Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:46:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A guide for mining efficiently on P2Pool, includes FUD repellent and FAQ  (Read 174852 times)
tharani

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 10:13:08 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 10:28:02 AM by tharani

i started using p2p pool with my asic block erupter, and also i can see it connects , current reward for block's is 0 btc but after 24 hours mining it is 0.01 btc,

so does this mean that after 24 hours if i connect and and mine and find a block i will be paid 0.01.??

also the bfg miner is showing 0.00 btc/ hr

then it updated to 196nbtc/hr

1 nBTC = 0.000000001 BTC

after it started accepting so it means its mining 196nbtc now for a hour right.??

so how to i get paid and when and how can i see how much has the bfg miner mined.Huh

there are lots of pools named p2pool

http://www.p2pool.com/

i am using this one , i don't know the pool mentioned here is the same one.

other places named p2pool

http://p2pool.in/

http://p2pool.org/

send me a message if you want your signature to be posted
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:35:58 AM

i started using p2p pool with my asic block erupter, and also i can see it connects , current reward for block's is 0 btc but after 24 hours mining it is 0.01 btc,

so does this mean that after 24 hours if i connect and and mine and find a block i will be paid 0.01.??

also the bfg miner is showing 0.00 btc/ hr

then it updated to 196nbtc/hr

1 nBTC = 0.000000001 BTC

after it started accepting so it means its mining 196nbtc now for a hour right.??

so how to i get paid and when and how can i see how much has the bfg miner mined.Huh

there are lots of pools named p2pool

http://www.p2pool.com/

i am using this one , i don't know the pool mentioned here is the same one.

other places named p2pool

http://p2pool.in/

http://p2pool.org/

http://p2pool.in/ is the the official p2pool website.

You can follow the official p2pool thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
tharani

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 02:20:30 PM

thanks i will meet you guys there.

send me a message if you want your signature to be posted
.m.

Activity: 280
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 02:32:31 PM

Surprised it still works.
Well done !

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

flameruk

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 09:34:37 PM

The contents of this thread have been invaluable.
Still very much up to date and working.
Carefully reading this thread got me a good working node and background knowledge of how it works.
Thanks people.

Find my P2POOL node at www.ukp2pool.uk:9332

Donations for operating node?
BTC  1CYevtGy3aqr1reuq7CFceNFAT7snsz3VM
in2tactics

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:39:08 AM

The contents of this thread have been invaluable.
Still very much up to date and working.
Carefully reading this thread got me a good working node and background knowledge of how it works.
Thanks people.
Smiley

Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
pokapeski

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 11:39:12 AM

Hi there, I am newbiest newbie so be prevented  Grin
I have been mining for almost 24 hours and there is something that escapes me.
I have this numbers now on the stats
Payout if a block were found NOW: 0.0136501 BTC. Expected after mining for 24 hours: 0.0752 BTC per block.

I understand that the money that I have actually made is 0.0136501 BTC
The 24hours mining estimation I take is just that, an estimation, however I noticed that it has always been much higher than the estimation I was making based on the shares found or the evolution of the confirmed payout (0.0136501 BTC).

Is the "Expected after mining for 24 hours" estimation something I should trust in the long run?

thanks
in2tactics

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:10:29 PM

Hi there, I am newbiest newbie so be prevented  Grin
I have been mining for almost 24 hours and there is something that escapes me.
I have this numbers now on the stats
Payout if a block were found NOW: 0.0136501 BTC. Expected after mining for 24 hours: 0.0752 BTC per block.

I understand that the money that I have actually made is 0.0136501 BTC
The 24hours mining estimation I take is just that, an estimation, however I noticed that it has always been much higher than the estimation I was making based on the shares found or the evolution of the confirmed payout (0.0136501 BTC).

Is the "Expected after mining for 24 hours" estimation something I should trust in the long run?

thanks

You have not made anything yet. The "payout if block found now" statement only tells you what you WOULD earn if a block was found right NOW based on your current shares on the sharechain. The "expected after mining for 24 hours" statement is a PREDICTION based on the current p2pool hashrate and your current hashrate.

pokapeski

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:20:24 PM

yes, I meant, I trust the pool so that when the new block is found the payment will realize. Smiley
My concern was about the difference between the estimation and the first figure of payments that I understand will happen once a block is found.
I understand from your post then that in the long run the estimation should roughly be somewhat reliable (given the difference that I notice between my results so far and the expectation).
in2tactics

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:26:25 AM

yes, I meant, I trust the pool so that when the new block is found the payment will realize. Smiley
My concern was about the difference between the estimation and the first figure of payments that I understand will happen once a block is found.
I understand from your post then that in the long run the estimation should roughly be somewhat reliable (given the difference that I notice between my results so far and the expectation).

It usually takes about 3 days for your 24 hour payout prediction and your payout now to normalize.

pokapeski

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:48:51 PM

thanks for the clarification.
For the record; On the tests I made the income seems to have noticibly improved after I applied the changes indicated in the first post of this thread.
in2tactics

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:43:18 AM

For the record; On the tests I made the income seems to have noticibly improved after I applied the changes indicated in the first post of this thread.
Good to hear!

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 09:09:35 PM

Unless your node is the one submitting the blocks, the changes in the first post have no bearing on your mining income, since it is somebody else's node that has created and submitted the block, and you have no control over whether or not that node has followed the recommendations.

What the first post states is simply that if you increase the transaction fee minimum for any transactions you include in blocks you create, and also increase the size of the blocks you create will translate into blocks containing more transactions with higher fees.  Again... just because you're doing it, doesn't mean anyone else is.

What really matters to you as a miner is that your shares are submitted and not DOA or orphaned.  That means having a well connected peer.  The faster you can get your shares out to the network, the less of a chance you have of them being orphaned.  The faster your own node processes shares, the less chance you have of them being DOA.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: