Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the way to hedge Bitcoin against dollar?  (Read 576 times)
jpso (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:09:27 AM

Hi There,

I'm wondering to get some to bitcoins borrowed and pay interest in bitcoin. But since I need the money in fiat, I'm wondering what are the options to hedge my bitcoin position using just margin.

My first ideia was to open a 20X long position at OKCOIN Future. In this case, I just need 5% of the capital to protect my position. if the bitcoin price increase, the future will also increase and I'm protected in certain way and less exposed to volatility. What are other ways to hedge?

There are any OTC place where I can buy/sell Hedges?
About BitMEX? It seeems they have a future with 100X leverage. Do you recommend them?

I'll be glad with show me other options...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7993

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:22:21 AM

wrong section - try trading discussion and/or lending once you figure it out.
I think it is never a good idea to borrow bitcoin; especially if you need fiat.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:14:44 AM

Hi There,

I'm wondering to get some to bitcoins borrowed and pay interest in bitcoin. But since I need the money in fiat, I'm wondering what are the options to hedge my bitcoin position using just margin.

My first ideia was to open a 20X long position at OKCOIN Future. In this case, I just need 5% of the capital to protect my position. if the bitcoin price increase, the future will also increase and I'm protected in certain way and less exposed to volatility. What are other ways to hedge?

There are any OTC place where I can buy/sell Hedges?
About BitMEX? It seeems they have a future with 100X leverage. Do you recommend them?

I'll be glad with show me other options...
1.Bad idea to borrow bitcoins and convert it into fiats,you already lose a marginal amount of hedge funds in the process.

2.Why don't you try to set your margins manually instead of involving 3rd party exchanges ? To be honest,most of such places giving you false promises of 100x 200x hedge are going to get dumped when the bitcoin price rises.Be careful.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 04:22:34 AM

Unless you are earning bitcoins directly from your job and dont have to purchase them just to repay a bitcoin loan then borrowing some when needed can be helpful.

I don't think i would borrow if i didn't already get paid in bitcoins, not much use having to buy em just to repay a loan with the fees in between.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 04:23:54 AM

if i understood him right he wants to profit by dumping the coin when it reach a certain value from the okcoin exchange.
its a good idea to profit but that is if btc market trend will indeed will be bullish this halving.
but since its still uncertain, you might just be in trouble in the end and that you'd have to pay the price.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:34:44 PM

Margin, especially those levels, is the fastest way to get wiped out and raped at the same time.

Even if you yourself get it right there might be a bitfinex type failure or you migh have to swallow socialized losses.

Plan again or weep.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:41:49 AM

Margin, especially those levels, is the fastest way to get wiped out and raped at the same time.

Even if you yourself get it right there might be a bitfinex type failure or you migh have to swallow socialized losses.

Plan again or weep.

Right. Trading bitcoins at such huge leverages like 20 - 100x would end up in losing everything because the volatility of bitcoin markets is much more compared to any currencies or metals in the world. Trading it like buying low and selling high would be much preferable instead of going deep and trying to do it forex style.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: