Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC = 100.000 to 1 million is a possibility in 2035  (Read 7565 times)
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:15:48 PM

As we see, halvings make the price go up and then the price stabilizes in a higher floor, and we haven't even seen the real party yet.

So by the time we are at about 2035-2040, the mining reward will be so small that 1 unit will have to be valued by A LOT of purchasing power.

Considering that only 21 million people can own 21 BTC, those holding 21 BTC WILL have to be rich.

And also considering the ongoing crisis all over the planet with fiat currencies, and seeing how we have big names now proposing to go back to gold standard, BTC will be the digital gold.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-27/greenspan-warns-crisis-imminent-he-urges-return-gold-standard

All the variables for an huge price in the long term are there. All the ingredients to make BTC a supper asset valued in 6 to 7 figures just like BRK.A is nowadays, is there.

In other words, be sure to be holding a decent amount for the very long term and don't lose it by trying to be a smartass trying to play the markets, only trade with small % of your BTC holdings.

Hold long term to win.
Darwin02

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:47:25 AM

Yeah I thinks also it is possible if there many investor holding their coin if many investor trusted bitcoin as a new currency world wide, I don't see any reason it won't happen in 2035. But it's only expeculation for now.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 12:45:57 PM

you are thinking too high. yes it is possible that bitcoin may rise or it is also possible that it may not. depends upon users obviously how they treat this currency.
trickshot22

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:18:24 PM

you are thinking too high. yes it is possible that bitcoin may rise or it is also possible that it may not. depends upon users obviously how they treat this currency.
well yeah by that time the bitcoin price will be huge in my opinion, so we dont need to worry about the price being too low for miners, though i doubt that bitcoin will be at 1 million each as then a third of all the money should be replaces with bitcoins

also i think that miners will get a lot of bitcoins from the fees thus they will not need that much bitcoins to be mined thus all the problems will be solved and bitcoin wil be at much lower price than 1 million
yhansky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:29:17 PM

Wow!! That was huge.. and if that happens ,i will teach my wife and my kids and soon to be  kids,to start earning bitcoin cause it will take us to a better living..i will teach them in the year 2020  while we are re waiting for that price.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:49:42 PM

Users don't matter as much as some people think. People with deep pockets are the ones that will raise the price to the moon, not a lot of users that own some satoshis each. We just need whales to start moving their portfolios to BTC to quickly jump to 10k per coin.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 01:53:44 PM

this has been discussed before.
and i think to reach there there is a big obstacle and that is adoption which even if mass adoption happens and a lot of people use bitcoin i don't think it can reach 100000

--looking for signature--
celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:58:18 PM

Well It is very possible that it will happen. I think that there will be many factors that will help in bitcoin reaching that price in the future. Only time will tell what will really happen.
no one can predict what will happen in 2035 , but to achieve it highly improbable 100,000 Grin

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:11:36 PM

this has been discussed before.
and i think to reach there there is a big obstacle and that is adoption which even if mass adoption happens and a lot of people use bitcoin i don't think it can reach 100000

We will eventually reach mass adoption but we will first have big whales coming in which will push price to 10000. Again I don't see why people is obsessed with mass adoption, it is not even needed to reach a big price. Mass adoption will come later because people are too dumb to use Bitcoin for now.
jerk

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:32:51 PM

Considering that only 21 million people can own 21 BTC, those holding 21 BTC WILL have to be rich.

21 million people can only own 1 BTC
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:41:07 PM

Halvings don't make the price go up. Correlation does not mean causation.

Last time the halving coincided with bitcoin being discovered by the mainstream press. And Cyprus happened when they confiscated people's savings in a bail-in for the banks.

There is no big news to bump up bitcoin this time. It's the opposite - Brexit is a victory for the people, it makes Britain safer as EU rules like confiscating people's savings no longer apply.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:25:18 PM

Last time the halving coincided with bitcoin being discovered by the mainstream press. And Cyprus happened when they confiscated people's savings in a bail-in for the banks.

There is no big news to bump up bitcoin this time. It's the opposite - Brexit is a victory for the people, it makes Britain safer as EU rules like confiscating people's savings no longer apply.

There are 2 kinds of pumps we have seen
- The halving which started around november and lasted till april
- China/Brexit which started a month ago.

Both events had a direct correlation as to why the bitcoin price went up, although the brexit event did not influence the price a lot.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:28:49 PM

~snipped~

I bet you have a dream last night and you just post it here. It's not wrong to believe much but to the point that you are taking into fantasy well you need more good sleep now.

There are 2 kinds of pumps we have seen
- The halving which started around november and lasted till april
- China/Brexit which started a month ago.

Both events had a direct correlation as to why the bitcoin price went up, although the brexit event did not influence the price a lot.

Woi woi hold on. Are you sure with the one you stated about halving is one of the reason of those pumps we have seen? Better go on more research. There's no way that halving can pump the price. I don't mind if you disagree.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:05:03 PM

In the end, speculation is just a speculation. Halving isn't the real reason why bitcoin price raising up.
Without mass adoption or at least billionaire who interested in bitcoin, there's no way bitcoin price could reach that high.
I know one billionaire "bill gates" i have heard that he have also invested in bitcoin and blockchain startups. You may be correct in some of your statement but i don't completely agree on you, halving could be really a reason for price pump in near future as it will limit the supply. While bitcoin adoption is now growing worldwide, so demand will never be going down from now on.

hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:39:26 PM

those reasons looks reasonable but i guess all things will not always work well because these only just speculate and we even still not facing block halving this year yet also we even still don't know what situations we will encounter after halving happen and i might expect too bitcoin reach to those amount but i think it's too early to talking this is possible or not
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:45:07 PM

In the end, speculation is just a speculation. Halving isn't the real reason why bitcoin price raising up.
Without mass adoption or at least billionaire who interested in bitcoin, there's no way bitcoin price could reach that high.
I know one billionaire "bill gates" i have heard that he have also invested in bitcoin and blockchain startups. You may be correct in some of your statement but i don't completely agree on you, halving could be really a reason for price pump in near future as it will limit the supply. While bitcoin adoption is now growing worldwide, so demand will never be going down from now on.

Disagree. Please look at the real facts. Halving only brought up the speculation but the main root of the price increase is the big whales and manipulators. Halving just brought up since it will approach now but no way it can bring up the price without the moves of big investors.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:10:57 PM

We will see what happens, no one can predict the future of the bitcoin, I honestly do not think this is gonna happen.
Its just too much in my eyes and in my eyes also very unrealistic..
JackDempsey

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:16:49 AM

We know that the price is never going to be that high it almost seems impossible so lets try and focus on the realistic things.
If it would happen then we still have to wait some years before it happened.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:22:51 AM

How can anyone make suppositions about price related to halvings when there's only been one so far?

Each one is going to take place under very different conditions. Look how much further along we are since 2012. By 2020 we'll be eating meals made from one pill and flying around in jet armchairs. Can't wait.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:39:57 AM

It's very unlikely but still possible.

People often forget that its price is measured by market cap. The currencies it's priced in are not.

A $100,000 valuation implies a market cap of $2 trillion more or less by then.

How much actual expenditure would that require? As a pure guess maybe 1/10th, possibly a lot less or a load more. I don't have a clue.

That's $200 billion of hard cash pouring in. That's not THAT much money when you take a whole world into account. Sustaining it is another matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: