Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2018, 05:33:06 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Seed Problem  (Read 340 times)
HellENE

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:03:39 PM

Hello guys,

I generated a new wallet this morning, wrote down the seed, entered the seed to confirm it, set the password and got access to my new wallet.
Now I wanted to move it to another machine, but my seed is not accepted (the Next button stays greyed out).

I'm a bit of a messy writer so to say, so I'm a bit confused about one word in my seed, maybe it's not what I think it is (I must be entering it incorrectly, I don't think something else is wrong). Tried with a few options but I can't get it right. I'm also not a native english speaker.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a word that starts with 's' and ends with 'ing', as far as I can tell the second letter should be either 'e', 'a' or 'u' and there are 3 (maximum 4) letters before -ing, including starting letter 's'. Tried saving, sewing, saying, seeing.
As I understand, the dictionary (from which the seeds are created) uses around 2048 words, so maybe some of you know some s starting words that are used in seed creation.

I can provide a picture, but I don't think that would be all so relevant.

Can anybody help me here Sad ?

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:21:02 PM

https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/blob/master/lib/wordlist/english.txt < is this the words list?

spring or sibling are the only 6+ letter words I found that starts with an 's' and ends with 'ing'.

"You cannot now believe that you will ever feel better. But this is not true. You are sure to be happy again. Knowing this, truly believing it will make you less miserable now."
- Abraham Lincoln #GettingOverIt
HellENE

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:31:45 PM

https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/blob/master/lib/wordlist/english.txt < is this the words list?

spring or sibling are the only 6+ letter words I found that starts with an 's' and ends with 'ing'.

Thanks for that wordlist, I found mine, it was swing actually xD.

I'm never gonna store these by hand, learnt my lesson I guess.

Thank you again.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

hee-ho.

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:41:35 PM

Thanks for that wordlist, I found mine, it was swing actually xD.

I'm never gonna store these by hand, learnt my lesson I guess.

Thank you again.

you're welcome. guess that is the wordlist, then.  Tongue

"You cannot now believe that you will ever feel better. But this is not true. You are sure to be happy again. Knowing this, truly believing it will make you less miserable now."
- Abraham Lincoln #GettingOverIt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.