Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:20:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you recieved random BTC, would you return it?  (Read 7035 times)
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 07:37:56 AM

Mistaken I have sent to wrong bitcoin address, but haven't got it back. If I get some by mistake will try to find the right bitcoin address and return it back.
Saying it is very easy, suppose someone sends you 1 bitcoin how can you return it friend ?
I think it is impossible and even the richest will get a thought to keep it and not return until you sound like a scammer on not returning.

Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 07:41:34 AM

If I received random Bitcoin from someone then of course I would return it if that person can really explain the situation.
The person has to talk to me first if he or she does not say anything I am also going to stay silent with the persons coins.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:04:53 AM

First I was thinking that yes I will return that as it was in my mind that it will be came from someone by mistake, but a few minutes ago an idea came to my mind that I will check the history of that bitcoin address from which I get the coins, and when I see that this type of transactions happened to a number of addresses then I will not return as it will mean that it will be the giveaway from that person.
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:14:48 AM

Depends on the amount really.

Anything over 0.01 BTC I would return. (Worth 7$ right now)

Anything else below, is like meh. Depends if im lazy or not  Grin
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:42:10 AM

The only good thing to do is to return. Just think about an option that the person who accidently sent you 100BTC is some kind of criminal.
Keeping it would make you fear your life.

For that reason alone I would return it. Not being able to sleep because you have stolen money from a probable criminal is a guarantee for a fearful life.

But I bet a lot of people would keep it, which illustrates their dark mind.
That is exactly what I was thinking as well. Even if we keep our morals aside, like asking whether it is a good thing or a bad thing to return it, just thinking of what that person is feeling after mistakenly sending me coins is already somewhat painful for him. So, definitely, I would return it.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:45:20 AM

Anything below the transaction fee I would not return because it will cost me more to return than the total amount to be returned. Anything above this amount if the sender can contact me then I would return why not.
takingthis4

Activity: 504

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:21:15 AM

I will return it. It is not my money any way. The original sender might be worried about the loss of money.
thats something what i would think, i think that it is not my money so i dont have a right to hold it in my wallet, in my opinion i would just return it all back to the sender wallet

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:13:26 PM

Anything below the transaction fee I would not return because it will cost me more to return than the total amount to be returned. Anything above this amount if the sender can contact me then I would return why not.
Lol, ofcourse I will do what you said too. Why even waste time to return that low amount, it's already a common sense that the kind of amount below transaction fee is not usable.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:01:13 PM

To be honest i do not think that i would return it because I am almost sure that if I lost some bitcoin that nobody would return it to me.
I would just hold on to them or sell them right away.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:12:52 PM

To be honest i do not think that i would return it because I am almost sure that if I lost some bitcoin that nobody would return it to me.
I would just hold on to them or sell them right away.

Yeah and I think majority of people will do the same as everyone loves free money and if you receive it someday then your are really lucky to have it in your wallet.
takingthis4

Activity: 504

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:51:27 PM

The only good thing to do is to return. Just think about an option that the person who accidently sent you 100BTC is some kind of criminal.
Keeping it would make you fear your life.
well i guess you are right though in my opinion if the person sent it to a wrong wallet then there wouldnt be anything bad if you keep it if you wouldnt find anyone searching for it or sending you a small transaction with a message

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:48:53 PM

Not only me no one can return bitcoin that they are received randomly or mistakenly. Everyone in the world is working just for money and if they get free money than how they will get back this money or bitcoins??  But i have believe that there are some  people that will return the bitcoins if they received by mistake but if the person want back that money Tongue
Very very true, we all are here and talking to earn money and bitcoins and when we get it for free why will we return it ? really it will have no convincing reasons other than karma related things. I think only people to return would be the ones who are pressurized for returning it.
but i think it is not good and not true. i think it is not morally good i you will not return some ones bitcoin. because it is not your property and some one has sent it with mistake. and that is the teaching of islam that if  you found something one ground fall from some one then let it placed there. until the owner come and take it and if you found that the owner not come to receive it then donate it on his name but do not keep it with yourself.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:12:46 PM

Not only me no one can return bitcoin that they are received randomly or mistakenly. Everyone in the world is working just for money and if they get free money than how they will get back this money or bitcoins??  But i have believe that there are some  people that will return the bitcoins if they received by mistake but if the person want back that money Tongue
Very very true, we all are here and talking to earn money and bitcoins and when we get it for free why will we return it ? really it will have no convincing reasons other than karma related things. I think only people to return would be the ones who are pressurized for returning it.
But I have saw a lot of people who are more honest and more loyal with the orders of their God and I think if those people recieved some bitcoins randomly or by mistake they will return it with not taking  any moment.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:35:46 PM

But I have saw a lot of people who are more honest and more loyal with the orders of their God and I think if those people recieved some bitcoins randomly or by mistake they will return it with not taking  any moment.

To be honest its hard to believe that anyone will return it as its really difficult to find those honest people nowadays and chance are very less then anyone will return it.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:08:02 PM

To be honest its hard to believe that anyone will return it as its really difficult to find those honest people nowadays and chance are very less then anyone will return it.

yeah in today world it is really very hard to find some people honest like tat which you mentioned, I don't say that people like that are not available ( the world is existed because of people like those) But i say that their amount is lesser and we cannot say for any person that he is more honest,

By the way he is right if people like those get some bitcoins randomly or by mistake they will return.
Das

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:22:15 PM

I will feel like keeping it but I know I will definitely return it, because I will feel worse keeping it.

It does not matter if the owner is a good man or a devil, what matters is that the money is not mine.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:26:56 PM

I will feel like keeping it but I know I will definitely return it, because I will feel worse keeping it.

It does not matter if the owner is a good man or a devil, what matters is that the money is not mine.

Yeah its good to return it and if are capable and honest then we can earn much more in future by putting our own efforts and it would be an satisfactory felling to earn it with honesty.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 06:40:20 PM

This is a bit difficult because if i received random BTC with huge amount i would tempted to save it in my bitcoin wallet but may be if someone else asking for refunds i guess I would consider it but if not i would keep those bitcoin as random reward...
abugseuf

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:53:07 PM

yes it think i will return it. because to me it is not good to have some one else bitcoin. it is a kind of steelig some thing from someone. therefore i will like to return it to him.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:58:20 PM

If i remember correctly, i received btc that was sent by error and/or sent but there were some misinformations so deals fell off, so i returned funds
in all cases. The biggest was over 1 btc, second was ~0.25 btc and so on. I would do the same every time, but it would be nice if i atleast get a "thank you" afterwards.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: