Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!! with electrum  (Read 590 times)
rickhart (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:58:48 PM

Hi,

I installed electrum 1.8 on one of my laptops and electrum 2.5.1. on the other laptop.
 I receive all my bitcoins on the 1.8 electrum with the addgen.php

On the 1.8 electrum version I can't send bitcoins because it is a to old version.
So I tried to retrieve my wallet on the other laptop with electrum 2.5.1

The 2.5.1 version sees only 1 transaction and I have way less bitcoins on the newer version.

Do anyone know how I can send my bitcoins!!?Huh

Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 01:41:25 AM

Can't you export the private keys using the old version and import it to the new version? I've never tried electrum 1.8 so I'm not completely sure if the option exist.
After that you can create a new wallet and transfer all bitcoins to the new wallet if you want.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
rickhart (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 05:58:27 AM

tanks for the reply
Can you tell me how its done?

much tanks
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:29:12 AM

tanks for the reply
Can you tell me how its done?

much tanks

open electrum and do one of these things:

1) if you want only one Private key:
go to addresses tab and right click on the bitcoin address you want and select "Private key" enter your wallet password and you will see the address's private key. you can copy now

2) for all of them:
in the toolbar click on Wallet > Private keys > export
you may need your wallet password.
wait for the list to build then you can see all of them you can either copy one by one or export it to a file using CSV or JSON format

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
rickhart (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:19:24 PM

tnx till so far.
Now the next problem.
I did like you said export the private keys of my old electrum to the new one. But it wont work. A white popup screen appears( I think normally you see de adresses here). I waited for a while but nothing happens. If I import them manually the new electrum gives the message: error

Any ideas?

ThomM

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:12:32 PM

tnx till so far.
Now the next problem.
I did like you said export the private keys of my old electrum to the new one. But it wont work. A white popup screen appears( I think normally you see de adresses here). I waited for a while but nothing happens. If I import them manually the new electrum gives the message: error

Any ideas?

Is the error message just say "error"? Do you get it when trying to export from your old wallet or import to the new wallet?
A screenshot might help get things a little clearer.
rickhart (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:08:07 PM

Hi thomM,

If I restore my wallet trough my seed only my first received transaction is available. This is my balance to.
When import my private it gives no error but the popupscreen stays white.
I dont know how to import a jpg file in this post?

Do you have any solution for getting to my bitcoins?

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 07:36:45 PM

With your old 1.8 client try using electrum.no-ip.org as a server it may still accept your High S transaction and you can send to your 2.5.1 wallet. Since Electrum changed from 12 to 13 word seeds you are going to have to export and import your private keys otherwise.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: