Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:29:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use multiple Bitcoin Wallets to store your Bitcoins?  (Read 10893 times)
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 02:28:17 PM

Yes i use xapo, mycelium, coinbase, and blockchain. It is to prevent losing them all in an instant. If you have big amount of bitcoin it is preferred to do it because thieves will get attracted to your wallet if they saw you have big amount in your wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:04:41 PM

I use only Electrum to store my bitcoin. I dont care about the security at all since I send only small amount to it. Whenever I got lucky and had the big one(0.1BTC considered as the big one for me) I will convert it to my local currency. Thats the best and safest method for me to avoid something bad with my bitcoin!

Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:24:36 PM

I have only trusted blockchain.info till now , have used xapo before but left it after seeing lots of issue people got after holding high amount of bitcoin regarding their KYC policy. But i know it is not safe to store all bitcoin in any wallet however i don't trade much bitcoin and for cold storage i am using paper wallets.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:42:57 PM

I have only trusted blockchain.info till now , have used xapo before but left it after seeing lots of issue people got after holding high amount of bitcoin regarding their KYC policy. But i know it is not safe to store all bitcoin in any wallet however i don't trade much bitcoin and for cold storage i am using paper wallets.

I'm using blockchain.info and Xapo too, but never experienced any problems with Xapo as i use that for any small transactions like mobile recharges or any other small transactions, i actually dont have too much bitcoins so i dont really need a lot of wallets to split them in parts.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:55:57 PM

A very simple rule you follow in Financial world needs to be followed here.

As you do not make all investment in one basket and diversify your portfolio same rule apply here as well so having multiple wallets.
arancra

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 05:56:32 PM

I use multiple wallets too. In pc multibithd, on mobile coinbase and xapo. I know that none of the wallets secure 100%. So i divide the risk with using multiple wallets.

▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
                     ▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
                   ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▄▄ ▀▄

▄▀          ██  ██       ▀█▄ ▀▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████████▄▄███████▀███████████████▄ █████████ ███████████████
▄████████▀█████████████▀  █████    ▀██████   █████        █████
    █████  ▀██████████▀   █████    ▄█████▀   █████        █████
    █████    ██████████   ██████████████▄    █████        █████
    █████  ▄██████████▄   █████    ▀██████   █████        █████
    █████▄█████████████▄  █████    ▄██████   █████        █████
    ████████████▀▀███████▄███████████████▀ █████████      █████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀
                             ██  ██       ▄█▀ ▄▀
                       ▀▄▄             ▄▄▀▀ ▄▀
                          ▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
                                ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│

│█│
│█│
│█│
bitcoluck

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 07:01:53 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you keep all your bitcoins in one wallet, or do you use multiple providers/accounts?

I am currently using 3 different wallets, it kinda feels safer not to store everything in once place...

Thoughts?

MC  Smiley

right now I only using blockchain, I like blockchain since it provide simple and easy feature, and I know it's exchange services so not really safe but till now it's not bad for me.
Facilitator

Activity: 230

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:57:15 PM

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you keep all your bitcoins in one wallet, or do you use multiple providers/accounts?

I am currently using 3 different wallets, it kinda feels safer not to store everything in once place...

Thoughts?

MC  Smiley

right now I only using blockchain, I like blockchain since it provide simple and easy feature, and I know it's exchange services so not really safe but till now it's not bad for me.

The blockchain wallet is quite good so far. But it is still better to use your own wallet if you have good computer.

▐█▌
       █████
      ███████
     ████████▀
    ████████  █
   ████████ ▐███▌
  ████████ ▐█████▌
 ████████
  ████████ ▐█████▌
   ████████ ▐███▌
    ████████  █
     ████████▄
      ███████
       █████
        ▐█▌
EXTOKE
 ------ FEE FREE TRADING! ------
▐█▌

▐█▌
  FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE!

▐█▌

▐█▌

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██            ▄▄▄   ██▄
▄██   █▄       █████▄▀ ██▄
██    ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀   ██
██     ██████████████   ██
██      █████████████   ██
██       ▀██████████    ██
▀██      ▄████████▀    ██▀
 ▀██ ▄▄████████▀▀     ██▀
  ▀██▄              ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
  ▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄   ▀██▄
 ▄██       ▄█████     ██▄
▄██        ███         ██▄
██       ▄▄███▄▄        ██
██       ███████        ██
██         ███          ██
██         ███          ██
▀██        ███         ██▀
 ▀██       ███        ██▀
  ▀██▄     ███      ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀████████▀▀
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:00:31 PM

I do. I prefer using more because it's safer. If you're targeted by a hacker and you're lucky enough to get just one of them hacked, you would lose less money. For example, if you got $100, you can spare it in 10 wallets of $10 each and you'd have $90 left then.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 09:16:21 AM

I do. I prefer using more because it's safer. If you're targeted by a hacker and you're lucky enough to get just one of them hacked, you would lose less money. For example, if you got $100, you can spare it in 10 wallets of $10 each and you'd have $90 left then.
But the problem is what if the hacker has an access to your computer, then even if you have 100 bitcoin wallets, he would still be able to access all of them. You just gave him some more extra work but it didn't actually help you.

Another thing is that if you used the same password to these 10 bitcoin wallets, then finding the password of one of them will reveal all the 9 left. Having a different password for each of the 10 bitcoin wallets will be such a hassle. Imagine having to remember 10 combinations of alphanumeric keys, upper and lower case letters, and a symbol. You would most probably forget one or many of those 10.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:09:30 PM

Yes, I do and it is the wise thing to do. It is not suggested to hold all your bitcoin in a single wallet. You need to have a secret account which you will never disclose to any public forum.

Another account you can keep for trading earnings which will be linked with the trading account. You can have one more account to receive earnings from signature campaign. Once these account will have some good amount, then you can transfer it to your secret account to store it safely. Diversification is always good.

MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:15:44 PM

Hey guys,

Thoughts?

MC  Smiley
Sometimes i keep my bitcoins from another accounts or from another bitcoin wallets just the reason of i don't want to be locked my bitcoin wallet because if they caught you sending your bitcoin into gambling website or receiving bitcoin gambling website our wallet will be locked.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
jukka

Activity: 259

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:18:59 PM

i use one wallet with multiple addresses.
edbitko

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:24:59 PM

Yes i do use multiple bitcoin wallets
ImnotOctopus

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:27:48 PM

I use different wallet so if one got hacked, not all my bitcoin will be lost, like they say dont put your eggs in one basket.

Its for safety of my bitcoin too.
requester

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 04:46:09 PM

nope i use only one wallet to store my bitcoin because I have only few amount of bitcoin that if i store my bitcoin in 4 5 wallets then then each wallet will have pony 2 3 dollar. and i am not so rich that I could use multiple wallets to store huge amount of money.
ashiqdey

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 05:12:08 PM

I am still so poor that I can't afford to store my bitcoin in separate bitcoin because to switch from account to account of various wallets. I am happy and i feel secure with one wallet only that is of blockchain.
Shady

Activity: 294

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:52:59 PM

I chose Xapo a few years ago and don't regret it because of the additional features released over time.

Once Bitcoin goes up a bit more and remains stable it'll lead me to getting a debit card so I can travel abroad without fear of conversion fees.

In all honesty there's a lot to learn when using many wallets that may take time, but for those afraid of managing it all then 1 good web wallet will outperform all expectations.

People fear that Xapo doesn't provide the keys to each coin, despite this they provide security + full ownership to make up for it.

Mark02

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 07:38:26 PM

I am still so poor that I can't afford to store my bitcoin in separate bitcoin because to switch from account to account of various wallets. I am happy and i feel secure with one wallet only that is of blockchain.

Same here Smiley I don't have that much bitcoin to store so I am only using one wallet and that is Coins.ph. Sadly, I have a limit on how much my transaction will cost since I cannot verify my Identity because I am still a minor and I don't have their required ID's for that. So, I am now earning and soon I will reach the quota for these wallet and I am planning to store the excess bitcoin in a separate wallet like Blockchain.io. I choose that because they are likely the same. In terms of security and other features Smiley
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 08:22:50 PM

I'm using multiple wallet too, I think it safer than just one where you can put apart your bitcoin.
moreover, there are several options wallet available for that has it own advantages. I'm not a wallet expert, just using two of them like blockchain and xapo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: