Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:15:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [VIDEO] BBC documentary on problem gambling  (Read 192 times)
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:11:37 PM

i will admit that i might be a problem gambler myself. i have spent lots of Bitcoin on online bitcoin gambling games and can't say i won more than i lost. i however, see gambling as a form of entertainment and not a way of making money, as recommended by other posters in these forums.

here's the link to the documentary on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-uM4XSi0Fo

the film maker explicitly says that his dad was a problem gambler and got into crime to pay for his habbits. There have also been breakthroughs in psychiatry that treat gambling like any other addiction, (iE crack or cocaine). some scholars even argue that gambling is as addictive as crack.

i admit that i will gamble, but I consider it entertainment rather than a sure way of making money. I try not to gamble too often, but when I do i set a limit and i don't go past it.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
crytoboost

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:26:21 PM

It is normal thing because all gamblers are having that kind of similar problems when they got addicted to gamble, but to get involved into real life crime would be much bad situation and i think there is some chance to get involve into that kind of crime when got busted and have no way left to pay our debt than it can make us problem gambler so that i will do agree with this.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:39:29 PM

i will admit that i might be a problem gambler myself. i have spent lots of Bitcoin on online bitcoin gambling games and can't say i won more than i lost. i however, see gambling as a form of entertainment and not a way of making money, as recommended by other posters in these forums.

here's the link to the documentary on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-uM4XSi0Fo

the film maker explicitly says that his dad was a problem gambler and got into crime to pay for his habbits. There have also been breakthroughs in psychiatry that treat gambling like any other addiction, (iE crack or cocaine). some scholars even argue that gambling is as addictive as crack.

i admit that i will gamble, but I consider it entertainment rather than a sure way of making money. I try not to gamble too often, but when I do i set a limit and i don't go past it.

Yea its kindanlike drug addiction. Going as far as stealing to pay for the habit. Good video thanks for the link. I'm kind of addicted myself so I can relate to it. Butninhave never done crime for the addiction thank goodness.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: