Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:28:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin?  (Read 4784 times)
tanyeza123

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:03:32 PM

What will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin? Will result in broken blockchain or any other problems to the network? I would like to buy some bitcoin for long-term investment and not plan to sell for years
The movement of chain will stop.  Automatically all transaction will be unconfirmed.  The Bitcoin economy will be in chaos.  This will result to fear and the buy support will start to be pulled out.  And then one by one cpu will start mining it again but due to global low hashrate, this will be susceptible to double spending.  But then all those who are holding BTC will make sure this wont happen so they will start mining it by themselves and the domino effect follows.  Basically mining Bitcoin wont end even if all coins are mined.  This is one of the reason, personal interest and investment security.  So be calm and hold your BTC for as long you want.
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 01:26:59 PM

If miners stop the mining of bitcoin, technically, the rate of unconfirmed transactions will increase.
The blockchain ecosystem will experience turbulence .
This will send negative signal to especially novice investors ..who will then start carrying rumours that bitcoin has scam exited.
Though i do not think , it will ever get to this stage where miners would stop mining.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Dico88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:47:46 PM

Some mathematical functions run by miners, will create blocks with transaction confirmation on the block. With the nature of the Blockchain, there is someone to confirm the transaction and that can be done by the miner. Cool
gaidarpop

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:49:43 PM

Why will all miners do that ? If you had invested $10000 for the set up and hope to recover the cost in few years, will you stop mining after some time ?
liutiaoming1

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:02:08 PM

What will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin? Will result in broken blockchain or any other problems to the network? I would like to buy some bitcoin for long-term investment and not plan to sell for years
I don't think that this is possible even in theory because bitcoin miners are having the profits during the process of mining, so actually they are earning money for that and who will stop earning money just for any purpose?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 07:07:45 PM

I don't think miners will stop mining and this is not going to happen as long as miner are receiving their transaction fees and i think there is no reason for not getting their transaction fees as long as there is huge demand of Bitcoin in the cryptocurrency market. You just keep on investing in Bitcoin and you will surely get big returns if you are doing it on regular basis and for a longer time period.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
joshua0502

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 07:24:11 PM

I think the value of bitcoin will go down slowly and the credibility itself. Mang investors will stop in investing on bitcoin because they know that they will not be successful anymore compare to their past investments. And I think other coins will be more credible in other countries and will have higher great price market value and will be given more projects by ICO companies.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:26:54 PM

I do not think it would be lost if they stopped bitcoin mining because others bought a bitcoin in the market. if the miner was the bridge to increase the btc sure the market was out of stock because there was no supply for everyone investors in the BTC.
That is in some way true but there will be time when the amount of bitcoin will be always the same (cause the number of bitcoin is not infinit). So for me it doesn't matter how many bitcoins will be on market cause there will be always possibilities to make transactions or ways to send coins to other person.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

maknassy

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:12:52 PM

Miners stop mining bitcoin !!!
As long as people keep using bitcoins they will not stop mining. Mining will continue until all the Bitcoins are finished being created and when the miners stop mining transactions stop. So, Blockchain stop.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:26:02 PM

To say the truth miner will not stop the mining process. Hence we do not need worry about it. Please invest your maximum amount from pocket on bitcoin you will get the best returns than any time.

Until the last computer mine the bitcoin we will not stop from mining.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:02:33 AM

I don't think miner will stop mining the bitcoin. Because it is profitable and very easy to do. But if bitcoin keep dowing to the under 1K USD or less then I think miner will give up their hope from Bitcoin and they will stop mining. And bitcoin will be finished if every miner stops doing mine.

But I think that will not happen, you can go for buy bitcoin and keep them in a secure hardware wallet.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 10:41:12 PM

Miners will never stop mining
As long as it is profitable for them and I think it will remain so
Go ahead and buy as much as possible
ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:35:30 PM

There are about 17 to 18 million bitcoins are in the market so far it is mined and if the miners are going to stop mining further it means that the above 18 million bitcoins will be circulating in the market .But bitcoins demand will be increasing and its price can move up..Bitcoin can be useful in various ways of life to the human being world wide and it is found essential to the daily life.of the modern society.

Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:38:29 PM

If the miner stop mining bitcoin they have a lot of possibls to happen. But it is low percent to happen because even they have a lot of miner now leave bitcoin they have still mining and other investor will start mining and they don't have reason to stop mining to bitcoin.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:52:41 PM

We all know that bitcoin is a decentralised and independent crypto currency and moreover it is a currency which keeps on circulating between people so if miners stop mining the bitcoin then obviously its demand will increase and then in turn its valuation will increase but no doubt its keeps on circulating, it is like other Fiat currencies like in case of INR, it is mined by RBI and if they will stop mining INR obviously its demand will increase but still it will be keep in circulation.
damrianto

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:36:45 PM

if miners stop mining in bitcoin, bitcoin will experience a change in the crypto market the average transaction in the market will experience a shortage. and this will show the impact on prices, automatically prices start to crawl up. but miners cannot do this because miners also want to make money on bitcoin.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:57:31 PM

It's nearly impossible for this to ever happen.  Even if the price tanked there would always be die hard supporters and enthusiasts mining.  The network would still work fine with all these mega companies and their asic farms.  I don't think Satoshi envisioned the mining arms race would take off so quickly as he meant for it to be more decentralized with people mining from home.
Jamie Oliver

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:08:33 PM

The blockchain network transfer will be interrupted or delayed. The BTC network needs high computing power, so if there is no Internet, BTC will die.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:07:11 PM

very interesting topic for discussion! If the miners stop production? then I think the price will grow very much! now the miners very seriously controls the price, they are very influential in the crypt world! in any situation, this is relatively bad for the crypto market!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
tayogpanganiban

Activity: 235
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:25:57 AM

Good question but I think it is impossible for miners to stop mining for bitcoin because that is their main job to earn bitcoin.But if this happens, I think it will decrease their bitcoin earnings.

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
er]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: