Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:15:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin can be used as a method of payment online?  (Read 4250 times)
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:25:46 PM

whaat? bitcoin is a cryptocurrency its main point is to be used online lol. what did u think bitcoin was?

whether bitcoin is a great form of currency in the digital world is a matter of opinion, but almost everyone including me on this forum will tell you that bitcoin is an amazing form of currency.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:47:58 PM

There I was thinking of bitcoin and it is contained in the title of this post. Is bitcoin can be used as a method of payment online?
Seeing that bitcoin has prices that always change when it is used as a payment method definitely prices will change as well. That would make traders must often change the prices in order not to incur a loss if the price drops. What do you think ? Is bitcoin can be used as a method of payment online?

yes it can be used as an online payment method and it is being used as an online payment method already.
the biggest company that recently started accepting bitcoin was Valve (steam).

what these companies can do is that they mostly accept bitcoin through a payment processor service thingy like bitpay which then pays valve the money not bitcoin so they get their money while customers are paying bitcoin.
Off course bitcoin can be used as a payment method online only not every webshop is acceptin bitcoins right now that is because there are allot of new bitcoin users.
So the market of the bitcoin need to work also with bitcoins there are coming more shops witch accepting bitcoins,
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:50:29 PM

There I was thinking of bitcoin and it is contained in the title of this post. Is bitcoin can be used as a method of payment online?
Seeing that bitcoin has prices that always change when it is used as a payment method definitely prices will change as well. That would make traders must often change the prices in order not to incur a loss if the price drops. What do you think ? Is bitcoin can be used as a method of payment online?
There's a big chance that bitcoin can be adopted by big merchants for allowing it to be an option of as a payment online. I see merchants doing it now, in fact here in our country we have 1 merchant that allow us to pay our bills, loads and gaming coins like garena shells thru bitcoin. It is really good to see merchants like this but beside of this good option we need to have strict verification of ourself like verifying our account thru passports, government ID and other things that are valuable for ourself.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 01:51:41 PM

bitcoin is already being used as a method for online payments by many people. and it is only growing each day when a new service starts accepting bitcoin as payment. so the confusion of OP only means he has never checked any shop that accepts bitcoin.

--looking for signature--
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:53:08 PM

Just to name one, Expedia accepts payments in bitcoin. Read here for the terms and conditions: http://www.expedia.com/Checkout/BitcoinTermsAndConditions

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 02:19:51 PM

It is used by online shopping portals but in my country, I know only of zebpay accepting bitcoins for buying gift cards, paying bills and recharging any mobile number. Zebpay must be buying and selling bitcoins for a profit and hence they might be able to afford it but it's very risky if you don't have a regular exchanger and need to trade independently due to the volatility.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 02:23:31 PM

Tonnes of merchants use BTC as a form of payment, my business does and has for years, way before it was mainstream.

Azael

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:43:57 PM

Works smooth and fast if merchants accept 0 confirmation payments but then they also take on them the risk of fraud. Otherwise some 15 mins is the norm for a payment. I think as a payment it works well for low cost items as 0 confirmations can be accepted since the potential loss of payment is a very small amount. Coinbase does this.

Then we could discuss the volatility but that will be straightened out at some point. I don't have any two cents on when or why.

twitter.com/erikledgers
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:52:09 PM

Already with some online stores its been added as a payment gateway. Limited number of stores can be found accepting bitcoin. Possibly when years pass the situation changes with more stores adding bitcoin as a payment gateway.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
escrowboy

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:56:19 PM

Works smooth and fast if merchants accept 0 confirmation payments but then they also take on them the risk of fraud. Otherwise some 15 mins is the norm for a payment. I think as a payment it works well for low cost items as 0 confirmations can be accepted since the potential loss of payment is a very small amount. Coinbase does this.

Then we could discuss the volatility but that will be straightened out at some point. I don't have any two cents on when or why.
Well you have a good point. Confirmation will really be a problem once we have this online payment thru bitcoin but I think we can solve this by changing our confirmation time with higher fees, but it will make more cost on our end.
bitdoger

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:10:33 PM

Is bitcoin can be used as a method of payment online? yes it can there is many websites accepts BTC and one of them is car seller website in my country

Kevin29

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:22:13 PM

Yes yes yes like coins.ph
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1449

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:28:59 PM

I was puzzled by your question and I had to check the date of your post. You know, bitcoin already is being used as a method of payment online, in a lot of sites and services. The dark market alone has a lot of people accepting it as payment. And so do a lot of merchants in legit sites. I think the real question is how far can bitcoin go as a method of payment online?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:41:10 PM

Well you have a good point. Confirmation will really be a problem once we have this online payment thru bitcoin but I think we can solve this by changing our confirmation time with higher fees, but it will make more cost on our end.
I also have 1-2 apps accepting bitcoin payments but they charge a lot and also require us to submit ID proof which I am not comfortable sharing if the app is a new one. Except gyft and purse, I don't feel we have the option to pay bitcoins on Amazon and Ebay or may have it in future.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:51:15 PM

What are you saying? There are already multiple sites/companise that have already adopted the use of bitcoin as payment.

Take Steam for example (because I know Steam is probably one of the most popular companies that has adopted
bitcoins). It is already accepting bitcoins to fund your steam wallet, by converting your bitcoins to cash at whatever's the value of bitcoin at the moment you send your coins.
hypinggg

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:39:31 PM

I think it actually can be used for online payments.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:39:46 PM

whaat? bitcoin is a cryptocurrency its main point is to be used online lol. what did u think bitcoin was?

whether bitcoin is a great form of currency in the digital world is a matter of opinion, but almost everyone including me on this forum will tell you that bitcoin is an amazing form of currency.
well people might argue what is the main purpose of bitcoin because it might be used for a lot of different things actually thus i think that the main point isnt to shop online only

bitcoin surely can be used as a payment method online to be honest but you also might use it in the real life if you shop in the shops that accept bitcoins, i think that its a really great thing
Superbitzz

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:14:03 PM

well people might argue what is the main purpose of bitcoin because it might be used for a lot of different things actually thus i think that the main point isnt to shop online only

bitcoin surely can be used as a payment method online to be honest but you also might use it in the real life if you shop in the shops that accept bitcoins, i think that its a really great thing
i also agree with you. bitocin can you use for online payment. there are so many exchange of currencies and other transaction companies through whom we can do online payment to some one.
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:17:27 PM

it is already used by several people as an online payment method. the price changing is double edged so it can be for the receiver benefit sometimes. and for small amounts, the normal price movement won't affect the value in short time
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:03:01 AM

Yes it is possible. Today we can buy cellphone load using bitcoins, pay bills here in the Philippines using coins.ph. There are also online seller who sell their products and items such as perfume, cosmetics, soap, bags and accessories on facebook and accept bitcoin as payment. But it is just small scale it is not yet accepted by big companies on the internet bu someday it will happen we just need to wait.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: