Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are we in a Bitcoin collapse or correction?  (Voting closed: July 01, 2011, 10:42:54 PM)
collapse - 11 (13.8%)
correction - 54 (67.5%)
other - 15 (18.8%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Collapse or correction?  (Read 1965 times)
imperi (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:42:54 PM

I think it is a correction. It still fits the general trend of the curve, going back this month and further.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

Your Minion

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:45:43 PM

Correction for sure. Market got played hard.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
MrCrabs

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:47:33 PM

Time to go all in. Me thinks..
bitcoinconnection

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:48:32 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2011, 07:13:23 PM by bitcoinconnection

It is hard to say. It all depends on the big money and if they are scare.
Otherwise, it is time to buy.

Lookie Here 1MXgbEABic6Up7e3SzHrmkdQTTSRpuUAxY

Get 10% discount for Life and up to 5% for referral
BitcoinConnection.com for the latest news on Bitcoins
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:55:47 PM

its always time to buy, unless bitcoin is going to vanish tomorrow, it is just going to keep climbing in worth, plus on the fluctuations you can acquire more wealth buying low selling high.

ZOMG Moo!
MissKara

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:04:47 PM

its always time to buy, unless bitcoin is going to vanish tomorrow, it is just going to keep climbing in worth, plus on the fluctuations you can acquire more wealth buying low selling high.

exactly... not to worried about btc going away. I look at it like a game.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 01:05:04 PM

IMO this is just a little dip, people got scared it was growing too fast and got afraid it couldn't hold so they started selling en masse, kinda a self-fulfilling prophecy. I wouldn't be surprised at all if by the end of the next month we're above the last peak.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
ZEB-DEMON

Activity: 238

: ( ) { : | : & } ; :

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 01:07:11 PM

just the afraid sheeps by some USA senator sold.. now rebuying.. too soon to stabilize..

..Stand Up & Shake the Heavens..

DONATE: 1NxVkcHquN8SdVNVabeaJmNvEPNcomu5gG
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 01:43:02 PM

I think we will see the price go up and down a few more times, each time getting less severe.

This is due to people buy it up when it crashes and selling it when it gets high.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 03:25:57 PM

My guess is a needed correction. However...
I'm not one for wild conspiracies, and this weekend could just be what an unregulated market looks like, but some part of me wonders if this was an operation. First trolls show up and claim the sky is falling at about the same time a few sells at weirdly low prices happen. The bottom falls out and we are in the $10 range. Then a tweet from LulzSec says buy now from the panicked "morons" and some step in and buy up coins at bargain prices. The trolls disappear and the price shoots back up.

Tinfoil hat or plausible?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 03:33:14 PM

I'm not one for wild conspiracies, and this weekend could just be what an unregulated market looks like, but some part of me wonders if this was an operation. First trolls show up and claim the sky is falling at about the same time a few sells at weirdly low prices happen. The bottom falls out and we are in the $10 range. Then a tweet from LulzSec says buy now from the panicked "morons" and some step in and buy up coins at bargain prices. The trolls disappear and the price shoots back up.

We definitely need more information, but I agree that it was a very unusual combination of events.  Though, maybe you're right, and this is just what it is to have an unregulated market where people are free to scream, create fear, and buy and sell as much or as little as they want whenever they want.   Undecided

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 03:46:59 PM

I think you're quite right. Vladimir was posting about such things months ago. Someone is laughing at all this and how easy it was to take Bitcoins away from these kids. Now, that we've seen how easy it is to manipulate the market and scare them, it will be happening again and more often
skysurfer808

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 04:43:45 PM

I see a correction, as demand and fresh dwolla accounts taper off a bit.  The real smart money has bought on the dip.

As far as kids, I tend to agree that there is lots of idealism coupled with scared money.  More experienced investors have seen this before, and are taking advantage of these facts.

At any rate I'm in for the long haul, even though my friends called asking me if I were planning on selling when the market dipped.

Skysurfer808
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: