Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is the goal of the manipulators to make the price boring?  (Read 2651 times)
paulie_w (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 09:06:50 AM

if we get bored with it (fuck, i'm tired of $46-47!), does it become the 'psychological normal' and ripe for a raise in some weeks or months?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 09:08:03 AM

No. It is the goal of the manipulators to make money.

Come now, that wasn't hard was it?
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 09:30:20 AM

if we get bored with it (fuck, i'm tired of $46-47!), does it become the 'psychological normal' and ripe for a raise in some weeks or months?

I'm bored of it too....

But it's not all bad, last time we touched 47-48, all the bears shit themselves.

I think you're right... this will be the new launch-pad. If there was going to be a big sell-off, it would already have happened.

bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 09:47:20 AM

Pump and dump is the main tool of the manipulator in this shallow market. They must be taking time out

Look on the bright side: stable price is good for real business. No merchant is going to adopt bitcoin if the price is flying about.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 10:18:57 AM

at the exciting rise last week you keep thinking itll keep going. but you have to stop and realize how amazing it is the price is stable at this level. 
granolageek

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 10:59:29 AM

This is acting like a real market. The mining reward goes down. Several decent sized (but not gigantic) vendors start accepting bitcoin, Argentina, if not Iran, starts using bitcoin as a black market alternative to dollar bills and cigarettes.

Bitcoin is less available and simultaneously more useful. So the exchange rate to fiat triples.

With those events factored in, the Bitcoin/fiat exchange rate should stabilize until more reasons to use Bitcoin pop up.
Mark Oates

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 12:35:02 PM

Better in the long run for it to stabilize around the mid 40s for a couple of weeks.  We've seen quite a bit of action in the last month, with adoptions, press, glitch, etc.  So a nice calm would be nice and build the confidence we need for Bitcoin to move forward.
HBBZ

Activity: 570
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:22:35 PM

Pump and dump is the main tool of the manipulator in this shallow market. They must be taking time out

Look on the bright side: stable price is good for real business. No merchant is going to adopt bitcoin if the price is flying about.

I like the stable price, though a little bored as a speculator and market maker. The market goes in its own pace and tempo. imho, the total amount of bitcoins used by merchants can be seen during such periods.
thefiniteidea

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 01:38:34 PM

Just wait until the Coinlab+Mt. Gox merger is complete....

hello wealthy US investors  Wink
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 01:41:34 PM

Everyone who trades BTC for fiat money is a manipulating the value of it!

lukestokes

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 01:46:26 PM

I was thinking about this the other day as well. I wonder how many speculators have been watching the near daily rise in price and holding off on their cash out (who would cash out if tomorrow it'll go up another dollar or two?). If the price does settle for a week or two, I wonder how many will decide, "OK, that was fun, I'll take my winnings now." The opportunity cost of leaving a rising bubble too early is real, so maybe they've been sticking around.

I personally don't think this is a bubble, and I like the arguments that say this currency can and should go much higher in value. That said, no one really knows.

Then again, you have all the Mt Gox accounts waiting to clear (probably new investors), so there could be new blood coming in soon to keep the price up.

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 02:11:43 PM

Just wait until the Coinlab+Mt. Gox merger is complete....

hello wealthy US investors  Wink

I wouldn't be at all shocked if this calm before the storm was engineered from the MtGox/Coinlab camp, just to give the appearance of stability for investors to jump in after the deal comes through.
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 03:02:30 PM

Everyone who trades BTC for fiat money is a manipulating the value of it!

This is correct, but the manipulation is small compared to the big walls.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 04:22:53 PM

This is correct, but the manipulation is small compared to the big walls.

It only happens, because many people are willing to buy and sell in exchange for US dollars (or some other currency, but mostly USD).

mr chong

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:14:00 PM

Better in the long run for it to stabilize around the mid 40s for a couple of weeks.  We've seen quite a bit of action in the last month, with adoptions, press, glitch, etc.  So a nice calm would be nice and build the confidence we need for Bitcoin to move forward.

^ +1 ^ for both of the above posts.

The fork that happened the other day was probably a good thing as it not only reminded developers that there are still a few issues that need to be taken care in future updates as Bitcoin evolves but also slowed down the run away price increase which was well on its way to spiking to high to fast which would have probably ended up crashing down pretty hard. Now that it has stabilized in the mid 40's it has a better chance of building a could base before it moves up higher.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:26:17 PM

just think back to september-december of last year, price seemed "boring" around $13...i am thankful for this stability so it gives me more time to put all of my fiat earnings in BTC/LTC before the next jump! 

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 06:32:44 PM

Y'all are spoiled. We went sideways for 6 months at start of 2012.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 07:13:07 PM

I don't know who decided to set up a large sell wall. Apparently there are no individuals that feel it is worth taking down. It has the effect of forcing miners to sell below the wall. The same person may be buying up some of those coins to add to the wall. They may be selling off slowly to recoup their buying spree, but if someone else doesn't jump in, then eventually the wall will crash down and drop the price. I don't mean to be bearish, but there doesn't seem to be much market exuberance over these extraordinary technological developments.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
donjoe

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 08:53:01 PM

No, they're just taking my advice. Tongue

That sudden push from $40 to $47 was met with lots of resistance, so I think we need to give the market a couple of months to catch up to the fanboiz' hopes for $50 to become possible to reach and hold. How things play out until then is up to the bulls: they get overeager again and try to push too soon, they'll just generate another big correction and scare off some of this year's potential adopters. They take it slow and let it rise steadily, there'll be less uncertainty and we won't lose so many potential adopters along the way.

It's your call, bulls.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 09:17:20 PM

Y'all are spoiled. We went sideways for 6 months at start of 2012.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: