Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: financing a 'Community Miner' project; Are You In?  (Read 3973 times)
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:46:01 PM

So, just to be clear:

Naysayers should not reply

The original posting didn't indicate you only wanted positive responses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:13:18 AM

OP registered at April 09, 2016.

I think he doesn't rembember the good old scam days..... Bick had some community project or something. It failed. And all these projects failed except Sidhack's stickminers.

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 06:51:25 AM

Now, back on topic.  I am still talking to an ASIC supplier twice per week waiting on updates.  Still nothing on the Bitfury front.  I have also been reaching out to BW (I will have a hell of a phone bill this month I am sure) but that is in its infancy and I will update if anything comes of it.

I make this prophecy:

You will get nothing out of BW and you will keep getting nothing out of Bitfury and you have no fortune with Bitmain absolutely!

Not a strange and exciting enough prophecy?

not a fault of me, the poor ordinary prophet!

The Almighty assigns simple jobs to me  Cheesy

I love being the ASSHOLE so here we go - after reading your comment above, where in HELL do you expect to get ASICS if other seasoned forum members cannot get them.  Is the Majestical Fucking ASIC Fairy going to sprinkle her fairy dust on some corn flakes for you?

ps- if you say you are going to design and produce them, please lock this thread and let it go away gracefully
aliashraf (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 07:00:49 AM

I was just chewing this thread (which I started with a lot of hopes) and became so angry about my bad luck and fortune being born in and grown and stuck in the Middle Hell region ...

It is our fate in the Middle Hell and all other not-enough-developed parts of the world that we have to deal with dead or dying bodies of technologies, instead of the fresh and newborn  babies ... I got another sad confirmation about it in the last 24 hours as I figured out if not Bitcoin but at least this community is a dying or badly and disappointingly sick body.

As always, as a third world engineer, I'm a few years late.  Sad

how is it? stay with me

Confronting Bitcoin centralization threat, one can imagine different classes of people:

1- One who does not understand and have not a clue about the role of decentralization in the Bitcoin, an ignorant, a piece of cake ready to be ripped off by Mao Zedong's successors

2- One who knows every thing and has surrendered, moved to Altcoins or is planning to migrate, a betrayer, one who has no sense of strategy

3- One who knows but has plans and opportunities to have a share of the bones in the ripping party , a greedy idiot

4- One who knows and is developing a counter attack strategy by promoting and preserving community mining , a fighter

I hate reddit and I don't know why, I don't feel good there and haven't registered an account, I had more hopes here to be in touch with fighters, people that do not give up.

Obviously Craig is right, he is the real Satoshi ... who else can be such a fool to ruin such a brilliant idea by choosing SHA256 (twice!) with that little memory footprint and no I/O at all ... perhaps he was a kinda ... somewhat like that Vitalik ... this is really an apocalypse ... even our geniuses are cartoons of a genius ...  choosing this SHA256 piece of shit as PoW, such an obviously vulnerable algorithm to ASIC attacks ... oh, come on geny! you better vanish man ... ASIC's existed much before CPU's, actually the first so-called 'computer' was an 'Application Specific' piece of shit ... you crazy man?

Now it is our reality, ordinary people don't mine, most of the total hash power is under the ultimate control of just one single person, Xi Jinping, and we have to 'trust' in his majesty not going mad and blowing everything. Pathetic!

back to the topic, back to the topic Ali, remain focused ...

Community mining is not a joke, it is not a hobby, it is not intended to be  'fun', it is a  fundamental priority for Bitcoin to complete its mission.

Things are complicated, game is not over, there are a few good news too:

1- Xi Jinping and his loyal citizens can do nothing  bad to Bitcoin unless being prepared for their share of billions of dollars worth of coins to be disappeared for ever, they are greedy and we have some time  Wink

2- As a game changer, Bitcoin makes it possible for people to cooperate in a decentralized, transparent, democratic, smart fashion, it can be and should be used to clean the Satoshi mess about SHA256 and this ASIC attack on the network.

3- ASIC is not a 'too advanced' topic, don't panic! I agree that people with more resources have some advantages but how much? We can compete, don't panic!

4- A lot of opportunities out there. The core infrastructure is not the only place to have people contribution, we can open new front lines and fields, related to and supported by a reliable enough infrastructure but definitively distinguished and independent from it.

It is what I mean by a fighter, a person who does not panic, does not give up, stays stood, looks for opportunities and possibilities, has a vision, is focused and oriented toward preserving the most beautiful innovation in 21st century although it is made by a crazy, almost fool person: Satoshi Nakamoto.

Where in the hell are the real fighters? Is this community really dying?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:11:19 AM

Personally..Bitcoin is going to die..those mega bitcoin mining farms that keep getting bigger every day,will be the demise of it.

Move on & create or use another coin  Wink  I have  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Brewins
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:11:30 AM

That is nice but where are you planning on getting ASICS?
Brewins
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:14:14 AM

Personally..Bitcoin is going to die..those mega bitcoin mining farms that keep getting bigger every day,will be the demise of it.

Move on & create or use another coin  Wink  I have  Sad

out of curiosity, what coin have you moved on to  Wink
aliashraf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 07:17:10 AM

Now, back on topic.  I am still talking to an ASIC supplier twice per week waiting on updates.  Still nothing on the Bitfury front.  I have also been reaching out to BW (I will have a hell of a phone bill this month I am sure) but that is in its infancy and I will update if anything comes of it.

I make this prophecy:

You will get nothing out of BW and you will keep getting nothing out of Bitfury and you have no fortune with Bitmain absolutely!

I love being the ASSHOLE so here we go - after reading your comment above, where in HELL do you expect to get ASICS if other seasoned forum members cannot get them.  Is the Majestical Fucking ASIC Fairy going to sprinkle her fairy dust on some corn flakes for you?

ps- if you say you are going to design and produce them, please lock this thread and let it go away gracefully

first: I think you don't understand what ASIC is, and how much it costs us to develop an open-to-market ASIC chip, so you just, 'guess' it is very complicated and 'too advanced' while it is not.

second: A properly organised community can negotiate and control far more better than a single person.

third: You better understand one single important point: We have no choice other than fighting together to the last minute, no other choice and there is hope.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:26:31 AM

Move on & create or use another coin  Wink  I have  Sad

out of curiosity, what coin have you moved on to  Wink

Back to GPU mining,lots to chose from & makes a little more with 3 GPU's (450 watts) than you can with 3000+gh (600+ watts) of ASIC sha256 crap gear  Wink

And ASIC crap gear you are stuck mining ASIC riddled crap coins  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
aliashraf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 07:33:29 AM

Back to GPU mining,lots to chose from & makes a little more with 3 GPU's (450 watts) than you can with 3000+gh (600+ watts) of ASIC sha256 crap gear  Wink

betrayal is not acceptable, you a betrayer unacceptable  Cheesy, read my post?
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:03:12 AM

betrayal is not acceptable, you a betrayer unacceptable  Cheesy, read my post?

I'm also a quitter...I quit drinkin & using  drugs 20 years ago & smoking cigs 2 months ago  Tongue

Wanna fight about it Huh (Family guy ref)  Cheesy

aliashraf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 08:33:00 AM

betrayal is not acceptable, you a betrayer unacceptable  Cheesy, read my post?

I'm also a quitter...I quit drinkin & using  drugs 20 years ago & smoking cigs 2 months ago  Tongue

Wanna fight about it Huh (Family guy ref)  Cheesy

Good  for you. quitting alcohol and drugs is kinda fighting, it is bravery Smiley (smoking is another category, I love smoking it reminds me of the bitter taste of life)

The thing is Bitcoin is not an addiction, you know it, don't be a coward, it is a battle field, quitting here is anything other than bravery
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:57:16 AM

I'm also a quitter...I quit drinkin & using  drugs 20 years ago & smoking cigs 2 months ago  Tongue

Good  for you. quitting alcohol and drugs is kinda fighting, it is bravery Smiley (smoking is another category, I love smoking it reminds me of the bitter taste of life)

The thing is Bitcoin is not an addiction, you know it, don't be a coward, it is a battle field, quitting here is anything other than bravery

As with my addictions..I learned when to quit..very late but I learned.I've been mining since June 2011,how bout you??

See,I've been here & done that.I've mined about 700 btc & have ZERO to show for it,it all got spent on ASIC upgrade after ASIC upgrade after ASIC upgrade(that never made the btc back that it cost),oh & the ripoff miners that never showed up  Roll Eyes

It's a losing battle,none of us will win,we do not have the weapons,Bitmain,Avalon,KnC,Bitfury,etc have them & they will escalate this to the heavens to earn money...as the Borg said "Resistance is futile"  Sad

As I said,find another coin to champion for,BTC is not it anymore,it does NOT belong to the people,like the US of A,it belongs to the corporations  Cry

aliashraf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 10:28:36 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 10:52:26 AM by aliashraf

As with my addictions..I learned when to quit..very late but I learned.I've been mining since June 2011,how bout you??

See,I've been here & done that.I've mined about 700 btc & have ZERO to show for it,it all got spent on ASIC upgrade after ASIC upgrade after ASIC upgrade(that never made the btc back that it cost),oh & the ripoff miners that never showed up  Roll Eyes

It's a losing battle,none of us will win,we do not have the weapons,Bitmain,Avalon,KnC,Bitfury,etc have them & they will escalate this to the heavens to earn money...as the Borg said "Resistance is futile"  Sad

As I said,find another coin to champion for,BTC is not it anymore,it does NOT belong to the people,like the US of A,it belongs to the corporations  Cry

Good, very good debate, I suspect it doesn't belong here though, but damn it, my topic, my choice, I'm used to dive right into the middle of hell, actually I live there already, so damn it ... I just dive in

1 - ASIC is something and miniaturization is another thing, SHA256 ASIC technology can't go further than recently introduced ASIC Boost enhancement, there is nothing to be improved other than the degree of miniaturization (nano meter scale).

2- Miniaturization and nano race, can't go to infinity. Moore law is already suspected to break and will break eventually.

3- Miniaturization is not privately owned by Bitmain or BW or Bitfury they are nothing comparing to Intel, IBM, ...

4- The most consuming part of ASIC development is about its design/test cycle, there is new technologies that can make it  much easier and more cost-effective for average investors to build their ASIC's with reasonable cost.

5- An important share of the gap is not because of their exclusive access to ASIC it is about other parts of the mining hardware too.

6- Given my above assertions being totally invalid (obviously they aren't) the bitcoin community is large enough to compete and the technology provides more than enough opportunities and infrastructure to have this community in a fair and decentralized way of co-funding and cooperating aligned with their short and long term interests.

I can add one or two more items but the point is clear: There is hope!  
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 09:29:52 PM

unless you've a couple million dollars behind you; or a fat stack of 16nm chips ready to solder to a chinese cloned PCB - i'd probably advise against wasting your time. the mining paradigm has evolved from companies releasing machines to home users, then exclusively large mining outfits; to then hoarding their own equipment for their own exclusive use (knc, bitfury, anyone remember the bitcoin brothers?)..

if the end goal is still mining for profit; set up a pool and rent some hashrate at an agreed price, and hope you beat the cut. this will be your most successful option; as the only people making money are the ones who either stole the equipment they use, are not paying for power or have a large amount of space at their disposal (not to mention those who mine selfishly.. f2pool/btcc/antpool).

get some interested candidates to throw some btc at a reasonable amount of hashrate; then split it accordingly. this is still more than possible and worthwhile

my father wears sneakers in the pool
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:26:45 PM

Wow, what a read. I truly hope nobody gets scammed.
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:57:44 AM

... ASIC Fairy going to sprinkle her fairy dust on some corn flakes for you?

And here I was thinking Luck Charms, you know, because they're magically delicious. Oh, and the give you a wicked sugar high.

No mining at the moment.
Brewins
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:25:52 AM

I make this prophecy:

first: I think you don't understand what ASIC is, and how much it costs us to develop an open-to-market ASIC chip, so you just, 'guess' it is very complicated and 'too advanced' while it is not.

second: A properly organised community can negotiate and control far more better than a single person.

third: You better understand one single important point: We have no choice other than fighting together to the last minute, no other choice and there is hope.

WOW - I like the insult but I am aware of what an ASIC is, but I think you are the one that is delusional.  What type of money do you think it will take to design and fab an ASIC that can compete with the current generation?  Secondly, how soon do you think you could get it done with the current backlog of chips being produced?  Do you think your long speeches will get Global Foundaries to let you go ahead of the billion dollar companies?

Please elaborate on the budget and timeframe you are looking at because the only person on this thread without a clue seems to be the OP.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:28:22 AM

I am up for any well conceived, profitable, reputable and realistic ASIC project that I can afford.
So far I don't see one here.  Just a lot of blah, blah, blah.
Stop asking for money before you have a plan with the above characteristics.
Or better yet - if you know so much, start your own company.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:45:20 AM

I am up for any well conceived, profitable, reputable and realistic ASIC project that I can afford.
So far I don't see one here.  Just a lot of blah, blah, blah.
Stop asking for money before you have a plan with the above characteristics.
Or better yet - if you know so much, start your own company.

Come on,you don't trust this face??

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: