Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:35:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-06-28]New Chinese Civil Law Draft Classifies Bitcoin as Property  (Read 398 times)
BTCBinary (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:29:52 PM

New Chinese Civil Law Draft Classifies Bitcoin as Property

China may soon have a set of laws offering legal status to Bitcoin and other digital currencies in the country. The laws offering rights to virtual property and data is part of the recently released draft of the People’s Republic of China General Principles of Civil Law...

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/06/28/new-chinese-civil-law-draft-classifies-bitcoin-property/
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:32:27 PM

Interesting development.  I wonder if the US will change its policy as currently the IRS considers it a commodity.  The Chinese have it right in my opinion because classifying it as a property grants the usual civil protections of property:

"If implemented into the statute, the new draft will automatically consider bitcoin and other digital currency holdings as private property, making the owner eligible for legal protection against fraud and theft."

I love Bitcoin
DAOstock

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 04:41:11 PM

They finally realized that funneling money out of the country =)

daostock.com/
telegram.me/DAOstock
follow my news channel and may the force be with you!
indiemax

Activity: 722

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:52:29 PM

Great to see the Chinese government are realising if you can't beat em ,regulate and legitamise it,very encouraging Smiley
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:10:22 PM

I can't see any explicit mention of crypto anywhere. For all we know it may end covering magic underpants in some online game and nothing else.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: