Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:41:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When everyone is convinced there's a bubble, there's no bubble  (Read 550 times)
Alonzo Ewing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:32:14 AM

The bubble happens when people are convinced the rally is real and laugh at the bubble talk.

This tells me we're still early in the rally.
AgeraS

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:34:01 AM

I agree, but only time will tell.
gnu

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:37:59 AM

I don't know. I'm bullish long term. But looking at some of the posts on Reddit, people are saying "I got in at 25", "I got in at 35" and planning to max out their daily buying limit on coinbase. That sounds like a bit of a bubble to me. But maybe I'm just hopeful so I can get in lower. lol
bullyboy

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:39:27 AM

I'm worried about a bubble for sure.
How can it not be a bubble?

I didnt check my btc for a few weeks, because I got busy, came back to a double...
AgeraS

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:45:30 AM

I didnt check my btc for a few weeks, because I got busy, came back to a double...

Bitcoin has received a lot more positive press coverage over the last month, and it seems like more and more people are becoming interested in Bitcoin. That is why I think we are not in a bubble.
Alonzo Ewing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:50:59 AM

Bitcoin has received a lot more positive press coverage over the last month, and it seems like more and more people are becoming interested in Bitcoin. That is why I think we are not in a bubble.

In a bubble, the news is very positive.  That was true for both the dot-com bubble and the real estate bubble.
xisnotx

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 07:19:33 AM

Bubble is popping as we speak. Look out below...
aes1

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:39:20 AM

Bitcoin doesn't seem to be the stablest currency, but I don't suppose that its intrinsic value is going anywhere any time soon.

There will be 21 million bitcoins eventually. You can buy 21 bitcoins with less than $1000. With that, you get one millionth of the eventual bitcoin market. Assuming that bitcoin is going to be big (as it looks like), that's not going to be a small sum.
nanocoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 08:50:52 AM

With only ~10mm BTCs in circulation at the moment, BTC is trading like a hot IPO with microscopic float.  A BTC hedged fund was formally announced recently, holding nearly 1% of the outstanding BTC.  Given the hype and the limited float, it seems like BTC still has some room to run before we see the massive sell orders. 
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 09:00:26 AM

its not a bubble its a balloon!

poop!
rh1n025

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2013, 09:44:25 AM

its not a bubble its a balloon!

Hopefully if it is a balloon, it's one like that felix baumgardner guy used and not a free one from macdonalds!
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:15:57 PM

I think that when the mining reward starts to disappear, all of the miners are going to suddenly turn around and go, what happened to our coins? Then they will start buying as fast as they can.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: