consider writing a scope of work with a list of functionality that you need and the skill sets and technologies that you're looking for.  You'll get more responses and feedback that way. Consider posting on xbtfreelancer as well, also, use escrow (I recomend OgNasty's escrow here in the forums).

Here's a past example that you can use that I had used in the past for a project that I outsourced:

Code:
PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Create a multi-user chat application in .net c# that uses the asp.net Identity package for authentication and user management. I'd like to host this on the Microsoft Azure platform, so it should be designed to be able to migrate there. I would also like the project to be written so that there are code-behind pages. You can use other languages and components to accomplish specific features and functionality, however the major mechanics of the web application should be written in c#.

Functional flow - As the webpage loads, I'd like the users to have the ability to see the chat window with the last 50-100 messages from the chat log. There should be a Sign-In button that would allow them to participate. The chat window should be able to open/close/collapse within the application.

User login and management:
To make this a little easier, I think it might make sense to use the .net Identity sample package. In any case, here are the features that I need to have in the user registration / management. All the features below are in the [url removed, login to view] identity sample nuget package.

User registration features:
-Register a user and login using username and password
-Login using a social account such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google
-Basic User management - Create, Update, List and Delete Users. Assign a Role to a new user.
-Basic Role management - Create, Update, List and Delete Roles.
-Account Confirmation by confirming email.
-Password Reset
-Two-Factor authentication (Authy or Google Authenticator)
-Account Lockout for failed attempts
-Security Stamp (Sign out everywhere)

Multi-user chat features:
-Real time chat is required (SignalR or another technology)
-List of users in chat displayed
-Main chat box shows userid time and the message they typed
-All chat is logged into a sql database (userid/time/date/messages/ip address)
-Administrator user names appear in a color that can be set in an option/admin screen.
-Ability to sent a private message to another user (ex: /msg username message)
-Ability to report a user for abuse to an admin (ex: /report username message), if an admin isn't online it sends an email to a support email address (example support at [url removed, login to view], etc)
-Ability for an admin to shadowban a user (the user can still type messages but no one can see them) (ex: /shadowban username on/off)
-Ability for an email to ipban a user (ex: /ipban username on/off). The user is logged off (if possible) and unable to login again (account disabled).
-Ability to send text programmatic to the chat window as well as the status box from c#.

Note: In the future, I'd like to be able to add additional custom commands for games, so if the chat can be written so that the /commands are easily added in the c# code in future, this would be preferred.

Status box features:
-A text box/area that's scroll-able and append-able when written to from code. There should be a way to write messages to the status box from c# code.
-Text in the status box is not shared with all users in chat, only the user that loads the web app.
-Ability to send text with color, bold, and size formatting to the status box from c# code.

The issue is that i don't have everything figured out since i have to talk to a developer that could tell me what is realistically possible and what is not. The gambling platform that i am creating is nothing like any current bitcoin based gambling platforms. There are many complications with it.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:23:17 PM

The issue is that i don't have everything figured out since i have to talk to a developer that could tell me what is realistically possible and what is not. The gambling platform that i am creating is nothing like any current bitcoin based gambling platforms. There are many complications with it.
I can help you figure out everything.A coder not necessarily would have all the knowledge about your requiremts or the entire architecture you need.He might just ask you to list your requirements down and code accordingly.As a developer myself,I know how hard it is to understand the client's requirements,which of course changes over time until the final product is released.I can help you figuring out the technologies needed and creating a architecture so the only part coder would have to do is ,write code to satisfy all those requirements.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: