Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:45:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you recieved random BTC, would you return it?  (Read 7028 times)
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:04:48 PM

First of all I have never received any bitcoin accidentally and  if I receive then I will send it to a real owner if he contacts me before I have spend them.
Lol if they can not contact you? because bitcoin is anonymous so everyone will not know if it's a bitcoin address is yours?
so how are they going to contacting you? I think it's less likely to return to the owner, better keep save it bitcoin dude Lol

takingthis4

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:10:07 PM

You would have to think about this all.  If someone accidentally sent it to you, what is saying that they did not need that money to pay their bills or something important.  Maybe they were paying a bill or sending money to someone who really needs it.  You have to wonder.  I would return it.
well it might ahve been just an accident that does not mean that they did not need it i think because of that i would most probably return the bitcoins back without thinking

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:25:30 PM

To be real I do not think that I would return it because nobody else would return it and I am sure of that. If I was send some Bitcoins to the wrong person I know that I would not receive it back.
So I would also not return it, I would receive it as a gift and sell all of them.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8170

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:03:40 PM

To be real I do not think that I would return it because nobody else would return it and I am sure of that. If I was send some Bitcoins to the wrong person I know that I would not receive it back.
So I would also not return it, I would receive it as a gift and sell all of them.

I would return it.
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:06:33 PM

I really agree with you, i'm sure when we accidentally transfer into wrong address, he will not return it and if it happen to me, maybe i would not return it. It's depend though.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:07:46 PM

If I receive a small amount of BTC then I would definitely not return it. However, if I receive a serious amount of BTC like more than 1, then I will surely return it to the payment address after deducting the transaction fees.

Because. I don't know the source of the fund. Small amount of dirty fund is ok for me, but not any serious amount. So I will definitely return it.

trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:10:25 PM

Let me say something true I don't think anybody will send it back if he get any coins random, so that I also would like to keep this amount if ever I received a decent amount from unknown address because it will be really hard to give back for me.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 04:11:51 PM

First of all i am not going to get free random BTC from anyone , But if get i may not return . I will only wait form 1-2 days for the owner to contact me through transaction with a message that he wants his bitcoins back and i will confirm and send him back the bitcoin and will take 0.2 and the rest of 0.8 will be sent back Tongue . No one is going to send you the btc randomly unless you are damn lucky.
Well so you asked this publicly 90% of people will say that they will send back but when they get the will not send it back Cheesy
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:12:28 PM

Let me say something true I don't think anybody will send it back if he get any coins random, so that I also would like to keep this amount if ever I received a decent amount from unknown address because it will be really hard to give back for me.

what you said is correct that no one is their who would return it and the most important part is how would you know who has sent you , even if any one wants to return it as through Wallet Address we cannot find the user. So i think this question has not point to prove.
nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:15:28 PM

If there's a possibility then why not returned it right? But I think people who send their coins accidentally is not really an accident because wallet address are case sensitive and most of them are so unique, so probably it was intentional.
bitdumper

Activity: 266

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:16:31 PM

i dont want to be a angel but if someone do not claim or requests the coins back with a valid prove . but if noone cames for atleast a month then i will take it as a donation :p

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8170

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 04:24:17 PM

i dont want to be a angel but if someone do not claim or requests the coins back with a valid prove . but if noone cames for atleast a month then i will take it as a donation :p

You're not being an angel by giving back what doesn't belong to you. 

MADISON COUNTY, GA (CBS46) -
A Madison County, Georgia teen who spent the better part of $30,000, which was mistakenly put into his checking account by a bank teller, will serve the next 10 years on probation and has been ordered by a judge to pay the money back.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/28299983/teen-convicted-after-spending-31k-mistakenly-deposited-into-his-account#ixzz4DYIDNXKr
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:04:20 PM

I would most likely keep it but not immediately. i would wait some days to see if someone contacts me in case that was a mistake or something.

I would do the same. Getting a random BTC would please me like everyone else. But if someone claims the BTC I would surely return them back. It feels nice to be kind to other person. I guess getting a random BTC would be very rare anyway !!!!
jukka

Activity: 259

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:07:27 PM

if i would personally know the sender i would return it otherwise most probably not.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:20:02 PM

If I knew the person personally or if I knew the person because of a business deal/transaction and they sent me the bitcoin by mistake or accidentally sent me more than what was owed, then yes, I would send it back for sure.

If it was a random person who I didn't know personally or not involving a business transaction, I wouldn't do anything until that person contacted me and then try to sort things out. How long I would wait before I considered just keeping the bitcoin for myself... I don;t know.
victoryboy

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:32:05 PM

As far as I know technically and logically this is not possible to receive any amount by its own without having previous transaction with that address.This thing makes bitcoin unique that you always need to copy/past address and if somehow any digit is missing it will not perform transaction.Let's suppose this happens anyhow then in case of being contacted will return for sure.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:49:03 PM

Maybe if it is possible to trace or to identify who is the sender I would return it to him but if not I have no but to keep it myself and own it since I don't know where it comes from I don't a time to trace and find him and maybe I would use it Grin
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:54:44 PM

Well I think it is possible to get any random amount without any reason till now I am not so lucky to get this kind of amount, I am not into position to say anything at the moment if I get into my wallet there definitely it will be much hard for me to return.
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:58:15 PM

I would probably keep it. I am not proud of this but that's human nature for you. Easier for me to be honest about this under a pseudonymous name Smiley

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:31:15 PM

I think not, i will leave it to myself, cause at my opinion every mistake should be punished. But it's very hard to send your money to random guy if you have attention.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: