Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:26:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stake 24/7 on a VPS?  (Read 4417 times)
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:09:04 AM

If you want to run your wallet for 24/7 at a vps then I advice you to use windows vps. With windows vps , the only step required is simply open your wallet application on it and your wallet will be online for 24/7(if your vps steady enough). You can use linux's vps too but it requires many steps to achieve your main goal.

Good luck!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 01:27:52 AM

it is a 100 shades of sexy and I think I'm gonna pick one up myself here soon.

One thought thought as I find myself drooling is there is no heatsink on the cpu... I'd think about putting one on there for sake of argument...  dunno.

Please post back if you get one and how it works out for ya bud.

Will do. Actually, I've been a little short of funds (because I've been investing in the VPS and coins to stake) but as soon as I sort everything out, I will share my experiences about this awesome mini computer. A heatsink on the CPU would be pretty ideal as it may keep it a little cool while running the wallets on it. I am planning to run at least 2 wallets on this SBC to stake coins. It will have a heatsink on the CPU as well as USB fans connected to it for maximum cooling.

Next thing that I will be testing would to make a solar powered full node.... Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:24:36 AM

VPS is good but then one needs to make sure that they are selecting the right provider. Some of the providers offer competitive price but their service is not upto the mark.If you are staking online then you need to make sure you are on unmetered bandwidth. This will help you save some extra money. Also the main advantage of VPS is to save on electricity and internet usage but then for me I always want to be in control of my finances hence I stake inhouse.

Hope this helps.
radiera

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

ॐ http://goaco.in ॐ

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:20:59 AM

my vps ban me because stake on vps.. google cloud so... why stake has problem vps ? it not pow but vps just ban and no result about that..

▄       ▄
      ▐█▄    ▀█▌     ▄█
       ▐██   ██▌   ▄██▀
▄██▄▄   ▐██  ██   ▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄  █▌██ ▄▄██▀
      ▀██▄▐▌█ ██▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄███▄▄██▀ █▄██▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀
▀ ▀  ▀  ▀ ▄█ █▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀ █▐█▀▀▀██▄▄
      ███▌ ▀█ ▐█▌   ▀██▄
     ███▌  ▐█▌▀▐█▌    ▀█
    ████    █▌  ██
   █████   █▀    █
goacoin
PoW, Masternodes, ASIC Resistance, NeoScrypt
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ⚫ ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER         |        ANN THREAD        |         TELEGRAM
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████▀▀   ████▄
▄████████████▀   ██ ▐█████▄
████████▀▀▀▀       ▄███████
██████▀           █████████
██████▄ ▄▄▄     ▄██████████
▀███████████    ██████████▀
 ▀█████████▌  ▄██████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SUPER FAST
TRANSACTIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
 ▄████████▌     ▐████████▄
▄████████▄       ▄████████▄
████████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████
████████▀  ▄   ▄  ▀████████
███████    ▐▀ ▀▌    ███████
▀██████     ▌ ▐     ██████▀
 ▀██████▄         ▄██████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SECURITY &
ANONYMOUS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀  ▀███████▀  ▀████▄
▄█████▄  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█████▄
█████ ▀▀▀█▌     ▐█▀▀▀ █████
█████   ▄▄█▄   ▄█▄▄   █████
████████    ▀▀▀    ████████
▀██████             ██████▀
 ▀█████             █████▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
GROWING
COMMUNITY

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:53:14 PM

VPS is good but then one needs to make sure that they are selecting the right provider. Some of the providers offer competitive price but their service is not upto the mark.If you are staking online then you need to make sure you are on unmetered bandwidth. This will help you save some extra money. Also the main advantage of VPS is to save on electricity and internet usage but then for me I always want to be in control of my finances hence I stake inhouse.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice, mate. After seeing the risks associated with holding cryptocurrencies on third party computer systems (like the recent hacks involving Bitcoin especially in exchanges), I've decided to stake cryptocurrencies on my own node for safety. While, I may not be able to run it always, I could rest assured that my cryptocurrencies are safe from hacks or theft.

Of course, there are many good VPS providers out there with security features and high bandwidth, but as I said before, there are way too many risks involved when leaving your cryptocurrencies with a third party. The only exception here would be NEM, since you can safely "stake" (known as delegated harvesting) on a third-party node without compromising your private keys. In this sense, VPS could prove to become very useful to mine XEM at the cloud without leaving your PC on everytime.

I've found this approach very convenient and will probably set up my own NEM node on a VPS sometime in the future. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
CryptoStructure

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:02:24 AM

Glad I found this thread
- I like the idea of running a windows VPS as the GUI is much easier.  My concern would be security - do you actually have to put your coins on a wallet held on the VPS?  Do they have security measures in place such as firewalls?

-With a Raspberry Pi, would there be any issue with not having a static IP?  Would it be easy to configure a static IP?
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:46:19 PM

Glad I found this thread
- I like the idea of running a windows VPS as the GUI is much easier.  My concern would be security - do you actually have to put your coins on a wallet held on the VPS?  Do they have security measures in place such as firewalls?

-With a Raspberry Pi, would there be any issue with not having a static IP?  Would it be easy to configure a static IP?

After quite some time researching about cryptos and VPS, I've realized that it is not safe to stake coins in a remote VPS as your private keys would be under the control of a third party. At first, I've thought that staking coins on a VPS would've been safe, but now I've realized that it is best to stake cryptocurrencies within your own home for safety.

Still, over the years, I've found out that NEM would be the safest coin to stake in a VPS. The reasons for this is because it has a unique feature called Delegated Harvesting, which allows you to "stake" your coins without revealing your private keys at all. As such, I believe that this coin is quite revolutionary, since it allows us to earn money safely without the need to reveal private keys or even leave the PC turned on every time.

As for the Raspberry Pi, I believe that there won't be any issues with it by not having a static IP. Of course, it is somewhat difficult to configure a static IP (since you need prior knowledge of Linux) but if you're tech savvy enough to do it, then go ahead since it is much better this way than using dynamic IP addresses. Remember that Google is your friend Wink

Nevertheless, while I'm planning to use a VPS for NEM harvesting, I'm also thinking of mining Burst coins in the cloud with plenty of storage space available. Burst is good when it comes to Hard Drive mining, making it accessible to nearly anyone in the world. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
jesus38

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 06:37:47 PM

Glad I found this thread

After quite some time researching about cryptos and VPS, I've realized that it is not safe to stake coins in a remote VPS as your private keys would be under the control of a third party. At first, I've thought that staking coins on a VPS would've been safe, but now I've realized that it is best to stake cryptocurrencies within your own home for safety.

Still, over the years, I've found out that NEM would be the safest coin to stake in a VPS. The reasons for this is because it has a unique feature called Delegated Harvesting, which allows you to "stake" your coins without revealing your private keys at all. As such, I believe that this coin is quite revolutionary, since it allows us to earn money safely without the need to reveal private keys or even leave the PC turned on every time.

As for the Raspberry Pi, I believe that there won't be any issues with it by not having a static IP. Of course, it is somewhat difficult to configure a static IP (since you need prior knowledge of Linux) but if you're tech savvy enough to do it, then go ahead since it is much better this way than using dynamic IP addresses. Remember that Google is your friend Wink

Nevertheless, while I'm planning to use a VPS for NEM harvesting, I'm also thinking of mining Burst coins in the cloud with plenty of storage space available. Burst is good when it comes to Hard Drive mining, making it accessible to nearly anyone in the world. Smiley

Retaking the thread and right now to this date ... with what advanced everything there is no way to communicate my purse as do the masternodes?

I learned to open masternode but I do not know how to do just to stake
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Glad I found this thread

Retaking the thread and right now to this date ... with what advanced everything there is no way to communicate my purse as do the masternodes?

I learned to open masternode but I do not know how to do just to stake
I don't think staking a masternode is a big deal if you are familiar with linux binaries, though it might be a problem to you if you are not familiar with linux binaries but the good thing about this is that you don't need a developer to teach you how to stake a masternode via vps before you could do it, all you need do is to follow the guide giving by the coin git hub on how to setup their masternode and I believe that you would be able to get it done yourself, though you might find one or two issues when setting it up, just refer your issues here.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 04:42:25 PM

Honestly, it doesn't even have to be a vps, you can do it in cloud most of the time, google cloud would allow to do that too. No matter how you do it having your PC open for 24/7 doesn't really make any sense at all.

I don't know if it exists but I have always dreamed of a website that is primarily focuses on wallets and staking so everyone in the world give them their staking coins and that website stakes it for you and they take a cut from the profit and that way you do not have to stake it yourself and still have a wallet that stakes it for you without paying a single cent. That website could make a lot of profit by collecting their dust change from everyone which would combine to a lot of money. I don't know if that exists yet but I am sure it will exist one day and everyone will use that.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 09:24:48 PM

Honestly, it doesn't even have to be a vps, you can do it in cloud most of the time, google cloud would allow to do that too. No matter how you do it having your PC open for 24/7 doesn't really make any sense at all.

I don't know if it exists but I have always dreamed of a website that is primarily focuses on wallets and staking so everyone in the world give them their staking coins and that website stakes it for you and they take a cut from the profit and that way you do not have to stake it yourself and still have a wallet that stakes it for you without paying a single cent. That website could make a lot of profit by collecting their dust change from everyone which would combine to a lot of money. I don't know if that exists yet but I am sure it will exist one day and everyone will use that.

If you're referring to "Staking Pools", then there are several websites which provide said functionality. My top pick would be Stakenet's Cloud Staking Service. The platform currently supports XSN, PIVX, and STRAT as cryptocurrencies that you can stake in the cloud without worrying about leaving your PC online 24/7. Still though, it's a centralized service managed by a third party. Which means, that your safest bet would be to stake cryptocurrencies which don’t always require leaving your private keys to a third party nor leaving your wallet open.

The XSN cryptocurrency fits the bill nicely with its TPoS consensus algorithm. This allows you to stake your coins by "lending" them to another node on the network. The benefit of this, is that private keys are never exposed giving you full control over your crypto. There's another cryptocurrency called NEM with its delegated harvesting feature, and it works nearly the same way as XSN. The only difference is that NEM has a mechanism of reputation/trust and importance score which rewards users who're actively transacting on the Blockchain.

In the case of Ethereum, there's a staking pool in the works named Rocket Pool. While ETH is still a PoW cryptocurrency, this staking pool would be ideal for anyone looking to build a solid passive income once Ethereum does the switch to PoS.

Nonetheless, I hope that more staking solutions would always emerge over time eliminating the need to leave a wallet open. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2019, 09:50:40 PM

I would like to know if it is possible to stake a PoS coin like Diamond or Hyperstake 24/7 from within the VPS. All I know is how to setup the same on it, but I don't how to make it run 24/7 as the more the wallet is open, the more chances of receiving stakes I will get. Any advice, tips or tricks would be helpful to me. I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Of course, it is possible to stake on VPS, you should follow the guidelines of the respective project. However, all the basics are the same. I can give you one super easy option for start but it's not that secure and your funds might be at risk if your VPS account gets compromised.
Tips: If you are staking in your local wallet, simply import that wallet address in your VPS wallet. Activate staking in the config file. Done.
It should work in most coins staking. 
jesus38

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 04:09:53 PM

I would like to know if it is possible to stake a PoS coin like Diamond or Hyperstake 24/7 from within the VPS. All I know is how to setup the same on it, but I don't how to make it run 24/7 as the more the wallet is open, the more chances of receiving stakes I will get. Any advice, tips or tricks would be helpful to me. I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Of course, it is possible to stake on VPS, you should follow the guidelines of the respective project. However, all the basics are the same. I can give you one super easy option for start but it's not that secure and your funds might be at risk if your VPS account gets compromised.
Tips: If you are staking in your local wallet, simply import that wallet address in your VPS wallet. Activate staking in the config file. Done.

perfect is the easiest way but it is not so safe there is a lot of vulnerability.

Because there are cryptocurrencies that have POS but do not have masternodes ... And that cryptocurrency type has not been made easy for me to connect.

activate a VPS for a masternode and I have not had any problem. (cold / hot wallet mode)

but I want to activate another VPS for a cryptocurrency that does not have masternode ... but it has stake and I would like to do the same function
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:17:45 AM

Thanks for the tip, mate. I've managed to find a suitable staking solution for me that doesn't involve exposing my private keys to the VPS. With StakeNet's XSN cryptocurrency, it's possible to earn from your holdings without leaving your wallet open 24/7 or exposing your private keys to a third-party. The way this works is by "lending" your coins to a merchant node on the blockchain, without the risk of exposing your precious private keys. In case everything fails, you could safely retain your coins without losing them.

As for other PoS coins, I've been starting to wonder if it's possible to stake on a VPS using multi-signature addresses? If so, this would add a greater level of security to one's funds as you could easily unlock your wallet with 2 out of 3 keys. You can leave a key for yourself, while leaving a key to the VPS, and someone else you trust. That way, if the VPS fails or gets hacked, funds cannot be siphoned from the wallet because it requires other keys to unlock it.

Nonetheless, I look forward to more staking solutions in the cloud that don't require regular maintenance, or leaving my PC on at all times. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: