Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we get some regulation in this forum?  (Read 3925 times)
clonedone (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:53:03 PM

Im tired of these stupid people with 1 post or 2 who say stuff like SELL SELL SELL or BITCOINS ARE GOING ILLEGAL
will sum1 please erase these posts if the user has less that 50 posts.
its either trolls or haters who wanna throw more panic into the bitcoin system and its annoying, its only slowing the bitcoin growth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sief

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:55:14 PM

That's quite ironic, because Bitcoin is supposed to be an unregulated currency.
klamathonsite

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 10:55:44 PM

No shit I agree dumb ass people.
clonedone (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:56:47 PM

its not ironic cus this forum is not a currency
i cant trade my posts for stuff
Sief

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:57:41 PM

Oh really? I was about to offer 1 BTC for this thread, but I guess I will take my business elsewhere now.
clonedone (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:59:11 PM

Oh really? I was about to offer 1 BTC for this thread, but I guess I will take my business elsewhere now.

trollers gunna troll?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:01:32 PM

...and your point is related to the OP how?

TradersEdgeDice

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 11:01:47 PM

I think decentralizing the entire concept of a bitcoin forum is the best way to go.

Why does everybody keeps descending here?

Grand central station?

Various forums can have their own rules.  Some will prefer the elitist cabal style of kuro5in, others will prefer the 'benevolent' elitism of slashdot, still others will prefer the inane nature of digg and facebook style interaction.

Simple machines forum default settings leave much to be desired.

Like what I posted?

Buy my Metal FX Currency Dice Set
http://tradersedgedice.com

Buyers using bitcoin get a deep discount.  Free worldwide shipping.

Web of Trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=TradersEdgeDice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

GPG Identity: http://bitcoin-otc.com/
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:06:19 PM

Hmm yes so not only do you want to stifle god given first amendment rights but you want to destroy the very principles bitcoin is built on (freedom from regulation by third parties). If anyone is really destroying both freedom and bitcoin here, it's you, facist.
itsagas

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:19:08 PM

agreed.  can we just get all these type of posts moved to meta, or better yet, ban them all and let them start their own "end of the world for bitcoin" forum.
onesalt

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:20:38 PM

agreed.  can we just get all these type of posts moved to meta, or better yet, ban them all and let them start their own "end of the world for bitcoin" forum.

Hmm what next, gonna suggest perhaps that the second amendment be removed or perhaps that everyone should be forced to pay for healthcare insurance they don't want? Just because you don't agree with whats being said doesn't mean it's not protected free speech you fucking nazi.
Sief

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:24:06 PM

First they came for the trolls, and I did not speak out because I wasn't a troll.

Then they came for somethingawful, and I did not speak out because I wasn't a goon.

Then they came for LulzSec, and I did not speak out because I wasn't an anon.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
LHutz

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:26:32 PM

Judging for the result of the self-evident trolling, yes, I think there should be some kind of regulation regarding "panic sell sell sell" and the like. Perhaps a new thread specifically for that kind of bullshit can be created. By doing so, there would be no violation of any free-speech rights, and idiotic-content-laking posts would be moved just for the sake of having a clean forum.
AllYourBase

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:26:48 PM

How about if the users of this forum bother you, you start an alternate forum?  I have no quarrel with these silly posters.
TradersEdgeDice

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 11:32:19 PM

bitcoin.org should run a technical forum and leave all other aspects of discussion to private sites.

It's not a bad idea.

I'd be extremely annoyed if the only place I could go to discuss the USD was the Federal Reserve website.  Or if the only place to discuss hardware modifications would be AMD.  That's completely nuts.

Instead, there's a market for discussion of money.  You'd hope the in the marketplace of ideas, more restrictive sites would get less readers.

Like what I posted?

Buy my Metal FX Currency Dice Set
http://tradersedgedice.com

Buyers using bitcoin get a deep discount.  Free worldwide shipping.

Web of Trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=TradersEdgeDice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

GPG Identity: http://bitcoin-otc.com/
clonedone (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:56:41 PM

thats actually not such a bad idea.

Hmm what next, gonna suggest perhaps that the second amendment be removed or perhaps that everyone should be forced to pay for healthcare insurance they don't want? Just because you don't agree with whats being said doesn't mean it's not protected free speech you fucking nazi.

LOL jeez you dont have to exaggerate so much its not like im asking u to stop breathing
why do angry people exaggerate like this, they immediately suggest people are asking them to die
onesalt

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:00:03 AM

LOL jeez you dont have to exaggerate so much its not like im asking u to stop breathing
why do angry people exaggerate like this, they immediately suggest people are asking them to die

Hmm could it be because idiots like you seem to think that the first amendment applies only when its something you agree with.  The founding fathers founded america on the principles of liberty and freedom for ALL, not just a subset of those with specific ideals. maybe you need to read up on your constitutional law?
clonedone (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:18:47 AM

Hmm could it be because idiots like you seem to think that the first amendment applies only when its something you agree with.  The founding fathers founded america on the principles of liberty and freedom for ALL, not just a subset of those with specific ideals. maybe you need to read up on your constitutional law?
maybe you need to relax and stop getting all worked up over the internet, looks like you need some internet regulation my friend.
maybe some forum regulation too.
all im saying is putting a post limit will stop most trolls from negativly affecting bitcoins. im looking out for the bitcoin as a currency, and all you seem to care about is whether or not you have your first amendment ON THE INTERNET. like omg i dont have enough of that on the INTERNET.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:38:37 AM

Bitcoin forum is private. They can change the rules and there is nothing wrong about it.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:40:57 AM

Business professionals -- the people we are trying to convince to accept bitcoins -- are very turned off by the forums.

We are hoping to swap this forum with weusecoins, prefer a "professional code of conduct" and make that the primary forum.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: