Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:37:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHICH COIN HAS THE LOWEST ANNUAL CREATION INFLATION ?  (Read 1758 times)
useless eater (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 09:56:34 PM

I'm looking on Coinmarketcap 100 website, but I do not see the field for "annual coin creation inflation" for comparison.

Can anybody point me to a website that offers a comparison for this most critical coin aspect?

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 10:51:12 PM

Most proof of stake coins have no inflation and token stuff too. that goes for nxt, xem, waves and a few others up there.

the quickest way to tell is by looking at the available supply statistic on coinmarketcap. if it's a round number then it's pretty safe to assume there's no inflation. the mined stuff will have a constantly changing number.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:46:15 AM

POW - proof of work.
UNO will soon produce less than 2 coins per day.  Even less later.
Has one of the strongest networks in terms of hash (more hash than LTC).

Most proof of stake coins have inflation.
How else is the network maintained?

Yes strange.  Like a dirty little secret, none wish to discuss.
There seems to be no coin compare website that does detailed inflation charts/facts.

Again UNO will produce about 1000 coins (what BTC does in a day) ... over the next 10 years.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:20:27 AM

POW - proof of work.
UNO will soon produce less than 2 coins per day.  Even less later.
Has one of the strongest networks in terms of hash (more hash than LTC).

Most proof of stake coins have inflation.
How else is the network maintained?

Yes strange.  Like a dirty little secret, none wish to discuss.
There seems to be no coin compare website that does detailed inflation charts/facts.

Again UNO will produce about 1000 coins (what BTC does in a day) ... over the next 10 years.

That's because Bryce Weiner mined all of the UNO in the first year and now there's nothing left to be emitted on super fast emission curve - front-load emission and mine the shit out of it, then once 99% of coins are mined switch it to merge mining. It's also disingenuous to say that the hashrate is stronger than LTC when UNO uses sha256, which is ~1000x faster than scrypt, which LTC uses. So UNO has a hashrate of ~50 Th/s and LTC has a hashrate of 1 Th/s, if you factor in the 1000x more difficult algo of scrypt versus sha256, then LTC is actually 20x more secure than UNO in terms of hashrate.

On another note, there's plenty of PoS coins without any inflation. See NXT, NEM, QORA, etc.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6216

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 02:44:35 PM

If I understand this text well then Freicoin will have negative inflation at some point and would be the clear winner in this contest.

But: Freicoin has a demurrage fee, so if you hold coins you lose 5% of your holdings every year. So it may not be what a long-term-hodler is searching for.

And: No, it's not the PoS algorithm that makes NXT, NEM and other similar coins reach "zero" supply growth or inflation. It is the concept that full nodes in these currencies earn only transaction fees. In other words, the "NXT coin family" is already testing what Bitcoin will be in ~2140.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 04:18:26 PM

Definitely the new SPOTS

balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:37:39 PM

I'm looking on Coinmarketcap 100 website, but I do not see the field for "annual coin creation inflation" for comparison.

Can anybody point me to a website that offers a comparison for this most critical coin aspect?

Thanks in advance.

-I0coin (no more blockreward)
-Ixcoin (no more blockreward)
-Unobtanium (micro-blockreward for next 300 years)

are the ones with the lowest creation inflation in all of crypto. I've been on the same path as you. A website that lists this metric would be nice - i don't know of any.
balu2

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:43:53 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 05:56:12 PM by balu2

That's because Bryce Weiner mined all of the UNO in the first year and now there's nothing left to be emitted on super fast emission curve - front-load emission and mine the shit out of it, then once 99% of coins are mined switch it to merge mining. It's also disingenuous to say that the hashrate is stronger than LTC when UNO uses sha256, which is ~1000x faster than scrypt, which LTC uses. So UNO has a hashrate of ~50 Th/s and LTC has a hashrate of 1 Th/s, if you factor in the 1000x more difficult algo of scrypt versus sha256, then LTC is actually 20x more secure than UNO in terms of hashrate.

On another note, there's plenty of PoS coins without any inflation. See NXT, NEM, QORA, etc.

Why complain? You could have mined it too (and probably did) - it's not like the network isn't public, is it?
Also price is still low so you can easily buy a good position. How else would you achive low inflation if not by frontloading the emission over 2 years like Uno did?
I think 2 years was more than enough time for everyone to mine some. I got no sympathy for people complaining like you do.

It's the best in low inflation crypto has to offer; there is no real competion to it. It has a commited community and everything else. Try to create something better and make it resilient like uno is, then come back and unload your critique. But as long as you got nothing better to offer, what are you even on about?

It's the best low-inflation-coin this industry was able to produce. That's reality.

POS can't compare to POW; and you know that.
Don't get me started about NEM or Qora .. or NXT, all of them ICO-coins and that's not the only problem they have.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:57:39 PM

I'm not complaining, just commenting that it's a piece of shit clone with no feature besides handing the majority of the distribution to a serial coin cloner.
balu2

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:13:33 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 09:34:59 PM by balu2

I'm not complaining, just commenting that it's a piece of shit clone with no feature besides handing the majority of the distribution to a serial coin cloner.

It's not even a clone and the majority of coins is not held by Bryce for all i know (biggest holders currently are people who bought it on the market for real money - and it will alway be that way because it can't be obtained any other way in quantity now - that's the whole point of it). Why not just say "i hate it because i hate the dev". That's way shorter.
Your accusation to distribution have zero foundation in reality. Can you back up your claims?

Pretty sure if Bryce was asked he would even tell you how much he holds. I'd guess a ton or two if any.
You're basically just a hater who likes to trashtalk.

Distribution of Uno is better than in most coins. Fact.  In particularly much better than in the coins you named. They are extremely monopolized. Anyone doing just a bit of research can find out easily.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:43:48 PM

It's a clone of bitcoin with nothing changed except the emission parameters. Why would someone want to use a bitcoin clone that offers nothing over bitcoin except emitting all the coins really fast so they're held by a relatively small amount of people? The market seems to agree with me, as the coin has a decent marketcap, ~$500k, but miserable volume, only about $700 in past 24 hours. So, to me it looks like early adopters/large holders propping up the price, but no one wants to join in and buy their "rare and valuable" clone shit.

I do like to trashtalk, but I wouldn't say I'm a hater, I don't care enough to hate, just like to troll a bit on shitcointalk Cheesy

Also, where are you getting,
Distribution of Uno is better than in most coins. Fact.
?

Someone around here once said, "Can you back up your claims?"
balu2

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:56:58 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 10:22:22 PM by balu2

It's a clone of bitcoin with nothing changed except the emission parameters. Why would someone want to use a bitcoin clone that offers nothing over bitcoin except emitting all the coins really fast so they're held by a relatively small amount of people? The market seems to agree with me, as the coin has a decent marketcap, ~$500k, but miserable volume, only about $700 in past 24 hours. So, to me it looks like early adopters/large holders propping up the price, but no one wants to join in and buy their "rare and valuable" clone shit.

I do like to trashtalk, but I wouldn't say I'm a hater, I don't care enough to hate, just like to troll a bit on shitcointalk Cheesy

Also, where are you getting,
Distribution of Uno is better than in most coins. Fact.
?

Someone around here once said, "Can you back up your claims?"

It's 3 minute blocks - btc is 10 minutes. You're shown to be wrong already from that fact alone.
You use a coin based on bitcoin code because it's easier to maintain and keeping it updated. Why would you make things more complicated than they have to be?
If you think it offers nothing over bitcoin, then just don't buy it. Why do you even care?

2 years emisson is 'really fast'? You're not even making any sense, sorry.

It's a commmodity and used mainly to store value. Low volume is quite normal for commodities like that as it's not transacted often (some wallets haven't moved in years - #3 didn't move 1 year; #7 didn't move for 2 years; #10 on richlist didn't move for 3 friggin years!) because again: commodity not currency but that's probably too much for you to wrap the head around as you don't seem to have any clue about what money actually is. You seem to think "features" are money  Cheesy
What "features" does your goldbar have? Yeah, that's a yelllow pet-rock too, that's just completely useless. People who think like that will always be broke.

If you look longterm charts the price is on the floor right now. It's not "propped up" at all right now.

Go to the blockexplorer and know #1 wallet is ex-cryptsy-coldstore currently with the receiver (should be auctioned off to the community within a year or two). The rest are individual holders. I have been with the community for quite some time and been watching movements on the blockchain on a daily basis - i do know what i'm talking about.
You've got 15 to 30 large investors and up to 200 medium investors and countless small ones. That's the deal with it.
Better than most coins, really.

But since you actually outed yourself already as a troll i think we're done here. Everyone should make their own research and come to own conclusions.

Here's the richlist: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/#!rich (cryptsy-labels are wrong - just ignore those)
Distribution is totally healthy compared to what most other coins have to offer around here.

not going to react to any more comments from jwinterm
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:40:20 PM

It's 3 minute blocks - btc is 10 minutes. You're shown to be wrong already from that fact alone.
You use a coin based on bitcoin code because it's easier to maintain and keeping it updated. Why would you make things more complicated than they have to be?
If you think it offers nothing over bitcoin, then just don't buy it. Why do you even care?
I would argue these are merely emission parameters - a block is targeted to be emitted once every three minutes rather than, regardless they are simply constants in the code. I already said I don't care, I just like to troll, but using a coin based on bitcoin doesn't mean you can't offer anything above or beyond bitcoin or that hasn't already been done. Namecoin offers name services, Huntercoin offers a human mineable game alongside traditional mining, Myriadcoin offers five algos allowing for people to mine with ASICS, GPUs, or CPUs, Dash (which I'm not a fan of) at least offers some features not available in other Bitcoin forks - built in coinjoin, masternodes, etc. If you fork and add features or technology, it's a coin based on Bitcoin; if you fork and change a couple constants, it's a shitcoin clone.

2 years emisson is 'really fast'? You're not even making any sense, sorry.
You guys don't even show the emission curve on your self-moderated ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
At least you guys make it into the questionable category not extreme caution here: http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#unobtanium
But still, I agree with the devtome author when he says "However, the coin does have a rather fast reduction of coins per block. The bitcointalk thread 141) states that the PoW subsidy halves every 102,000 blocks, which as you can see above, the coin generation went from 1 coin/block to .125/block in ~6 months."
Emitting like 80% of all coins in 6 months seems 'really fast', yes.

It's a commmodity and used mainly to store value. Low volume is quite normal for commodities like that as it's not transacted often (some wallets haven't moved in years - #3 didn't move 1 year; #7 didn't move for 2 years; #10 on richlist didn't move for 3 friggin years!) because again: commodity not currency but that's probably too much for you to wrap the head around as you don't seem to have any clue about what money actually is. You seem to think "features" are money  Cheesy
What "features" does your goldbar have? Yeah, that's a yelllow pet-rock too, that's just completely useless. People who think like that will always be broke.
That doesn't prove anything about distribution. If anything I would say that indicates that there were a few folks who mined the shit out of it in the first six months and are now sitting on a pile of coins that amounts a huge portion of the total coin distribution. Gold has the feature of limited supply and not being able to be cloned by any idiot who can change a few constants and launch a new coin every few months, unless you're friends with an alchemist or something.

If you look longterm charts the price is on the floor right now. It's not "propped up" at all right now.
Well, they're propping it up above zero  Tongue

Go to the blockexplorer and know #1 wallet is ex-cryptsy-coldstore currently with the receiver (should be auctioned off to the community within a year or two). The rest are individual holders. I have been with the community for quite some time and been watching movements on the blockchain on a daily basis - i do know what i'm talking about.
You've got 15 to 20 large investors and up to 200 medium investors and countless small ones. That's the deal with it.
Better than most coins, really.
So, basically, just trust you. OK then...

But since you actually outed yourself already as a troll i think we're done here. Everyone should make their own research and come to own conclusions.
Just because I'm trolling your favorite shitcoin doesn't mean it's not a shitcoin. I would suggest everyone to do some research at the devtome site linked above. That guy/those folks do a pretty good job at separating the cream from the crop, so to speak.
balu2

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:43:40 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 10:58:55 PM by balu2

emission curve is shown on the website unobtanium.uno

Mining was open to everyone at any time, launch was undisputed fair. Difficulty was high troughout.

Bitcoin code = secure code (not a clone at all actually, more a piece of art)

It's not a coin for everyone.

balu2

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:53:16 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 11:09:44 PM by balu2

It was probably too difficult to mine for you and now you're butthurt  Tongue

btw the thread is only selfmoderated so people like you don't vomit all over it. Deleted posts since creation is less than 20 - and those were completely undesireable posts like malware-links or pumping of other coins or whatnot.

Yeah, we've got a specific hater here, lol.
I think it speaks for Uno how weak your critique actually is since you seem to invest considerable energy in trashtalking it but still fail, lol
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:11:01 PM

*Posts two more posts reacting to jwinterm* Cheesy

Sorry for veering off topic, OP, can't resist trolling clone coin shitcoiners with super fast emission curves.

Another coin with really fast emission, and thus really low creation inflation is digitalnote (formerly darknote, formerly ducknote), which actually does offer some innovations over the coin it forked from (bytecoin), such as encrypted on and off blockchain messaging, as well as interest bearing deposits that are being worked into a proof-of-activity to supplement proof-of-work.
balu2

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:18:29 PM

Sorry for veering off topic, OP, can't resist trolling clone coin shitcoiners with super fast emission curves.

Another coin with really fast emission, and thus really low creation inflation is digitalnote (formerly darknote, formerly ducknote), which actually does offer some innovations over the coin it forked from (bytecoin), such as encrypted on and off blockchain messaging, as well as interest bearing deposits that are being worked into a proof-of-activity to supplement proof-of-work.

lol, "ducknote" - that was so low priced i could have bought 20% of it for a few hundred bucks. Someone else probably did just that.

Pahaha, what a crap you talk. lmao
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:42:36 PM

lol, "ducknote" - that was so low priced i could have bought 20% of it for a few hundred bucks. Someone else probably did just that.

Pahaha, what a crap you talk. lmao

Tbh I think the dev controlled the hashrate for first few months and now holds majority of coins, but it did have faster emission than the coin you're pushing, so it actually has lower inflation (the topic of this thread), and does actually offer some additional features over the coin it forked from, unlike the coin you're pushing. I wouldn't recommend buying it or mining, was just trying to nudge the thread back on topic.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:31:12 AM

trolling clone coin shitcoiners with super fast emission curves.

UNO 2 year very competitive and public mining phase on the most developed mining network ... Difficulty was high troughout.    Unlike say ... cryptonote tech which was novel, unknown and obscured to the general mining public. 

That's 'super fast emission curves' ... unlike say ... every POS coin under the sun that mines out in 10k blocks (@30sec) ... no that's a-okay.

Then ignore the pile of ICO ... we just premined it all group.  With devs that 'cash in' $millions ... cuz got to diversify before they realize dis shit is an untested beta version.

Wiener is a red herring.  And I don't think he owns much of any thing.  If he does then he has done well about not pumping and not dumping for 3 years.  But I am sure like some super villain he's just timing the market for the perfect moment.

Mean while LOWEST ANNUAL CREATION INFLATION ?
That is also know as cost to hold, or cost to preserve wealth.
Sometimes innovation comes with sticking to the classical model of money and working with the most reliable tech, UNO did that, what a shit clone Wink

ps UNO is directly trade able for a half dozen anon coins Wink 

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:46:38 AM

See NXT, NEM, QORA, etc.

super fast emission curves.

You recommend coins that all had their entire supply generated in the genesisblock but then dare to call Uno 'super fast emission'. This is inconsistent reasoning. You've got ulterior motives. gtfo
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: