Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:49:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There can be no one-coin-to-rule-them-all.  (Read 360 times)
freshman777 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 08:00:52 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 08:19:07 AM by freshman777

Do you now understand this or do you need more proof? Watch this space for next few months and you will get proof in bucket-loads.

Future is many and diverse.

Specifically, I am talking about the end game here, not the next couple of years. If crypto survives in the future, there can be no one popular coin and some meaningless alts. There can be no two-three popular coins and some meaningless alts. If crypto survives, there will be 10-20 very popular coins, each with 5-10% of the market, and many competitors that will periodically unseat some of them top ones.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
ashkanb

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:28:11 AM

i'm confused; what you say is, in the next few months we'll see ample proof that in the future, long-term, there will not be a few popular coins & numerous meaningless alts. rather a great number of popular alts & numerous meaningless alts. right?

do you mean cryptos in general or just alts? do you separate btc?
if not, i'd like to see bucket-loads of proof that an alt (any alt) can challenge btc in the long run.
^ i mean that both sarcastically & literally.
if so, i hope you're right & we'll get to see a number of very well performing & popular alts.
however way, statistically speaking, diversity is always best & i'm, always, all for it!
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 12:15:47 PM

But there is 1  coin to rule them all.  Even if we do accept other alt coins for different purposes for example micro payment,   there  will always be one coin at the top  that will be the gold standard in the  cryptocurrency world.  I  mean why not? 

haendehochueberfall

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 12:29:30 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 12:39:58 PM by haendehochueberfall

Do you now understand this or do you need more proof? Watch this space for next few months and you will get proof in bucket-loads.

Future is many and diverse.

Specifically, I am talking about the end game here, not the next couple of years. If crypto survives in the future, there can be no one popular coin and some meaningless alts. There can be no two-three popular coins and some meaningless alts. If crypto survives, there will be 10-20 very popular coins, each with 5-10% of the market, and many competitors that will periodically unseat some of them top ones.

In parts, yes. Most is correct. All on one chain is not possible because of physical limitations BUT the periodic dethrowning will become less and less as time goes on. In 30 or 40 years said dethrowning of leading blockchains will only be a rare occasion. It already is a rare occasion for LTC to be overtaken for a while by something else before going back to its old place.
There is a bit of deeper monetary theory behind this idea. Hashrate and trust is more important than novelty. People won't switch from a coin they are loyal to like they are now to btc and ltc.

People will painfully learn in the next few years to value novelty lower than it is valued now because of bugs and risks that come with it. That's when the old and still good and clean coins will fly to the moon.
I'm predicitng a very large trend to old pow-coins in the upcoming years as people learn: new coins drop very hard on new bugs - almost a certainty, happens almost always. We've seen blockchains dissolve days after launch and people valuing it so high in the early days are really morons.
There will be a goldrush during fiat-inflation to low inflation and high hashpower altcoins.

One day people will wake up and demand 'currency' NOT 'token'. We'll all be making a fortune then.

The Pos-hype came and went, then the anon-hype came and went. A doge-hype there was (1000 clones) Now it's the smart-contract-hype and it will go away like the others too. Then there will be a hype on something else and so on. But the coins that stay for the years during all that und keep exisitng while other formally high valued coins die off, thse are the real goldmines; the humble and resilient ones.
freshman777 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 12:40:23 PM

But there is 1  coin to rule them all.  Even if we do accept other alt coins for different purposes for example micro payment,   there  will always be one coin at the top  that will be the gold standard in the  cryptocurrency world.  I  mean why not? 

There is now, I am talking about the future, 5+ years from today. I don't think there will be the gold standard coin at that time. There will be 10-20 top coins with 5-10% market cap each and hundreds of wannabes. Not one coin with more than 20% of market cap. I mean why yes?

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
haendehochueberfall

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 12:43:32 PM

But there is 1  coin to rule them all.  Even if we do accept other alt coins for different purposes for example micro payment,   there  will always be one coin at the top  that will be the gold standard in the  cryptocurrency world.  I  mean why not?  

There is now, I am talking about the future, 5+ years from today. I don't think there will be the gold standard coin at that time. There will be 10-20 top coins with 5-10% market cap each and hundreds of wannabes. Not one coin with more than 20% of market cap. I mean why yes?

There will be store of value coins (commodities) and currencies for circulation (a bit more inflation). Btc will remain a store of value for very, very long. Maybe it won't be used in daily commerce but it'll be first choice in value store... if the maximalists don't ruin it with hardforks and bigger blocks that is - in which case the future would be very uncertain.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:24:25 AM

The Pos-hype came and went, then the anon-hype came and went. A doge-hype there was (1000 clones) Now it's the smart-contract-hype and it will go away like the others too. Then there will be a hype on something else and so on. But the coins that stay for the years during all that und keep exisitng while other formally high valued coins die off, thse are the real goldmines; the humble and resilient ones.

Proof of Stake is not Hype, it is the Future. Smiley

1. It does not require ASICS, meaning the end to always having to buy new ASICS.
(Which will always Centralize the coin to the Already Rich.)
Other PoW coins besides BTC, LTC, & Doge will not be worth the electricity to keep running and will die out.

2. PoS will not Waste Electricity like PoW coins.

3. Anyone that buys a PoS coin can make more.

4. It has an intrinsic value since it is its own miner.

Proof of Stake is the only way to make money in the long run , buying Sterile BTC or Tokens that can not make more of themselves is Pure Speculation.

Example: It is like a farmer buying a herd of cattle that are sterile. He only makes money if the market is higher when he has to sell, if the market is down when he has to sell , he just wasted his Time & Money, where if he buys a herd of cattle that can produce Offspring, he is able to keep his original amount of cattle and sell off any excess , therefore giving him a
Lifetime of Revenue verses a One-time Completely Speculative Time Sensitive Investment

Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: