Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:39:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Core Development Team  (Read 298 times)
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:48:53 AM

I want to put together a core development help team.  The goal of the team is to choose a new alt coin every three months and help it get going.  I think that many coins die because the intent behind them is wrong and the team that tries to put everything together falls apart.  However, i think there are those that want to embrace an altcoin for their group/charity/business and fail because their experience is in the wrong areas.  that creates a border between the rest of the world and bitcoin itself.

imagine a small community charity that knows something about bitcoin and wants a new coin to help their charity.  the charity is growing and the community behind them is growing, soon the charity will go beyond the community and outward.  they do a little research and the IT guy jumps in.  let's say they use a paid service and now they have their coin code and maybe even are running a node of their own.  they even found this forum and start to promote the coin.  here's the normal workflow, they are a newbie here so the trust is low, a few start mining and in the midst that are attacked by ten people calling their coin a shitcoin, they get hit with questions that they do not know the answer to, they eventually get abandoned by the miners and the coin falls out because they can't even support their own wallets, charity gone, bitcoin and their coin forgotten.

if they ever tell anyone anything about bitcoin, it will be that it is confusing and the people are mean, lol

Now, this team would pick just one coin per 90 day period.  it would be a team of 5-11 people with experience in both coding, production, crypto and the forum.  they vote among themselves and choose a coin, the main idea being a coin that has both potential and the right intent behind it.  they contact the coin and offer help.  they do this publicly on the forum so that people see that there is support. here are some key points/ideas

1. if the team uses a good amount of power to mine into the new coin, they can match or go beyond the amount of coins the new dev team can mine themselves, assuming that the team has little experience and BTC.  this is a good thing because if the new coin dev team is pump/dump scamming, the team here takes away that power.  the coins mined by our team can be controlled and distributed for various reasons, say bounties or whatever and if the original team stays legit, they can have their coins, but only after hearing a ten minute lecture on what will happen if they dump them all at one time

2. while crypto has no governing body that does not mean that it should not be watched over by those with the right ideas.  i know this sounds like the oppsite of what we are trying to do here, but it is the only way to keep some integrity in the market.  imagine what will happen if the United Way adopted a coin and it worked or The Red Cross, a new coin there that fails would be disaster, a new coin there that makes it would be awesome PR

3. This could also be the in for BTC into realms like kickstarter and mainstream crowdfunding.  that means that the social media will go from a few btc groups on facebook to people posting to their friends to help stop Cancer by buying the new alt coin and that means those people asking what the coin is and i would say that 10% would at least google bitcoin

4. this forum could stop attacking every single coin that emerges, yes, most suck, but people need to realize that failure did not mean the coin was flawed or the team was scamming and missed, it might mean that some people tried to do the right thing and got lost along the way

i want this team, i want good strong members and i myself will leave it be, i have some experience, but i am not the "elder" level, lol.  However, i will contribute 0.25 BTC each month to rent mining for a new coin sponsored by the group and another 0.25 per month to rent a VPS to create a mining pool and nodes for the new coins.  it is not much but it will help i think.  you guys can put me down for supporting new coins, but it is not that.  i want just FOUR new strong coins each year, chosen carefully not because they will make anyone rich, but because the represent something that counts. i would rather see a coin that helps cancer and is worth 0.000001 BTC than a coin that is named after a body part that is worth 0.001 BTC.  we need to help, not hinder real progress and real avenues into the rest of the world.  our little "secrets" about why a coin stops producing or loses value or fails or makes it are the reason why we still come across like a secret society of marketplace thugs.  tell the public that buying THIS COIN creates money to help a group of people that suffer and they will embrace it, cover facebook with coins that mean something and people will talk, show the government that 30% of the money raised for a charity was crypto and never taxed and they will start to change.  show everyone that bitcoin is good for helping people and not just buying drugs in middle Europe and we will stop being treated like criminals

SOOOOO, babbling aside, who is behind me on this?  i just want a team of five or more and some experience in there, thank you for your time
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:07:22 AM

I apprecaite the effort and i am sure that you can contribute to the team.  let's keep the coin announcements to a minimum until the team is going, lol.  i will not be on the team, but i would suggest that the voting and coin research would be done off the forum, probably a simple free team management/project management site.  how about instead of tossing the coins out there, you give a short bio and stress what skills you could bring to the team.  coins fail based on poor promotion, not enough nodes/mining, info that goes out of date(like a website that a team can not afford to keep open), trust is a big thing.

also, once the team is going a nice little prep list for coins to look at would be nice.  imagine the perfect coin name/abbrev for your coin gets stuck on a coin you premined too much and no one touches it because you has no idea what pre-mining was.  a nice page of info about where to start your coin, what are those weird little "algos".  stuff like that, we know some stuff, but imagine an IT guy from the American Cancer Society getting started.  He knows coding and such, gets what the algos do and mean, but how does he choose one?  might as well use Scrypt so that everyone can mine many coins, right?  and how can someone "stake" a coin when there are no coins, and the new coins come from "staking" but i cannot get new coins to stake without staking?  tokens? 

same thing in the economic sense.  i have most of my experience in business and know that the halving is likely not a thing to worry about.  I have been through stock splits with several big companies and know that my single $50 stock will basically become 2 $25 stocks and that they will each grow.  that means that my $50 will become around $75 over time.  stocks split to have more shares and create movement in the market, the halving is much like that

so, what is it that you bring to the table, as i said, i do not consider myself knowledgeable enough to be on the team, i just have the idea
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: