Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:44:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloaded torrent file for blockchain info. What next?  (Read 693 times)
rotorhead1211 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:14:58 AM

I have downloaded the torrent file recommended in the forum.  Using bitcoin core.  Can someone walk me through the necessary steps to use the file data in bitcoin core?  Thanks
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:49:01 PM

I have downloaded the torrent file recommended in the forum.  Using bitcoin core.  Can someone walk me through the necessary steps to use the file data in bitcoin core?  Thanks

Whomever is recommending this is giving bad advice. The torrent has been slower since 0.10.0.  Just let core sync on its own.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:54:27 PM

I have downloaded the torrent file recommended in the forum.  Using bitcoin core.  Can someone walk me through the necessary steps to use the file data in bitcoin core?  Thanks

It's not recommended anymore to torrent since the 0.12 (or 0.11) is a lot faster while downloading.
Anyway you should place the file at %AppData%/Bitcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 01:06:53 AM

Do you really need to download core ? Are you going to prevail its functionalities to the maximum ? Do you have faster internet speed with high storage capacity in your computers including a good CPU ? If the answer for all the mentioned is "Yes",go ahead with the installation,though sync will take time.If you don't really think you are going to play around with commands and just need a bitcoin wallet to simply send/receive bitcoins,go for a lightweight wallet like Electrum.It is much more convenient.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: