Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2017, 08:02:02 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Message Free Software projects to add Bitcoin Donate buttons  (Read 1499 times)
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
October 22, 2010, 06:35:22 AM

Hey,

Right now I'm working full time on a Bitcoin app and haven't got the time to do this. But it just occured to me that if you message a lot of free software projects then they would likely add one. Especially if you gave them a bitcoin icon or premade button.

Then someone could make a topic here of a list of projects accepting donations. Good way to promote bitcoin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2010, 06:51:27 AM

Hey,

Right now I'm working full time on a Bitcoin app and haven't got the time to do this. But it just occured to me that if you message a lot of free software projects then they would likely add one. Especially if you gave them a bitcoin icon or premade button.

Then someone could make a topic here of a list of projects accepting donations. Good way to promote bitcoin.

Maybe we should write a simple-as-possible-and-no-simpler explanation letter, promise a few coins (like 10 or something) and promise to add their site to a list (in a thread? on a subpage or the trade page?)

So, there are two separate tasks I think. Write a letter and compile a list of people to mass mail it too. 

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
hugolp

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 22, 2010, 01:35:44 PM

Hey,

What is this application about? (if you want to talk about it)
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 22, 2010, 01:49:35 PM

I've done that on my prefered linux distribution forum :  aptosid.

http://www.aptosid.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=219

I even proposed to buy the bitcoins they would collect.

All I got was a polite decline.

Edit:  well, I've just insisted a bit, though.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
October 23, 2010, 10:14:58 AM

All I got was a polite decline.
I don't think their decline is so polite anymore Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.