Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: first video interview with lead shadow developer rhyno  (Read 1079 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 03:45:01 AM

How am i trying to shill anything i made a thread about rhynos first interview and you come here trolling my thread...but it's okay im a fair person im not going to censor your comments or pretend like shadow is perfect and so is it's dev team.
I relise shadow project isn't perfect, and we made some errors in the past like the bug and yeah we have some hot heads among us, including myself at times, yeah we human, yeah we tired of getting attacked, yeah we over re-act quickly, yeah we hated here on this forum, yeah we wish we weren't.
But at least we tried to develop a fair and truly open source project, we can honestly say we never ripped anyone off, or scammed anyone, so im ok with that our dignity is intact, there are some really really great people in the shadow community including RHYNO!! who is a top bloke, i know him well and he is considered a friend... You should stop painting the whole community with same brush because of a few bad apples, who for your information, dumped shadow and left when they development wasn't going as quickly as they wanted to make money.

OK, Fair enough. I have been quite disillusioned by the uglier side for awhile now and have lost patience with mankind in general. I'm not even sure what got me riled in the first place. My apologies. Good luck.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dadon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2016, 03:48:57 AM

How am i trying to shill anything i made a thread about rhynos first interview and you come here trolling my thread...but it's okay im a fair person im not going to censor your comments or pretend like shadow is perfect and so is it's dev team.
I relise shadow project isn't perfect, and we made some errors in the past like the bug and yeah we have some hot heads among us, including myself at times, yeah we human, yeah we tired of getting attacked, yeah we over re-act quickly, yeah we hated here on this forum, yeah we wish we weren't.
But at least we tried to develop a fair and truly open source project, we can honestly say we never ripped anyone off, or scammed anyone, so im ok with that our dignity is intact, there are some really really great people in the shadow community including RHYNO!! who is a top bloke, i know him well and he is considered a friend... You should stop painting the whole community with same brush because of a few bad apples, who for your information, dumped shadow and left when they development wasn't going as quickly as they wanted to make money.

OK, Fair enough. I have been quite disillusioned by the uglier side for awhile now and have lost patience with mankind in general. I'm not even sure what got me riled in the first place. My apologies. Good luck.
You too bro
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 04:31:38 AM

...From what i understand Shen found an exploit and then went looking for code bases that could be exploited.  This i think is how most bugs are found in software.  Getting a cryptographer to give the code a seal of approval is no guarantee of perfection and they are not silly enough to do that.

When you support a project you should do your diligence, apparently you haven't gone and researched the coin your supporting (or your spinning). Go research the exact circumstances and you will understand. Your "understanding" is incorrect. Shen did not find an exploit and then go looking for a coin to use it on as SHADOW is the ONLY coin it would work on!

Shadow was given a gift for a small bug bounty in private and you attacked one of the best cryptographers we have out of ignorance and hubris. And you want people to trust your project with their money?

AND Shen DE-Anonimized YOUR ENTIRE BLOCKCHAIN Losers.

Wrong.  Shen found an exploit, and then when looking for code bases to use it on.  Maybe you should do some due diligence before accusing others. 

I haven't attacked Shen and in fact I have thanked him publicly on this forum for his help.  I know some members of the community were not happy about the way it was handled by him writing a public blog rather than informing the devs before he made the exploit public.

Here we have an interview with a legit dev and instead of people recognizing him on his work and on him on coming forward, the project gets attacked as per usual around here. 
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 05:11:59 PM

...From what i understand Shen found an exploit and then went looking for code bases that could be exploited.  This i think is how most bugs are found in software.  Getting a cryptographer to give the code a seal of approval is no guarantee of perfection and they are not silly enough to do that.

When you support a project you should do your diligence, apparently you haven't gone and researched the coin your supporting (or your spinning). Go research the exact circumstances and you will understand. Your "understanding" is incorrect. Shen did not find an exploit and then go looking for a coin to use it on as SHADOW is the ONLY coin it would work on!

Shadow was given a gift for a small bug bounty in private and you attacked one of the best cryptographers we have out of ignorance and hubris. And you want people to trust your project with their money?

Wrong.  Shen found an exploit, and then when looking for code bases to use it on.  Maybe you should do some due diligence before accusing others. 

I haven't attacked Shen and in fact I have thanked him publicly on this forum for his help.  I know some members of the community were not happy about the way it was handled by him writing a public blog rather than informing the devs before he made the exploit public.

Here we have an interview with a legit dev and instead of people recognizing him on his work and on him on coming forward, the project gets attacked as per usual around here. 

Boy, I was just going to let this die but there you go re-writing history Idiot. Shen did contact privately and was rebuffed ignored and then called a lair. I did my Diligence when I was going to get involved but IIRC the scammy premine kept me away. LOL@ the legit Dev comment, you wouldn't know a true dev if one showed up on your door, Oh wait one did! not only a Dev but a Mathematical Scientist. It's retards like you that get my Ire up.

Now I remember why I am in this thread. Keep trying to rewrite history and I will continue to call you out on it.

Dadon I recommend getting your fool here to keep his cakehole shut. BTW where is that tard Child harod?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:06:24 AM

Boy, I was just going to let this die but there you go re-writing history Idiot. Shen did contact privately and was rebuffed ignored and then called a lair. I did my Diligence when I was going to get involved but IIRC the scammy premine kept me away. LOL@ the legit Dev comment, you wouldn't know a true dev if one showed up on your door, Oh wait one did! not only a Dev but a Mathematical Scientist. It's retards like you that get my Ire up.

Now I remember why I am in this thread. Keep trying to rewrite history and I will continue to call you out on it.

Dadon I recommend getting your fool here to keep his cakehole shut. BTW where is that tard Child harod?

You have no idea what your talking about, all you have are insults towards me and now ryno.  Shen found an exploit, and then when looking for code bases to use it on.  Are you trying to rewrite history?  Shadow wasn't the only coin that had this vulnerability but it obviously got the most attention from you guys.

I have tried being polite and all you have is insults but I guess that is the typical behavior of a Monero supporter around here and unless you can write a sentence without being abusive then I wont bother to reply. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: