Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:53:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stake 24/7 on a VPS?  (Read 4417 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:42:07 PM

This may interest you i have used these guys for plenty of projects.  Rock solid stability.  Budget brand of OVH who are one of the biggest server farm owners around

https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/

VPS SSD 1

OpenStack KVM
1 vCore
2.4 GHz
2 GB RAM
10 GB SSD
Local Raid 10

$3.49/month

If you looking to stake a few coins maybe look at one of their Dedicated servers.  They start at $6 a month.  But you have to check their site regularly as those are often out of stock.

Want to stake many many coins at once try something like this

KS-2B    Atom™ N2800    640    2c / 4t    1.86 GHz+    4 GB    40 GB SSD    100 Mbps    /128    $11.00

Also available for the same price with a 1TB drive instead of the SSD

Heck you can even run them with a GUI option if your not comfortable with CLI.  They have enough power

In windows , Use Task manger and check the Coin Process to see how much memory it uses,
Linux should have something similar.
If the coin Process is using ~500Meg, then you be able to run it along with the Linux OS with 1GB total.
Personally Would get 2Gig or more if you want to run multiple wallets at the same time.
Just add up the memory their process is using and how many you want to run simultaneously, include ~500meg for the OS.

Cool

FYI:
Coins like ZEIT , Mint , & HBN use over 1 gig by themselves with nothing else running.

Thanks mate. I usually do this on Windows, but I am quite not very familiar with Linux as I cannot find a Task Manager for it. Still, I could be based on the results I get on the Windows OS to run the wallet in Linux. In the meantime, I will only run a single wallet for testing but then I will decide to upgrade my VPS plan to get more RAM and stake at least 2 coins at the same time. I think that staking OKcoins or Coin Magi will be perfectly fine to start with.  Smiley

If your looking at a Linux task manager try "top"

If your using something Debian based try "sudo apt-get htop" and use htop instead for a better looking interface

Thanks for sharing this mate. I have found it very useful for me to begin with my little experiment on the VPS. Also, the VPS hosting that you have mentioned me earlier looks pretty interesting so I think I will give it a try with this one. I have tested htop from within a virtual machine and it looks pretty useful. I\Now I will install it once I get the VPS up and running. By the way, I don't know if above VPS accepts Bitcoins, but it would be pretty cool for a VPS to accept it like CryptoGods. Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 03:31:01 PM

well, i would go with aws or azure, they both have free services for a year and after that you only pay for what you use. good prices and good servers.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 04:18:50 PM

well, i would go with aws or azure, they both have free services for a year and after that you only pay for what you use. good prices and good servers.

I think aws need atm before you get a free service..  but it can help for trial purpose and they are giving high specs for your vps..
But i think its better to start cpu mining using vps or try gpu if the specs is high..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 02:05:54 AM

Actually, I was into this especially the Azure platform and for the free trial and the prices I say that they are pretty good. AWS asks me for a credit card before using the free trial, but I will stick with Azure for a year. Still, I am looking into several VPS services like CryptoGods and DigitalOcean to stake multiple coins. I've had a very bad experience with so called "Cloud Staking" services like Stakeminers and Staisybit that I have decided to stake them on my own via the cloud using the VPS.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Lutzow

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:47:59 AM

I'm using Time4VPS for staking 24/7 using CBX and they're getting the job done so I'm happy using their services and it only costs me ~2 euros/month.

razdva

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 09:14:04 AM

I would like to know if it is possible to stake a PoS coin like Diamond or Hyperstake 24/7 from within the VPS. All I know is how to setup the same on it, but I don't how to make it run 24/7 as the more the wallet is open, the more chances of receiving stakes I will get. Any advice, tips or tricks would be helpful to me. I would greatly appreciate any help with this.
you do not do nothing, just open your wallet and close VPS. It will be work 24/7
But first calculate, will it profit for you
Lutzow

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:28:59 AM

I would like to know if it is possible to stake a PoS coin like Diamond or Hyperstake 24/7 from within the VPS. All I know is how to setup the same on it, but I don't how to make it run 24/7 as the more the wallet is open, the more chances of receiving stakes I will get. Any advice, tips or tricks would be helpful to me. I would greatly appreciate any help with this.
you do not do nothing, just open your wallet and close VPS. It will be work 24/7
But first calculate, will it profit for you

Exactly VPS runs 24/7 just start it and it will run. Better do backups though then have a copy of the wallet.dat just in case something happens with your VPS.

Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 11:25:31 AM

VPS offers are quite expensive, at least the ones I saw. I don't feel like staking alone will be enough to cover those expenses.

Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:12:20 PM

VPS offers are quite expensive, at least the ones I saw. I don't feel like staking alone will be enough to cover those expenses.

You could always use the VPS for other things, such as node hosting.  With proper resource management, you could even stake two or more different currencies in the background simultaneously as well  Tongue
mr.youhim

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 01:04:47 PM

just start it and it will run))) lol what a question
Lutzow

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 01:48:38 PM

You could always use the VPS for other things, such as node hosting.  With proper resource management, you could even stake two or more different currencies in the background simultaneously as well  Tongue

Correct. It may be expensive if you're only going to run 1 wallet but if the VPS is cheap you might find that you're still in profit via staking since you won't be able to run your laptop or computer 24/7.

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:41:22 PM

OP:: unless your power and/or internet is unreliable, buy one of these:

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145457216438

Dedicated hardware will always trump your shared specs from a vpn and if done properly will be infinity more secure then leaving your coins on someone elses server.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:19:18 AM

Dedicated hardware will always trump your shared specs from a vpn and if done properly will be infinity more secure then leaving your coins on someone elses server.

Thanks for your advice, mate. I own 2 SBC myself which are the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3, but still I would love to have an extra SBC to use as a full node for other cryptocurrency. Staking on these would be more secure, but I'd only prefer to stake 24/7 on a VPS due to internet unreliability.

In the meantime, I will encrypt my wallet from within the VPS for extra security and stake some coins myself. As it will be running 24/7, I think that I will have better chances of receiving stakes.

The ODROID-C2 single board computer looks pretty interesting too. It can be a great addition to my setup of nodes for cryptocurrencies.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:47:38 AM

Thanks for your advice, mate. I own 2 SBC myself which are the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3, but still I would love to have an extra SBC to use as a full node for other cryptocurrency. Staking on these would be more secure, but I'd only prefer to stake 24/7 on a VPS due to internet unreliability.

In the meantime, I will encrypt my wallet from within the VPS for extra security and stake some coins myself. As it will be running 24/7, I think that I will have better chances of receiving stakes.

The ODROID-C2 single board computer looks pretty interesting too. It can be a great addition to my setup of nodes for cryptocurrencies.  Smiley

Oh man if you've already got pi's, you'll creame your pants over the c2. If you spring for the eMMC (which is very much worth the money) you will be blown away by the speed difference. I've put 6 daemons on mine and it could still run more (obviously, mileage may vary based on coins, but you get the idea)

Only real issue I've had is most coin's need to have leveldb modified in order to cook on the arm64 os's, but thats a pretty easy edit.

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:19:33 AM

You can use windows  vps then run your wallet on it and dont close the wallet just close the vps. And for sure, your wallet will be connected to the network 24/7. The more balance in your wallet the more stakes youll get!

Happy staking!

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:38:09 AM

Oh man if you've already got pi's, you'll creame your pants over the c2. If you spring for the eMMC (which is very much worth the money) you will be blown away by the speed difference. I've put 6 daemons on mine and it could still run more (obviously, mileage may vary based on coins, but you get the idea)

Only real issue I've had is most coin's need to have leveldb modified in order to cook on the arm64 os's, but thats a pretty easy edit.

Thanks for letting me know about this mate. Seems that the ODROID is a lot more powerful than the Raspberry Pi, and for its value I think that it is definitely worth it. I'll buy one myself to stake a few coins locally as well as to have the VPS running with other coins staking.

By the way, I was also looking forward to get myself an Orange Pi too. Are they really worth it? They look a lot cheaper than the Raspberry Pi (Orange Pi One) so it makes it an affordable way of getting a SBC.  Smiley

You can use windows  vps then run your wallet on it and dont close the wallet just close the vps. And for sure, your wallet will be connected to the network 24/7. The more balance in your wallet the more stakes youll get!

Happy staking!

Thanks for your advice mate! I really appreciate it. Still, I would prefer a Linux VPS due to the fact that it is much cheaper than the Windows one.  Wink

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 02:34:15 PM

Thanks for letting me know about this mate. Seems that the ODROID is a lot more powerful than the Raspberry Pi, and for its value I think that it is definitely worth it. I'll buy one myself to stake a few coins locally as well as to have the VPS running with other coins staking.

By the way, I was also looking forward to get myself an Orange Pi too. Are they really worth it? They look a lot cheaper than the Raspberry Pi (Orange Pi One) so it makes it an affordable way of getting a SBC.  Smiley

Happy staking!

Thanks for your advice mate! I really appreciate it. Still, I would prefer a Linux VPS due to the fact that it is much cheaper than the Windows one.  Wink

oooOOOoooooo

I dunno about the One, but the Two Plus looks damn enticing and comes with built in eMMC for $50 which is cheaper then the c2

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Orange-Pi-Plus-2-H3-Quad-Core-1-6GHZ-2GB-RAM-4K-Open-source-development-board/1553371_32516755321.html

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:18:03 PM

oooOOOoooooo

I dunno about the One, but the Two Plus looks damn enticing and comes with built in eMMC for $50 which is cheaper then the c2

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Orange-Pi-Plus-2-H3-Quad-Core-1-6GHZ-2GB-RAM-4K-Open-source-development-board/1553371_32516755321.html

That definitely looks like one of the best SBC boards around, in my opinion. I've compared it towards my Raspberry Pi 3 and it far surpasses it by its bigger RAM and CPU GHz. Also, it has on-board wifi and SATA port which makes it pretty useful for connecting a HDD to store the blockchain in there (when setting it up as a node). Everything looks great and it is good for the value. Thanks a lot for recommending me this one mate!  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:30:43 PM

oooOOOoooooo

That definitely looks like one of the best SBC boards around, in my opinion. I've compared it towards my Raspberry Pi 3 and it far surpasses it by its bigger RAM and CPU GHz. Also, it has on-board wifi and SATA port which makes it pretty useful for connecting a HDD to store the blockchain in there (when setting it up as a node). Everything looks great and it is good for the value. Thanks a lot for recommending me this one mate!  Cheesy

it is a 100 shades of sexy and I think I'm gonna pick one up myself here soon.

One thought thought as I find myself drooling is there is no heatsink on the cpu... I'd think about putting one on there for sake of argument...  dunno.

Please post back if you get one and how it works out for ya bud.

cucbKu_naMeLbl

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:07:15 PM

yes you can use vps, just open your wallet and its be work
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: