Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:12:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the year 2100  (Read 14307 times)
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:16:27 PM

I do not even care about what is going to happen with Bitcoin at that point because I am sure that I will not be around by that time.
I want to know what is going to happen right now the future does not matter yet to me.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:20:21 PM

It's going to be around a couple million dollars per coin (current purchasing dollars, none of that "Zimbabwean dollars" bullshit"). People will 1 BTC or more will be considered moguls. It will be so rare that a single person owns 1 BTC by then.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:23:03 PM

I don't bother to think what will happen to bitcoin in 2100.  Why worry for the future for it is so uncertain.  Just think of what it is today and plan on how to make our holding appreciate in value rather than daydreaming decades of years ahead.  Am sure if we set a strong foundation for bitcoin today it will live and last for century.
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:36:19 PM

I don't bother to think what will happen to bitcoin in 2100.  Why worry for the future for it is so uncertain.  Just think of what it is today and plan on how to make our holding appreciate in value rather than daydreaming decades of years ahead.  Am sure if we set a strong foundation for bitcoin today it will live and last for century.
Yeah it would be a waste of time of thinking that  long as we don't know whether bitcoin will survive that long or not so its good to keep on earning it in short term.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:03:58 PM

I don't bother to think what will happen to bitcoin in 2100.  Why worry for the future for it is so uncertain.  Just think of what it is today and plan on how to make our holding appreciate in value rather than daydreaming decades of years ahead.  Am sure if we set a strong foundation for bitcoin today it will live and last for century.
Yeah it would be a waste of time of thinking that  long as we don't know whether bitcoin will survive that long or not so its good to keep on earning it in short term.

Also its waste of time to think such days after long years. At the same these needs to be thought by the upcoming generation of bitcoin users, because most of the bitcoin users at present won't be living by 2100.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:30:26 PM

Oh! in the next century, I think it will be established much more and almost all of the world will have bitcoin and even children and uneducated will also know about bitcoin, just like dollar a century ago or in the beginning of it no one was aware of it but now every person in every corner of the world know it.
zodin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:49:23 PM

i think that it is just the wastage of time to comment on such kind of topic. i think why should we thing about such thing which are impossible in our own life time duration.
ezehy2014

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:56:19 PM

At the year 2100 bitcoin could have made a lot of people rich because 1 btc will be $100000, especially does who have been saving their btc
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:57:17 PM

i think that it is just the wastage of time to comment on such kind of topic. i think why should we thing about such thing which are impossible in our own life time duration.

Yeah and I think we should we concentrate on present rather then thinking of that long as majority of us will die till  that point of time so its useless and waste of time.
abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:03:34 AM

Oh! in the next century, I think it will be established much more and almost all of the world will have bitcoin and even children and uneducated will also know about bitcoin, just like dollar a century ago or in the beginning of it no one was aware of it but now every person in every corner of the world know it.
do you think that you will be alive at that time after almost 85 years. i dont think so, may be very little number of people who are using bitcoin in present time will be able to see 2100 century.
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:46:06 PM

To be perfectly honest, I have to say I really don't know and I really don't care to much either. Bitcoin was first, the proto of all coins and will stay relevant, even if only in discussions and for interest sake by 2100. The future will look much different, maybe so much so that Bitcoin will not be in use by then.

chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:49:17 PM

do you think that you will be alive at that time after almost 85 years. i dont think so, may be very little number of people who are using bitcoin in present time will be able to see 2100 century.

yeah and its better that we don't think of that too long as its not gonna serve the purpose its always better to keep on earning from it till its alive.
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:56:11 PM

What will the Bitcoin network look like in the year 2100?  Will people still be running and using Bitcoin?

So Exciting.  What will the world look like in 2100?  Will Bitcoin play a part in it?

~CfA~
In 2100 BTC will have even some halvings left, so I guess it will still be a part of humans' life. I think people will get to use it a lot more than now
yeah as said by many people that every year bitcoin users will continue to grow and possibly in 2100 bitcoin will be nicer and very known by many people because users would include all countries. maybe I bepikri users will reach almost everyone
toicamp

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:58:24 PM

84 years its too much to predict any real thing the best its to enjoy the present and think into like 2 years to 4 years future bitcoin will be good and active to 1000$ but like 2020 a new method of digital centrelized currency may occur
BigKobasica

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:40:33 PM

I think that bitcoin price will go to decreasw because world is doing crazy things to decrease world population to stop global warning.I think that also can hmbe chance that world human population will not exist because of world war 3.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:44:11 PM

I think that bitcoin price will go to decreasw because world is doing crazy things to decrease world population to stop global warning.I think that also can hmbe chance that world human population will not exist because of world war 3.

Price of bitcoin will increase from now onwards and I don't think that it will go down in coming years as we will find many investors and companies that will start adopting bitcoin.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:03:43 PM

Price of bitcoin will increase from now onwards and I don't think that it will go down in coming years as we will find many investors and companies that will start adopting bitcoin.

Exactly bitcoin will be more popular in future and  we will see mass adoption which will take price of bitcoin to higher level but cannot predict the exact price of it.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 11:11:44 PM

Dead, probably. Pretty hard to think 84 years ahead... I guess it'll be just part of the History. Our children will have even easier methods of paying than Bitcoin is... Maybe there'll be no other currencies except that new one? Who knows..
CoinBreader

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 12:37:00 AM

Well this thread reminds me :"100 Years: The Movie You'll Never See Future " #notcomingsoon
Is gonna be release in 2115 and by then ill be dust or maybe bones ! for sure future payments will be sci-fi for our generation so i dont even bother to imagine how bitcoin would be in 2100..
But my guess is that would be a rare currency since bitcoins are lost everyday 21mil coin is not enough for that long!
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1138

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 03:14:47 AM

What will the Bitcoin network look like in the year 2100?  Will people still be running and using Bitcoin?

So Exciting.  What will the world look like in 2100?  Will Bitcoin play a part in it?

~CfA~

You are talking about 84 years from now - no one on this forum will be here to see that :/

All of the members of this forum would be all dead, as he said  no one can see that. Maybe the new members of this forum would be our grandsons i think, Grin Its so hard to guess what would happen in future and no man has the ability of it. Maybe bitcoin would be used on that year if it would continue to produce more coins because 21m coins wouldnt be enough in future i guess.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: