Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:33:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: changing qt wallet design?  (Read 1443 times)
freebitcoins4u (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:23:39 AM

hey all, i dont know if someone every thought about it, but how about making it easy for people to change their qt wallet (or lite wallet) design?
i think it will be very cool if people will be able to change the background of the wallet like pc desktop or phone wallpaper.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptospreader

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

askNFTY Team Account

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

gaia wallet has the feature to change wallet themes.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 09:04:57 AM

hey all, i dont know if someone every thought about it, but how about making it easy for people to change their qt wallet (or lite wallet) design?
i think it will be very cool if people will be able to change the background of the wallet like pc desktop or phone wallpaper.

It's open source, you can always create a fork on github and implement a themed design Wink
You can even ask the developers, altough i very much doubt anybody would be willing to spend time on a themed design, they all seem to be focussed on functionality...

That being said, i to think the design of the QT wallet is a bit dated, but i personally don't really care as long as i can do everything i need to do in a safe way...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
achow101
Legendary
expert

Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 11:38:36 PM

The developers are not very good designers and only make the GUI in such a way that can be used, but may not provide the best user experience. If you can make it better or add themes, then please do and submit a pull request.

LucioTan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:02:18 AM

The plan is that we have a simple webinterface (PHP-based) where we enter the receiver, the amount, the username (will correspond to the name of the wallet file) and the wallet password. The script would then send the data to bitcoin-qt (or whatever we use) which will then execute the transaction. Also, it should be possible to view the amount of BTC that each wallet has (After entering the password of course).
mocacinno
Legendary

Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 07:05:43 AM

The plan is that we have a simple webinterface (PHP-based) where we enter the receiver, the amount, the username (will correspond to the name of the wallet file) and the wallet password. The script would then send the data to bitcoin-qt (or whatever we use) which will then execute the transaction. Also, it should be possible to view the amount of BTC that each wallet has (After entering the password of course).

So, you basically want to create a web wallet service? It's a pretty easy thing to do by using bitcoind's json-rpc connection. Do be carefull about your security tough!
Offcourse, bitcoind will need to be running as a daemon, and only one wallet file can be opened at a time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████