Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:55:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you like to see the RISE block reward changed?  (Voting closed: July 15, 2016, 08:48:09 PM)
YES - 30 (66.7%)
No - 15 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW POLL: RISE Community Vote for Rate of Inflation  (Read 1300 times)
Alty (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 08:48:09 PM

To Change or Not to Change the Rise Block Reward?

After concerns that the block reward is too high there is a chance to lower it if a large majority think it's worth doing.

To start with we'll run a yes or no poll for 2 weeks, if the Yes vote wins, we'll look at what the block reward should be changed to in round 2 of voting. If the majority is a No vote then block reward will remain the same.

Rise team would like to know what the community thinks about the current block reward.

Over the next 5 years Rise has the following rate of inflation.

Year 1: 15 RISE per block, 115,768,000 Total coins with 15.77% annual inflation rate
Year 2: 12 RISE per block, 128,382,400 Total coins with 10.90% annual inflation rate
Year 3:   9 RISE per block, 137,843,200 Total coins with 7.37% annual inflation rate
Year 4:   6 RISE per block, 144,150,400 Total coins with 4.58% annual inflation rate
Year 5:   3 RISE per block, 147,304,000 Total coins with 2.19% annual inflation rate
Year 6+: 0 Rise per block and therefore 0% inflation.

At the end of the the fith year there is 0 block reward and transaction fees alone will sustain the network.

Please vote Yes or No if you would like to see the Rise inflation rate changed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 09:12:29 PM

15 RISE per block for 21477 blocks so far
For a total of 322155 RISE = ~$2547.60 USD = $25.22 per delegate since the first block on 5/24 = More than $25.22 per week per delegate
= More than $100.88 a month to maintain a delegate node

It's a sweet gig to be a RISE delegate at the moment, but I'd keep the block reward where it is now.

As soon as this coin is dumped, which pretty much happens with 98% of ICOs, the numbers will probably look a lot worse for the delegates.

Furthermore, you don't want to just change things on a whim. Everyone involved agreed to these numbers before hand. Changing the rules as you go is highly frowned upon in this community.

Make sure the delegates are giving some sort of value other than simply securing the network. Since they are making decent money at the moment, you ought to be able to get more value out of them. The lazy delegates should be replaced with delegates that are willing to work a little to justify the pay. That is how dPoS is supposed to work.
Skyrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 10:08:49 PM

For a total of 322155 RISE = ~$2547.60 USD = $25.22 per delegate since the first block on 5/24 = More than $25.22 per week per delegate

It's a sweet gig to be a RISE delegate at the moment, but I'd keep the block reward where it is now.

As soon as this coin is dumped, which pretty much happens with 98% of ICOs, the numbers will probably look a lot worse for the delegates.

Furthermore, you don't want to just change things on a whim. Everyone involved agreed to these numbers before hand. Changing the rules as you go is highly frowned upon in this community.

Make sure the delegates are giving some sort of value other than simply securing the network. Since they are making decent money at the moment, you ought to be able to get more value out of them. The lazy delegates should be replaced with delegates that are willing to work a little to justify the pay. That is how dPoS is supposed to work.

lol you are rly thinking that price will be 1000 sats?  .........  don't trust man who scammed for 10 btc...

vote: Yes
EDIT: better to see 10 , 7 next, 5 next, 3 next, and zero the last year  or may be just the half amount of forging.....  anyway lisk and eth have less inflation rate.............................. with 5 lsk block reward and not starting forging....
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 10:40:33 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2016, 11:08:41 PM by CoinHoarder

lol you are rly thinking that price will be 1000 sats?  .........  don't trust man who scammed for 10 btc...
You are dumb if you think I am a scammer. Read the thread for yourself, and get your facts straight shill.

A. It was a contest, the winner was supposed to get 5 BTC
B. It took me longer than I thought to pay the bounty
C. I eventually paid out 8.2 BTC, which was more than what I said I would. 6 BTC to the winner, and 0.4 to each participant (which was not in the original contest terms.)
D. Both of the people that still have negative trust on my account were unaffected third parties. All contest participants seemed grateful and happy with the outcome (after I paid more people than I said I would and paid the winner more BTC.) None of the people that were "scammed" left me negative feedback.To this day, I urge any contest participants that still feel wronged to come forward, and I will do what I can for them.
E. Out of the two people that still have negative trust on my account for that, one of them (Smoothie) is a direct competitor that also mints physical cryptocurrencies. Also, me and him butted heads a lot on the forums before that, so I feel like his interest in that situation was simply to drag my name through the mud. Read the thread, he religiously tried to ruin my reputation even though he was unaffected. It is still hard for me to believe he wasn't doing that for his own financial self interest or because of our history/grudge.
F. My good feedback heavily outweighs the bad feedback (which is in reality not even very bad if you know the facts).
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 10:49:04 PM

lol you are rly thinking that price will be 1000 sats?
It is a possibility. RISE is just vaporware after all. RISE did an ICO with a lot of fancy graphics, a whitepaper, and a website... anyone can do that. The project is highly speculative at this point, and it could be a complete scam for all anyone knows.

EDIT: better to see 10 , 7 next, 5 next, 3 next, and zero the last year  or may be just the half amount of forging.....  anyway lisk and eth have less inflation rate.............................. with 5 lsk block reward and not starting forging....
Your wishes to change the amount of the block rewards after the ICO shows how little you understand the cryptocurrency community. Pro tip: People don't like it when the rules are changed after the fact.

Keep changing things on the fly, and your coin will be on the fastrack to page 2+ of Coinmarketcap (aka. the point of no return).
Skyrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:06:34 PM

lol you are rly thinking that price will be 1000 sats?
It is a possibility. RISE is just vaporware after all. RISE did an ICO with a lot of fancy graphics, a whitepaper, and a website... anyone can do that. The project is highly speculative at this point, and it could be a complete scam for all anyone knows.

EDIT: better to see 10 , 7 next, 5 next, 3 next, and zero the last year  or may be just the half amount of forging.....  anyway lisk and eth have less inflation rate.............................. with 5 lsk block reward and not starting forging....
Your wishes to change the amount of the block rewards after the ICO shows how little you understand the cryptocurrency community. Pro tip: People don't like it when the rules are changed after the fact.

Keep changing things on the fly, and your coin will be on the fastrack to page 2+ of Coinmarketcap (aka. the point of no return).
we will see how people will vote....... ahaha and i am the noob in crypto lol? low  inflation means high value to coin ..... if you don't understand just shut up..... if value of coin will raise  share of delegates will be enough.... don't need to make your thoughts about this coin in short terms (price of today)......... with such plans of their development and all other stuff that team is doing value will grow it is just need time....
Aetsen

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 12:24:55 AM

I vote no. No need to be nasty here guys. Take it to private chat.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 12:41:37 AM

don't you think its a lot early to decide about it as the RISE price isn't yet stable?
we should at least see where is going after a month and then decide later considering its one of the factor that will sustain the network in the future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 12:50:05 AM

Will Rise pitch to anchor into Factom?

twitter.com/erikledgers
Hangterisaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:05:22 AM

Voted no.
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 02:31:44 AM

IT is too high 
change is best
Mouse020

Activity: 303

No one like you

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 02:32:53 AM

the best  is 3-5 every block every time
wavespump

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:23:30 AM

Too high in first year.
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:29:01 AM

we can lower to 10 or stay the same but for me it is best to stay in the same block reward, but if investors cares about the price lower block rewards higher demands.
Admiral_Bit

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:29:25 AM

Again, why are you conducting a poll on a message board? Most voters don't own any RISe coins. You told us how easy the development under RISE would be. Get the fuck out of here and make a proper poll, backed by the RISE blockchain. Can't be that hard.

You are completely scamming us!
gogodr

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:05:35 AM

You need to reduce it. The delegates are raking in the big bucks and we are left holding the bag.
ruben0909

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:15:58 AM

To Change or Not to Change the Rise Block Reward?

After concerns that the block reward is too high there is a chance to lower it if a large majority think it's worth doing.

To start with we'll run a yes or no poll for 2 weeks, if the Yes vote wins, we'll look at what the block reward should be changed to in round 2 of voting. If the majority is a No vote then block reward will remain the same.

Rise team would like to know what the community thinks about the current block reward.

Over the next 5 years Rise has the following rate of inflation.

Year 1: 15 RISE per block, 115,768,000 Total coins with 15.77% annual inflation rate
Year 2: 12 RISE per block, 128,382,400 Total coins with 10.90% annual inflation rate
Year 3:   9 RISE per block, 137,843,200 Total coins with 7.37% annual inflation rate
Year 4:   6 RISE per block, 144,150,400 Total coins with 4.58% annual inflation rate
Year 5:   3 RISE per block, 147,304,000 Total coins with 2.19% annual inflation rate
Year 6+: 0 Rise per block and therefore 0% inflation.

At the end of the the fith year there is 0 block reward and transaction fees alone will sustain the network.

The inflation is high make it low please

Please vote Yes or No if you would like to see the Rise inflation rate changed!
Alty (OP)

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 11:26:49 AM

Thanks to everyone who voted, a secondary vote with more options on block reward will take place at forum.rise.vision
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: