Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you recieved random BTC, would you return it?  (Read 7030 times)
pearnapple

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:46:30 PM

I would send back bigger amounts but low amounts are not worth finding the righteous person they came from. It is very hard announcing
oh wow, i doubt that i would send back even more than i got but i would most probably return it back, i hope i will never get any bitcoins on accident as it would be a trouble for me

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:40:49 PM

Let's say you wake up some day and you get like 1 BTC. For me this is a lot. What do you do? You return back the BTC to the owner, do you keep it? and why.

I don't know what I would do to be honest. I mean who knows if the guy that just sent you this is a criminal or a good man? Very tough decision. For someone like me that has a small BTC wallet and is trying to make as much BTC as possible before its too late due price going too high, it would be hard to return it, but I would feel bad to keep it too.
I do not think that I would return it because it is just like if I found a random wallet with money on the street, I would take the money but I would take the wallet to the police station.
To be honest if I received random Bitcoin I would not return it because that is a sign.
PsursV

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:45:16 PM

yes very honestly i will like to return it because i do not like to depend on the income of some one else. i want to earn money on my own muscles.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:56:24 PM

To be honest I do not think that I would return them because it is free money and I know that nobody would the same for me.
I would just sell them right away to cash in and buy some nice things with the money.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:01:26 PM

yes - I would behave the same way if I found a wallet, credit card, or cash.  Its not mine.

I love Bitcoin
albysprx

Activity: 247

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:04:39 PM

i will keep it, because I don't know if he sent it by mistake or otherwise Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:06:14 PM

I think any respectable person would return it. This type of thing can happen when, for example, someone copy/pastes an address from the wrong profile.

As a general rule, the way to succeed in life is to invest and enjoy money YOU have earned but return anything that doesn't rightfully belong to you.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:19:58 PM

if I get it in a very large number, I'll get it back, but if it is very little, I probably will not return, because it will be very troublesome. I'm sure the person who sent bitcoin in small quantities may not be concerned with bitcoin which he submitted on the wrong address, because in not doing it carefully, but if it involves big money, maybe I'll give it back
xavier77

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

Xavier

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:05:27 PM

I would send back bigger amounts but low amounts are not worth finding the righteous person they came from. It is very hard announcing
oh wow, i doubt that i would send back even more than i got but i would most probably return it back, i hope i will never get any bitcoins on accident as it would be a trouble for me

you would, i believe you would Smiley and for honesty, many people will reward you

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
ubitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:03:34 PM

this is a question of morality, lets say what if it was you who made the mistake and lost the coins? wouldn't you want your coins to be sent back to you as soon as possible?
Just do what ever to whom ever as you like others to do with your self.
Let's say it is indeed his fault for having his coins sent to the wrong person.
Putting yourself in the same situation, of course, you'd feel very bad for yourself and that person. But are you obliged to return the coins?

I don't think there is such but it would then turn to question your sense of morality as to whether you will return it or not.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:20:51 PM

Let's say you wake up some day and you get like 1 BTC. For me this is a lot. What do you do? You return back the BTC to the owner, do you keep it? and why.

I don't know what I would do to be honest. I mean who knows if the guy that just sent you this is a criminal or a good man? Very tough decision. For someone like me that has a small BTC wallet and is trying to make as much BTC as possible before its too late due price going too high, it would be hard to return it, but I would feel bad to keep it too.

If i know the person that sent me the bitcoins then I would ask him/them about the reason of this transaction.
If they wanted this to happen then i would say thank you Tongue but if it was a mistake then i would return them the total amount - tx fee.
it is impossible to be done how can you contact the owner of the previous bitcoin address because bitcoin anonymous so very small chance that you could find someone who has sent you bitcoin ?
I think the thing to do is save bitcoin if anyone contacted you. you can return it bitcoin

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:23:32 PM

it ain't mine so it goes back. and if i ever sent some to the wrong address i'd expect it back too. maybe that makes me a hippyish drip but bitcoin's supposed to be making the world better, right?
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:54:02 PM

it ain't mine so it goes back. and if i ever sent some to the wrong address i'd expect it back too. maybe that makes me a hippyish drip but bitcoin's supposed to be making the world better, right?
Wow if you would really return them,congratulation's man,you have a big heart,im afraid i dont have it.
When i would write wallet address bad,and would transfer 1 btc somewhere else,i would accept that i have lost it.so i guess i would took it too if someone did mistake like this
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:44:51 AM

Thew honest thing would be to return what is not yours. Always put yourself in somebody else shoes andw you will know what is the right thing to do. And you don't know where this coins are coming fromw, so you might get into truoble..
Lol I think something that is already in your wallet is already yours mine whatever reasonfrom the sender, if the money had gone into your bitcoin wallet that already belongs to you, they will not likely to claim their bitcoin that exist in your bitcoin wallet Lol
no one will respond to they complaint
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 06:03:57 AM

I would not return it if I get it from an unknown, but I would return if the sender is knows and has sent them mistakenly. Because mistakes can happen and the random unknown receive, well that is just luck and why turn down your luck?  Grin
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:18:16 AM

First off someone sending 1 btc by mistake is highly improbable, but if it were to happen, I wouldn't bother sending it back.
I think I'd put the btc to better use than the person who sent it to you by mistake.

TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:09:22 AM

for me it depends on the situation if i know who sending it to me. i dont see areason why i dont give it back to them.if i dont know whos sending it tome i acept it as a gift of course  Grin Grin Grin

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:12:37 AM

for me it depends on the situation if i know who sending it to me. i dont see areason why i dont give it back to them.if i dont know whos sending it tome i acept it as a gift of course  Grin Grin Grin

lol that's what i want to say , i'll will return it to the owner if ever i know who is the sender of whatever amount has sent to me , but i think it is impossible to identify him so there would be no reason to  return it back to him .  Grin Grin
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:09:01 AM

Not only me no one can return bitcoin that they are received randomly or mistakenly. Everyone in the world is working just for money and if they get free money than how they will get back this money or bitcoins??  But i have believe that there are some  people that will return the bitcoins if they received by mistake but if the person want back that money Tongue
lienfaye

Activity: 2954
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:13:27 AM

If i know where to send back the bitcoins then i will return it. though it would be great having a coins came from nowhere i still cant enjoy money that is originally not mine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: