Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2B+ lumens will be awarded to projects built on Stellar  (Read 635 times)
jed (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

Jed McCaleb

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 04:08:39 PM

2 Billion or more lumens to be awarded to people building out the stellar ecosystem.

To encourage creativity and development in the Stellar ecosystem, we’re announcing the Stellar Build Challenge.

Stellar.org will grant awards in the following four categories: Anchors, Applications, Exchanges, and First-Time Submissions. We’ll announce the first round of winners on October 1, 2016.

Build Challenge awards will be funded by unclaimed lumens from the bitcoin-lumen program. This pilot challenge is simple by design: it’s an experiment to find ways to develop services that are fair, affordable, and community-driven, and at the same time drive uptake of the Stellar network to maximize efficiency and reach. We plan to learn from it and offer similar programs in the future.

Read more: https://www.stellar.org/blog/build-challenge/

Look forward to seeing what people build!

stellar.org   |    twitter
enet

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:28:44 PM

what does "Allow fiat deposits/withdrawals via Stellar" mean?
jed (OP)

Jed McCaleb

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 04:38:49 PM

Stellar allows you to send and receive any type of currency. So it just means allowing people to deposit and withdrawal via Stellar in addition to whatever other deposit and withdrawal methods the exchange supports.

For example now on Kraken you can send a Sepa payment to deposit Euros. They could also accept Euros sent in via Stellar.

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:41:22 PM

Is stellar removed from Poloniex?

I looked but i cant find it anymore? When i click on Coinmarketcap on Stellar and then on Poloniex, then it only shows me NXT?  Huh
jed (OP)

Jed McCaleb

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 04:48:18 PM

No it is still there. They haven't updated the currency symbol so it says STR instead of XLM.

enet

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:57:40 PM

Stellar allows you to send and receive any type of currency. So it just means allowing people to deposit and withdrawal via Stellar in addition to whatever other deposit and withdrawal methods the exchange supports.

For example now on Kraken you can send a Sepa payment to deposit Euros. They could also accept Euros sent in via Stellar.

As an exchange operator I need banking connections to get a fiat backend. I don't know of any bank which supports Ripple/Stellar - only a few banks in the world deal with crypto at all. I guess I'll never understand this concept. To move fiat in the banking network one needs to be a bank.
jed (OP)

Jed McCaleb

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 05:11:13 PM

enet: yeah you will need some anchor https://www.stellar.org/learn/explainers/#Anchors_trust_and_credit that you use. Once an anchor is on Stellar you can send and receive that anchor's credit without being a bank yourself. There should be a few on the system in the next month.
Which exchange do you run?

egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:12:26 PM

Is stellar removed from Poloniex?

I looked but i cant find it anymore? When i click on Coinmarketcap on Stellar and then on Poloniex, then it only shows me NXT?  Huh

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_str

https://poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_str
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2016, 09:53:34 PM

2 Billion or more lumens to be awarded to people building out the stellar ecosystem.

To encourage creativity and development in the Stellar ecosystem, we’re announcing the Stellar Build Challenge.

Stellar.org will grant awards in the following four categories: Anchors, Applications, Exchanges, and First-Time Submissions. We’ll announce the first round of winners on October 1, 2016.

Build Challenge awards will be funded by unclaimed lumens from the bitcoin-lumen program. This pilot challenge is simple by design: it’s an experiment to find ways to develop services that are fair, affordable, and community-driven, and at the same time drive uptake of the Stellar network to maximize efficiency and reach. We plan to learn from it and offer similar programs in the future.

Read more: https://www.stellar.org/blog/build-challenge/

Look forward to seeing what people build!

Thanks for the notice. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: