Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:10:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use multiple Bitcoin Wallets to store your Bitcoins?  (Read 10893 times)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 03:34:26 PM

Most users prefer using more than one wallet, based upon the different usage people prefer the one which is convenient in terms of accessibility as well user interface.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 03:52:48 PM

I personally have my coins spread across a few wallets, but nothing too major overall. I have it spread across something like two wallets in total, and I just have copies of those wallets in place to make sure that they're secure.

It would probably be a good idea for me to spread it apart more, but that's something I'll have to do eventually.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 04:41:44 PM

I'm only using one bitcoin wallet per account that I have own here. I think using too much bitcoin wallet accounts might just ended up you to forget the other bitcoin wallets passwords, just my opinion. Your bitcoin will ended up for nothing if that happens but I think it has some recovery key for you to change your password again if you forgot the first one. And using the same bitcoin wallet with many bitcoin accounts here will just put yourself into trouble because you might get banned and your account will be wasted.
takingthis4

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 04:59:51 PM

Not multiple wallet, but multiple addresses created by bitaddress.org. All addresses are stored as paper wallet.
the same for me, in this way i manage to save up my money in a safer way so i dont lose it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
th3nolo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:50:17 PM

I use several wallets because in the worst case I dont wanna lose all my funds, some are onnline and some are hardware wallets.
If you know anything about the history of bitcoin sometimes some sites close for no reason and therefore part of your funds if not all.

▄██▄
   ▄██▄      ▀█▀▀     ▄██▄
   ▀██▀▄  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▐███▀
       ███████████████
      ████████▀▄▄▄▀████
 ▄▄  ▐███▀▄▀██▄▀▀▀▄█████  ▄▄
████▀█████▄███▀▀█████ ██▀████
 ▀▀  ▐███▄███ ██ ████ █▌  ▀▀
      ▀████▄██▄▄███▀▄█▀
    ▄▄ █▀██████▀▄▄▄█▀█ ▄▄
   ████▀   ▀▀▀█▀▀▀   ▐████
    ▀▀       ▄██▄      ▀▀
             ▀██▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩             ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █▄
 █           ▀▀▀  █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄
█ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀█ █
█ █ █       █    █ ▄
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    █ █
█ █ ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄ █ █
█ █ █   █  ██  █ █ █
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ █ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩       ▄████▄  ▄████▄
      ████████████████
      ████████████████
       ██████████████
        ▀██████████▀
██        ▀██████▀        ██
██▌   ▄            ▄   ▐██
███  ███▄          ▄███  ███
▀███▄ ▀███▄      ▄███▀ ▄███▀
  ▀████████      ████████▀
     ▀████▀      ▀████▀
     ▄   ▄▄      ▄▄   ▄
     ▀█████      █████▀
anaderwan

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:41:13 PM

Yes I am using multiple wallet by both meanings, i.e more than one wallet in a single PC wallet "Electrum" and both electrum and multibit together, I find this easier to regulate rather than running one and having sending and receiving mixed, I don't know if it's more secure since your keys would be compromised if your PC is hacked etc...
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:53:58 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you keep all your bitcoins in one wallet, or do you use multiple providers/accounts?

I am currently using 3 different wallets, it kinda feels safer not to store everything in once place...

Thoughts?

MC  Smiley
I do make use of multiple wallets because it is allot more save if you have more then just one. If you somehow lose that one wallet where you have stored all your Bitcoin, then you are screwed.
Have multiple ones so that you can guarantee that you are somewhat save.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:42:29 AM

Yes ofcourse.For my vew storing in different wallets online is better.So if one of your account been stolen you will not lose all your bitcoins and still goung to have some spare to recover.
Well I don't think that it is safe to have many online wallets. If the website gets hacked then you are kind of screwed. Unless you use Blockchain.info. I recommend using a software or hardware wallet for more secure storage.
UnknownEye

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:47:32 AM

I use several wallets because in the worst case I dont wanna lose all my funds, some are onnline and some are hardware wallets.
If you know anything about the history of bitcoin sometimes some sites close for no reason and therefore part of your funds if not all.

Ya just like you said,actually i really like to save my bitcoin at only wallet.This is because i get many advantage from online wallet.But after the incident that the bitcoin was stealing from online wallet,i feel scare to save all my bitcoin at online wallet.For now,i save a few at hot wallet and a few at blockchain wallet.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:30:39 AM

Yes ofcourse.For my vew storing in different wallets online is better.So if one of your account been stolen you will not lose all your bitcoins and still goung to have some spare to recover.
Well I don't think that it is safe to have many online wallets. If the website gets hacked then you are kind of screwed. Unless you use Blockchain.info. I recommend using a software or hardware wallet for more secure storage.
Yes, online wallets are not for long term and with big amount of bitcoins. The best use of an online wallets must be when we are using it as hot wallets for daily expenses, for an example.

You are mentioning about blockchain.info as an exceptional online wallet, is only valid when the user backing up his private-keys properly. Because I do see many people are not aware of exporting private-Keys and backing up.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:37:51 AM

Yes, online wallets are not for long term and with big amount of bitcoins. The best use of an online wallets must be when we are using it as hot wallets for daily expenses, for an example.

You are mentioning about blockchain.info as an exceptional online wallet, is only valid when the user backing up his private-keys properly. Because I do see many people are not aware of exporting private-Keys and backing up.

For daily expenses it's better to use a light weight wallet for people not willing to use a client such as core that downloads the entire blockchain. That's much better than using online wallets. You'll be in control of all your coins, which isn't the case when you use online wallets.
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:46:42 AM

I have two wallets.

A blockchain wallet for my every day use. and then a paper wallet for my savings. The paper wallet is printed and saved in a vault. It contains all my bitcoins, whereas the blockchain wallet only contains enough to go by.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:21:29 AM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you keep all your bitcoins in one wallet, or do you use multiple providers/accounts?

I am currently using 3 different wallets, it kinda feels safer not to store everything in once place...

Thoughts?

MC  Smiley
yeah it is better to more wallets because it is allot saver encase you lose one wallet you still have the other once.
If you store every Bitcoin in on wallet and you lose that wallets you also have lost all of your Bitcoin.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:27:30 AM

I have just two, but i don't use them for storing a lot of bitcoin as i dont have a large sum of bitcoin recently to store them in different wallets for safety, so i just use those wallets for daily transactions mostly for recharging my mobile or for exchanging them to fiat sometimes.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:39:13 AM

Yes ,It's a must for me it lessens the risk of losing all my bitcoins if got hacked or i forgot its password . I use 5 different wallets to store my bitcoins it is not big amounts but i surely use for my security purposes .Also it will be worth it that i have 5 multiwallets i am hoping that i will use it in the near future when i have many bitcoins to store .
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:41:31 AM

I have just two, but i don't use them for storing a lot of bitcoin as i dont have a large sum of bitcoin recently to store them in different wallets for safety, so i just use those wallets for daily transactions mostly for recharging my mobile or for exchanging them to fiat sometimes.
having more then one wallet makes sens, since you can reduce the risk of losing it all for whatever strange reason. but having to many is not helpful and makes you more work then it helps you.

croutonhexagon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:52:01 AM

I am poor fellow I have only 0.04 bitcoin in my wallet so i have happy with 1 wallet only. I think all his will help me to learn how to earn bitcoin. Now i am doing only trading and I had suffered 0.01 btc losses. So i am less interested in bitcoin.
aomakun

Activity: 1020
Merit: 253

JangaCams.com

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 02:24:32 PM

I use MultiBit HD and that seems to use a lot of different wallets for incoming and outcoming transactions. So, a collection of wallets.

I think that is a pretty cool feature.
use a lot wallet will multiply the fee would you spend .. and it was very detrimental to us ..

█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████  ████
████████████████████▀▀  ▀████
███████████████▀▀   ▄▄███████
███▀  ▀██████     ▐██████████
██     █████▌       ▀████████
██      ▀▀███    ▐█▄  ▀██████
██               ▐███▄▄  ▀███
██▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄     ▄███████ ▄  █
██████▄▄▄████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
FREE CHAT

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Adriandmen

Activity: 292
Merit: 251

Telegram: @Adriandmen

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 07:20:44 PM

I use MultiBit HD and that seems to use a lot of different wallets for incoming and outcoming transactions. So, a collection of wallets.

I think that is a pretty cool feature.
use a lot wallet will multiply the fee would you spend .. and it was very detrimental to us ..

Yes, sorry. I messed up my wording. It is a collection of addresses, not a collection of wallets Tongue.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 07:24:34 PM

Hey guys,

Thoughts?

MC  Smiley

I know what you mean,  i usually split my bitcoin over multiple paper wallets which are far more secure.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: