Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:18:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Found this on reddit...opinions?  (Read 403 times)
pitbully2000 (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 08:49:03 PM

Pertaining to origin, I don't think I could have said it any better...anyone else share this theory? Truly is the only reasonable theory as to why us government not only hasn't been fighting crypto, but seems to be getting behind it. I'm sure the powers that be knew when we were taken off the gold standard, it wasn't a sustainable option. It makes sense that they would be holders in a huge way as to retain control in the future cashless society. And not moving those early coins so as to not be seen as maipulation (until it's completely adopted by society)
 I'd love to hear any other theories...also, thoughts on btc being used only as defacto Internet currency OR solely for moving enormous amounts of wealth (when I fist got interested I really never thought btc would be everyday currency)
 Yes, I know that was a poorly formed set of questions...typing on my phone...awful lol
Anyways,  here's the reddit quote:
onus conspiracy point- I think Bitcoin was originally designed by a secret government group. Someone saw the writing on the wall that the dollar is propped up by nothing and a decentralised currency was inevitable. The bitcoin project was executed with such precision in the early days that I think it was the product of a think tank in Washington. This explains why none of the early coins have moved. This explains why it hasn't been shut down or aggressively pressured in the US like E-gold was. Maybe their plan was that by the time the dollar slips towards hyperinflation Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will have matured enough to take over the roll. The implication of this is that anyone holding bitcoin will be enter a new generation of wealth never seen before. Of course this is speculation, but nothing near as wild as some of the other theories.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 09:00:24 PM

Whoever created bitcoin knew that there would be no way to control it in the same way that traditional government currencies are controlled.  Therefore, if it was a team assembled by anyone affiliated with government, they would have done it knowing that the government's days of inflating currencies and manipulating wealth in that way were numbered.  I would say that if it was someone affiliated with governments or banks, it was an insider who was trying to collapse the system and replace it with this one.  If it was a nefarious player merely trying to swap the old system of control with a new system of control than he created a bad system for that purpose.  Even if the million satoshi coins are being saved for them later, that would be it as far as free coins because from that point forward it would be a level playing field at least with regard to the hard coded rules of the system.  They would never be able to just print money out of nothing ever again.  The genie is out of the bottle.  The only way it could have been a nefarious player is if they realized the jig was up and to at least ride the last leg of the party before the party was completely over.  My vote was that it was "good guys" as is evidenced by the headline about a 2008 banking collapse that was stamped on the genesis block
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: