Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:13:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese Miners Revolt, Announces Plan to Hard Fork to Classic  (Read 6868 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 06:19:48 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2016, 07:11:38 AM by Lauda

If 2MB could break bitcoin, the biggest miners  would have never supported it. Basic common sense. Don't lie when you run out of argument please
Bullshit. The miners are apparently as dumb as bricks. 2 MB is able to break Bitcoin, that's why Gavin added more artificial limitations to his BIP (which is != solution, it's a silly workaround).

In that case, your opinion is not really your opinion, you're just parroting shit that others said, without attributing or having the capacity to verify its veracity?
Nope. You just don't know who I am.

What you said about being "too dumb to comprehend something properly" tho? Should probably redirect it at the whole fucking Bitcoin community.
Won't be wrong, either.
That works too I guess.

2 years old hardware is very cheap one to my standard, thats why I put this example, but if your unable to upgrade once in a while then you should not expect your today computer is going to be able catch up with Bitcoin blockchain in the future, thats pretty reasonable - you should not expect to play future games on your today computer eighter. You will be able to inport private keys to any SVP client anyway if you cannot afford to upgrade your home computer anymore, and continue to play only older and older games as time goes if your gamer.
I don't think it's reasonable at all. Having to constantly upgrade (every 2 year) in order to no fall behind makes no sense to me. Why would someone bother with this unless they explicitly have incentives to do it?

You know Gavin used limitations to resolve the O(n^2) validation time problem. Namely limiting maximum signature operations to 1.2 GB per block. As a benefit it would not be possible to O(n^2) attack even current 1 MB blocksize anymore with up to 10 minutes CPU validation in some cases - even segwit dont solve this possible O(n^2) attack on 1 MB blocksize. So the breaking of Bitcoin due to O(n^2) is not censorship, but FUD because your avare of this Gavin solution to my knowledge.
"Resolve"? Cheesy Don't make me laugh. What Gavin did was the worst approach possible to the validation problem. No, he did not solve anything, he added a ridiculous workaround that prevents certain types of transactions (limited by size). Segwit:
Segwit's design addressed the issue in two ways: One is that the extra capacity in segwit is for witness data, which is not hashed by the signature hasher. Because of this even with no fix, the worst case possible is much less significant than a plain 2MB block.

Fine, Core has surgeons and Classic has garbage collectors. I get it.
Interestingly, garbage collection is one of the more intricate problems in many computing systems. XD
I highly doubt that more than 1% of users know what we may be talking about (e.g. a language). Roll Eyes

I think your bias is fairly clear by your below statement.
Yeah definitely biased because I don't have the same opinion than some of you. Give me a break and go scam someone else.

Update::
It is only cuter that you think the language (presumably the runtime environment? let's explore what you mean here) is the only context in which garbage collection is relevant to the entire 'Bitcoin stack'.
It was just an example ("a language" which uses garbage collection) and as thus "is the only context" is false. Discussing this would be off-topic to this thread, would it not?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:46:07 AM

Just a friendly reminder of who's really in charge:

bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/if-non-core-hard-fork-wins-major-holders-will-sell-btc-driving-price-into-the-ground

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:50:58 AM

I think your bias is fairly clear by your below statement.
Yeah definitely biased because I don't have the same opinion than some of you. Give me a break
There is nothing wrong with having a different opinion. There is also nothing wrong with not having an open mind, which I don't think you have. I don't think most people in the block size debate have an open mind, although few claim to have an open mind while they clearly do not.
and go scam someone else.
Please refrain from the immature ad-hominem attacks (that are not even true). They only damage your credibility Cheesy
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 06:57:53 AM

Or a reminder of who's "all talk" as they say.

There is nothing wrong with having a different opinion.
While you do say that, I don't think that the others feel the same way. I've been under the impression (by multiple members) that if one sides with Core that they're either a Blockstream employee or biased in some other way (i.e. there is no *normal reason* for them to have such a stance).

There is also nothing wrong with not having an open mind, which I don't think you have.
Well, there you are very much wrong. I've shifted my positions several times since the initial 20 MB proposal by Gavin. I've learned several things in the meantime, and do not see a decent reason for going toward the 2 MB block size limit. Until someone provides it (them), there's no reason to support that proposal (no, "segwit is complex" and similar nonsense are not reasons for 2 MB block size limit).

Please refrain from the immature ad-hominem attacks (that are not even true). They only damage your credibility Cheesy
Sorry, it's not "immature" nor ad-hominem since it is true. Bogus escrow. Besides, I'm not the one who initiated person discussions (albeit they're off topic?).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 06:59:32 AM

I assure you that that there are many not-idiots that are preferring to avoid to show them self in things like bitcoinocracy, that it's a good way to help other to track your finance.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:08:03 AM

Interestingly, garbage collection is one of the more intricate problems in many computing systems. XD
I highly doubt that more than 1% of users know what we may be talking about (e.g. a language). Roll Eyes

It is only cuter that you think the language (presumably the runtime environment? let's explore what you mean here) is the only context in which garbage collection is relevant to the entire 'Bitcoin stack'.

This oughta be fun...

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:09:37 AM

Less than the recent Australian auction. Color me shaking in my shoes boots.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:21:31 AM

Anyone posting a link to this website is automatically deducted 10 credibility points.

http://archive.is/tF2NJ

18mkjbVaHAcMauL6iiy7zm9VjMYCjy4UU1 and 1K5PrGXqH8iSpKX4YsPp5gStLLsYTmnVBh are two of the three largest voters in this "poll" containing 5000.00010000 and 4400.00123500BTC respectively.

18mkjbVaHAcMauL6iiy7zm9VjMYCjy4UU1 is part of wallet [2270e827e3] which sent 4,400BTC to wallet [f25f84f160], and the only address in this wallet is 1K5PrGXqH8iSpKX4YsPp5gStLLsYTmnVBh

Also, 1Mjye4SM5W4PX6tGD3div6PS48vKf1nVzS is the 5th largest address "voting" a certain way which is part of wallet [d0b06ef0f9], which received a single transaction of 1999.9995BTC from [2270e827e3] (above).

Moving down the list, 1MHHdX1KN32tC7KGqHQGn1XWjPmwjRc4Yu is part of wallet [ba63ab3713], which received a single transaction, being from [e1418c6ff3] in the amount of 540.8989BTC. This wallet received a transaction in the amount of 599.9995BTC from [2270e827e3] (above)

In other words, three of the top five (and 4 of the top 7) addresses "voting" a certain way can be easily linked together as being likely controlled by the same person. These 4 addresses make up ~52% of the bitcoin that a voting a certain way. If more then half of the bitcoin in that poll is voting a certain way, but attempting to make it appear that multiple people are voting in harmony, but in reality is really only one person voting, then there is nothing to say that other significantly large addresses in that poll are not also controlled by that same person. 
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:39:08 AM

Another Classic move: dismiss the opinions of large stakeholders because they are few in number. After all, they're only a few people, and may just be a single really rich person, so what possible influence could they have? It's not like having an actual stake in the issue gives their opinions any extra merit. Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:49:42 AM

Another Classic move: dismiss the opinions of large stakeholders because they are few in number.

Thought you had me on ignore? (Despite the derpy action of directly addressing questions to me upthread - whatevs)

Comprehension fail. I am not dismissing that silly privacy-compromising poll because very few are participating. Nay, I ridicule it, as the entirety of all votes amounts to no more than a gnat's fart.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:51:59 AM

Another Classic move: dismiss the opinions of large stakeholders because they are few in number. After all, they're only a few people, and may just be a single really rich person, so what possible influence could they have? It's not like having an actual stake in the issue gives their opinions any extra merit. Roll Eyes
Of a single large holder of Bitcoin, who is claiming to be several large stakeholders
topiOleg

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 08:29:36 AM

I cant see how you can move Bitcoin price to the ground by selling such amount of Bitcoins. It just shows Blockstream and hard core supporters are not big Bitcoin stakeholders at all. I find this tactic countra productive though, my thinking is "do the dip today please so we get rid of your Bitcoins and threats finally".

giggidy23

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:24:09 AM

Other than hodling impressive sums of BTC, what, precisely, could these people do?
I mean, they can tank the market price by dumping their coins (hurts them as much as it hurts anyone else), or order way too much pizza for the pool owners they don't like...
Anything else?
BeadUsher

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 01:49:02 PM

Yes, Mr. Chop. But he himself hasn't commented or tweeted about this ergo it's still piffle.

Probably. Would only take a couple of tweets from major pool operators to dispel all these rumors.

I'm sure people have contacted pool operators by now. Any replies?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 01:58:37 PM

I think it's confirmed the tweet was wishful thinking, more a nudge than a wink. Otherwise someone would be talking about the algo change from Hell again?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BeadUsher

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:03:17 PM

I think it's confirmed
Any links?
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:07:32 PM

So what then?
Is Bitcoin becoming a big fat large corporations where who has a big stash commands and who does not is not even heard?

I supposed bitcoin was different.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 02:15:02 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4qmb33/does_jihan_wu_indirectly_confirm_corexit/

Antpool has never engaged with the guy behind that 8btc OP privately, or reached any agreement with that guy. I am also unaware of any other pools are working with that guy. China 8btc forum is running without censorship when people wants to discuss different scaling plans.

However, we cannot call it a hoax to which the responding showed 90% of no objection, and written in a very formal Chinese. This "Terminator" plan somehow got attention for its wisdom to unify the difference between 75% and 90% number. We also should not call out "hoax" to any proposals we don't agree with or just did not know/agree with it in advance.

BeadUsher

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:48:37 PM

^BitcoinNewsMagazine, thanks.

So what then?
Is Bitcoin becoming a big fat large corporations where who has a big stash commands and who does not is not even heard?

I supposed bitcoin was different.
We all make mistakes.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:51:31 PM

Like, what, my word wasn't good enough for you?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: