Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:25:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I convert this PC into a gaming machine ?  (Read 364 times)
BitcoinSupremo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:39:00 PM

I don't know if this the right board to post it, but to me it looks like the most appropriate. I have found a very good offer in my country to buy a PC which I think it can be turned into a gaming system but need to ask here as in this forum I solve all of my btc and computer related problems.
So here is the deal:
HP 8300 Elite
Core i7 3770 (done testing at game-debate , plays latest game with more than 100% at ultra high settings)
8GB Ram (is good as a beginning)
It has ATI Radeon HD7450 (a really really bad video card)

It is exactly regarding the GPU, can I add to this small case the GPU I like ATI Radeon HD7970 (it plays witcher 3 at ultra max settings at 93% testing done at game-debate)

I want to be sure about this before I buy it , the offer is very good only 429 Euro for such a HP 8300 Elite slightly used (while only the core i7 processor if you see at ebay is almost at 300 USD ).

Let me know if this can be turned into a gaming machine by adding the 7970 video card.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BtcCrazy1

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 09:22:08 PM

You should be able to switch out the video card just depends if it fits in the case also you might need a better power supply. But should be no issue since the 7970 is about the same size depending on model.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:27:33 PM

I don't know if this the right board to post it, but to me it looks like the most appropriate. I have found a very good offer in my country to buy a PC which I think it can be turned into a gaming system but need to ask here as in this forum I solve all of my btc and computer related problems.
So here is the deal:
HP 8300 Elite
Core i7 3770 (done testing at game-debate , plays latest game with more than 100% at ultra high settings)

It is exactly regarding the GPU, can I add to this small case the GPU I like ATI Radeon HD7970 (it plays witcher 3 at ultra max settings at 93% testing done at game-debate)

I want to be sure about this before I buy it , the offer is very good only 429 Euro for such a HP 8300 Elite slightly used (while only the core i7 processor if you see at ebay is almost at 300 USD ).

Let me know if this can be turned into a gaming machine by adding the 7970 video card.

Isn't the 8000 elite and the 8300 SFF computers (Small form factor) which means they are tall but slim and may not hold a full length video card, you can try to see if you can find a video card that would fit inside (half sized) and you would need to change the mounting bracket on the gpu as well so it fits in the case.

the 8000, 8200, and the 8300 are the same size if I recall in the SFF versions, and do come with some decent quad core i7 CPU's if that was the config.

If you can actually get the video card in there and enough room for it to breathe then the cpu is fine and 8GB ram should be decent enough to start, I have seen some with 32GB RAM as its upgradable.

But check the specs on some of the higher end half sized GPUs first is my recommendation.

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
BitcoinSupremo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:56:21 AM

So here is the deal:
HP 8300 Elite

Isn't the 8000 elite and the 8300 SFF computers (Small form factor) which means they are tall but slim and may not hold a full length video card, you can try to see if you can find a video card that would fit inside (half sized) and you would need to change the mounting bracket on the gpu as well so it fits in the case.

the 8000, 8200, and the 8300 are the same size if I recall in the SFF versions, and do come with some decent quad core i7 CPU's if that was the config.

If you can actually get the video card in there and enough room for it to breathe then the cpu is fine and 8GB ram should be decent enough to start, I have seen some with 32GB RAM as its upgradable.

But check the specs on some of the higher end half sized GPUs first is my recommendation.

thanks!

Well thank you for the recommendations but actually the 7900 SFF is small form factor also the 8000 is small from  but 8300 Elite is a big tower, I have bought one for one of my colleagues in my work and it costed around 3.5 years ago about 1100 Euro without video card ,only with the graphics incorporated in i7 3770 which is an intel HD4000 series and only with 4 GB ram back then.

Let me rephrase my question as even one friend told me I need a better power supply, but is the 7970 with the same dimensions of 7450 as 7450 is a low profile gaming card (cannot do gaming at all) while 7970 was the fastest card around a few years ago ? Anyway doing a google search regarding dimensions of  7970 vs 7450.
tunth

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:15:34 PM

Hi, i like to ask you, do you have the hd7970 already, or are you going to buy 1?
Because if you going to buy, there are new cards on the market then you better look around for newer cards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: