News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you watch TV?
YES
NO

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Do you watch TV?  (Read 1841 times)
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 03:49:33 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2013, 04:00:41 AM by philips

I don't have a TV.
I had a TV card some while ago and use it to watch Discovery and shit.
But the amount of commercials drove me nuts. I hate those stupid commercials.
You just sit there watching the new powders for babies asses while Teal'c was just about to kick some serious Goa'uld butt.
You go away for a while and you come back no Teal'c in sight, still happy babies asses. So you change the channel and and when you remember to change it back Stargate is over and asses are back on.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 03:52:58 AM

We have 5 TVs in this home, though all can receive 100's of channels of programming, four are used mainly for gaming, none of which I play.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:15:36 AM

Yeah, people tell me they don't watch TV. Yet we have satellite, multiple streaming services, analog and digital cable, fibre optic, and still good old broadcast stations. There are TVs in your SUVs. There are TVs in your RVs and yachts. There are hundreds of stations and thousands of direct to video movies every year. BTW, I hear they have the NFL and the baseball package special going on now. But hey, don't let me interrupt your not-watching-tv time. Just be glad you didn't have to suffer the snowy black and white sets while you watch your ever growing big screen HDTVs.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:17:05 AM

Yeah, people tell me they don't watch TV. Yet we have satellite, multiple streaming services, analog and digital cable, fibre optic, and still good old broadcast stations. There are TVs in your SUVs. There are TVs in your RVs and yachts. There are hundreds of stations and thousands of direct to video movies every year. BTW, I hear they have the NFL and the baseball package special going on now. But hey, don't let me interrupt your not-watching-tv time. Just be glad you didn't have to suffer the snowy black and white sets while you watch your ever growing big screen HDTVs.

+1 "I don't watch TV" lol

poop!
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:21:12 AM

So, if you say you don't insert dildos up your ass I can safely assume you do insert dildos up your ass because, hey, there are dildos for sale after all...
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:26:50 AM

dildos and tv.. not a fair comparison!  Grin

poop!
Raoul Duke (OP)
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:30:27 AM

It's my thread. I'll decide what's fair or not Grin
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:55:33 AM

I can assure you that I don't have a single TV on my yacht.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 04:58:57 AM

Aw, who needs TV anymore, now that we have the Internet.  Anything you can find on TV, you can now find on the magical Internets.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 01:57:28 PM

I can't possibly watch the majority of television because I always feel the need to rant at stupid comments made by the t.v presenters or politicians.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 03:12:47 PM

For me, TV is like cheap booze: I try to avoid it, but sometimes I give in, even though I know I'll regret it soon afterwards.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 05:49:21 PM

It's my thread. I'll decide what's fair or not Grin
Unless you made this a self-moderated topic  Wink

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
addi

Activity: 626

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 10:02:41 PM

I almost never watch TV anymore, the thought of staring up to 5-6 times, 10 minutes each at commercials between movies baffles me Smiley

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 10:05:08 PM

No brainwashing machine at home since around 2002.
inge

Activity: 298

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 10:19:04 PM

No Tv, just internet. Exept for "Dexter".

Regards, Inge
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 10:31:12 PM

I can assure you that I don't have a single TV on my yacht.
These days most yachts never leave the slip and there's satellite TV in the boathouse. ;-)

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 10:34:36 PM

The pool result is hard to believe.  Cheesy
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 12:20:29 PM

I haven't had a TV for about five years, but I watch it when I visit my family.

Most of good things end up on the web or on bittorrent anyway.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 12:26:14 PM

No, since 1996. I have also increased my net worth by about a factor of 2^9 since I quit watching TV. Edit: Inflation adjusted (10->9).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
pinger
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 12:43:50 PM

I voted YES, because my monitor is a TV too XD Anway I use a Tivo so no ads are allowed in home. And yes, most of the time is playing the cartoon channel, kids...

Most of the time, seriesyonkis dot .com Wink

For rent
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: