Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:01:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the year 2100  (Read 14307 times)
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:24:23 PM

Of course, none of us will be here in 2100.
But a speculation of how or if bitcoin will be working at that time would help us understand the way bitcoin works and maybe even help us predict the developements in the nearer future.
I personally expect bitcoin not to be working at that time anymore. Most blocks will be found. New ones would come so slowly that confirmations of transactions would simply take too long.
You never know, there might be some people from today around in 2100 if things actually happen, but that's basically a crapshoot and I don't think we'll have decent anti-aging technology by then, but you never know.

As to the fate of Bitcoin, I would be surprised if it lasts for at least the next 2-3 decades, assuming there aren't any attempts to bring it down, but beyond that I'd not certain.
ihanaihana

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:28:00 PM

But a speculation of how or if bitcoin will be working at that time would help us understand the way bitcoin works and maybe even help us predict the developements in the nearer future.
I personally expect bitcoin not to be working at that time anymore. Most blocks will be found. New ones would come so slowly that confirmations of transactions would simply take too long.

One possible explanation is that doctors find the medicine to keep the young, so people can live with 100 years.

For bitcoin, it is very technical thing, it may be very expensive in 2100. Or it could be dead, no one knows. Maybe scientists find the way to crack bitcoin, and bitcoin will be worthless

░▄░░▄▄▄
█░█░█▄▀ | ARK.io | Token Exchange - 7 NOV 2016 |
█░█░█▀▄ | PUTTING THE CURRENCY BACK INTO CRYPTO. |
xavier77

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

Xavier

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:35:48 PM

What will the Bitcoin network look like in the year 2100?  Will people still be running and using Bitcoin?

So Exciting.  What will the world look like in 2100?  Will Bitcoin play a part in it?

~CfA~
I'm a time traveler, no lie.
In 2100, all bitcoins are mined by the Quantum Membrane Network (QMN).
The network is monitored and maintained by the Free Artificial People Collective (FAPC).

Since the World Congress declared them a "free person(s)" in 2087,
they ultimately were allowed to mine in non-human controlled pools.
Because of this, the FAPC were able to develop QMN rapidly and deployed them to their own benefit.
This led to human pool mining becoming obsolete and the rein of artificial people mining for the next 52 years.

The QMN harnessed its energy needs from other dimensions and the network can jump to others when desired.
It was said to be able to "drain" the energy/mass from other universes and their trillions of stars.
It was estimated (around 2137) that since the start of the QMN, at least three different universes were "drained"
to point in which it may have led to universal big freezes.

But this is entirely speculative and the systems actual workings are not entirely understood, and only known to few in the FAPC.
In 2237, FAPC were disbanded for unknown reasons and many of its members left earth to colonize different star systems.

Hope this answers your question.  Wink
It is based on fiction but I have to appreciate the efforts put to think such levels.

Here is my speculation on Bitcoins by 2100.
1.Defenses will be puzzled with so many guns traded anonymously online. Bribing and corruption will cause a havoc in the world. Stealing will get a new definition. Computer engineers will not get the same reputation as before. Banks will be replaced with cyber security departments. Crimes will be harder to resolve.
2. Advanced countries will have automated malls. Shopkeepers might lose their jobs. Exchange departments will get a drastic blow to their economy. Trading will get a new outlook. Common people might get to know the world. Big sharks would no longer be governments or organisations but individuals.
3. Gambling would be popular. People would really change for the worse.

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:41:46 PM

Lately, there's so many people talking about the quantum computer and how Bitcoin will survive this thing. In my opinion Bitcoin will always be there with any other form, in example like Bitcoin 2.0 or even Bitcoin 3.0. That's why I believe that Bitcoin will have a better system, a more safer and more compact system in the year 2100.

faucet used to be profitable
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:45:08 PM

One possible explanation is that doctors find the medicine to keep the young, so people can live with 100 years.

For bitcoin, it is very technical thing, it may be very expensive in 2100. Or it could be dead, no one knows. Maybe scientists find the way to crack bitcoin, and bitcoin will be worthless

In the year 2100 bitcoin how we now it today will not exist. Because by then the technology is old. It will be an artifact in the world of currencies. I do think/hope we may see a new kind of currency which is controlled by the people.
xJuturna

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:45:43 PM

I believe by this point all BTC will have been mined and please correct me if I'm wrong on this one. Lots of things will have changed by then and I'm fairly sure an alternate crypto-currency will have surpassed or become even with BTC as far as market value goes. Lots and lots of things could happen in the next 84 years, way too many to speculate accurately.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:50:03 PM

I believe by this point all BTC will have been mined and please correct me if I'm wrong on this one. Lots of things will have changed by then and I'm fairly sure an alternate crypto-currency will have surpassed or become even with BTC as far as market value goes. Lots and lots of things could happen in the next 84 years, way too many to speculate accurately.
Bitcoin is already been can mined by other people but we can still earning bitcoin without mining we have signature campaign serivces section where you can get task or offer your skills and we have altcoin section where we can earn in bounties..
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:51:24 PM

In the year 2100 bitcoin how we now it today will not exist. Because by then the technology is old. It will be an artifact in the world of currencies. I do think/hope we may see a new kind of currency which is controlled by the people.

Its impossible to imagine what will be the scenario in the year 2100 as we even don't know what will happen in next couple of months and what price it will be holding for us.
pakitz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:59:01 PM

year 2100,, maybe theres no more bitcoin.. there will be new crypto currency that will b introduced that is better than bitcoin..  Smiley
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:59:40 PM

I think it's still a long day to go on that year 2100. We even don't know what happen to bitcoin, is bitcoin still available or bitcoin already dead on that year.
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:08:05 PM

It was still a very long time. I do not know bitcoin will be reached in 2100 due to last as long as it bitcoin should be able to follow the development of the era. We'll see whether bitcoin can reach and let time answer.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:35:16 PM

So that was 84 years from now and no one would know since we are all six feet underground by that time.  If we could make a solid foundation with bitcoin today, for sure bitcoin is still there.  Its price maybe so high during that time and it could be accepted all over the world.  It is recognize by the government and all the stores accepting it.
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:42:58 PM

i think bitcoin will always update the technology every momment. it is importent to do because if the era more modern bitcoin also should have a new feature and more development to avoid replace by other newest technology in currency.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 09:03:05 PM

What will the Bitcoin network look like in the year 2100?  Will people still be running and using Bitcoin?

So Exciting.  What will the world look like in 2100?  Will Bitcoin play a part in it?

~CfA~

Lol slow down. I don't even think Bitcoin will survive past 2050. The NSA is already closer to Quantum computers than they ever have been.

Or maybe not.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:29:34 PM

~snip! ~

This is not a good place to advertise your iphone if you are just newbie no one can buy your offer good luck..
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:31:52 PM

iPhone is for technologically illiterate rich grandmothers.

You would expect more sales at a Hillary Clinton rally. Try advertising there. This is not a good place.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 11:42:13 PM

everything can happen, no people can predict it with 100% right, and the price of bitcoin maybe will be lost , if some country release his officially crypto curency, we know the R3 currency plan can make some people intersting in bitcoin, but i think more of people will invest at his "officially legal currency" and leave bitcoin.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:44:50 PM

I believe the year 2100 could bitcoin prices are at a very high range. bitcoin prices may be above 5,000 USD. only predictions, may or may not be appropriate. we'll see together.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:51:46 PM

What will the Bitcoin network look like in the year 2100?  Will people still be running and using Bitcoin?

So Exciting.  What will the world look like in 2100?  Will Bitcoin play a part in it?

~CfA~
Only time will tell my friend. No one can tell you the correct answer without just guessing. We unfortunately probably won't be around to see the world in 2100, but I can tell you one thing, it is going to be a lot more technology based compared to the world we live in now.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:53:23 PM

I believe the year 2100 could bitcoin prices are at a very high range. bitcoin prices may be above 5,000 USD. only predictions, may or may not be appropriate. we'll see together.
Yeah it can be happen but we dont really dont know because we are not fortune teller to know it but it can be possible because bitcoin is growing fast and more store are accepting bitcoin as payment.. and more company or site online are willing to pay in bitcoin as publisher..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: