Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:00:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCC.com KYC Requirements - Suspicious Activity  (Read 492 times)
Inedible (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:38:51 PM

Does anyone else here have an account with BTCC.com?

They've recently sent an email round asking for proof of address and ID. This is pretty normal.

What I don't find normal is they state they need another copy of my passport (something I already did when I set up my account).

Naturally I emailed them and they said that yes, they need a new scan, a photo of me holding my passport and proof of address so I asked them why they needed another scan of the passport and if they had lost the original.

They replied that the original system didn't keep a copy of the passport photo which I find incredibly unlikely. Why would you throw away identifying documentation? How would you confirm details of the person in future when you need to?

It seems to me that they've simply lost the originals and are now looking to get them replaced.

I'm not sure I have faith in them anymore. Has anyone else received this email after previously providing proofs?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:05:25 AM

how you can provide your ID and other documents to a unlicensed company like BTCC?  pffff  Grin Grin Grin
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:45:29 AM

Does anyone else here have an account with BTCC.com?

They've recently sent an email round asking for proof of address and ID. This is pretty normal.

What I don't find normal is they state they need another copy of my passport (something I already did when I set up my account).

Naturally I emailed them and they said that yes, they need a new scan, a photo of me holding my passport and proof of address so I asked them why they needed another scan of the passport and if they had lost the original.

They replied that the original system didn't keep a copy of the passport photo which I find incredibly unlikely. Why would you throw away identifying documentation? How would you confirm details of the person in future when you need to?

It seems to me that they've simply lost the originals and are now looking to get them replaced.

I'm not sure I have faith in them anymore. Has anyone else received this email after previously providing proofs?

Its the same with Coins.ph they are asking users to have a selfie photo together with your valid Identification Card. Its of no big deal they just want to add a security protocol for their site. Its an advantage for us though. The site just want to make sure that the identification you uploaded is truly yours. So in the end we will benefit for that added security protocol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: