Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:47:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin?  (Read 4784 times)
Dawson_V

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:08:16 AM

Positivism is important in everything we do. I totally understand this question and I know people worry a lot about Bitcoin. Many of them have lost their earnings. It is sad when you put your money in something and you lose it. Unfortunately, it is business. Now about your particular question, nothing will happen. I think if miners stop mining bitcoin, we can still use it in some transactions. There are many things we can do with a currency and Bitcoin as well. Too many possibilities with cryptos and the blockchain technology. People can still use it even if miners stop mining bitcoin.
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:26:07 AM

It is true that Bitcoin mining costs are now greater than actual market rate of Bitcoin. So bitcoin miners are in great loss. If miners stop mining Bitcoin, Its security will be in great trouble and bitcoin price will surely fall.
The price is already not at its best, and not changing. for the price to drop it would make the situation way worse
pooja1982
Copper Member

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:08:21 PM

It is very hard to think that miners stop Bitcoin mining at the earliest. A mining never end. If the miners stop mining Bitcoin then it will not be processed and our transactions will not be confirmed. Miners confirm the transactions by adding them to the block chain. I think, if there is no miners, there would not be any transaction record in future.
Syarief28

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:36:55 PM

in my opinion the btc value will continue to decrease. and many people will store it up
no more transactions, that's what will happen.
Jakson123777

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:54:35 PM

It will not be soon and by then it is unknown what will happen to this network.The miners will receive a Commission from the transaction
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:42:55 PM

Miners will continue to mine bitcoin till the end . I do not see them not mining bitcoin  because they are rewarded for work done
annaso

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:03:43 AM

In my view, blocks would cease to be found and transactions would halt. Developers would probably create an emergency hard fork to change perhaps the Proof of Work or difficulty adjustment so that mining could restart. But I believer this can't happen at this point. There are few pools but there are a lot of individual miners across the world. Antpool alone has thousands of workers. If it shut down they will simply switch to other pool or mine solo
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:17:42 AM

if miners stop mining for bitcoin it will certainly have an adverse impact on the continuity of bitcoin, but in my opinion that won't happen because bitcoin mining is very profitable, and I believe the value of bitcoin will continue to rise year by year
cr7

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:28:06 AM

It is true that Bitcoin mining costs are now greater than actual market rate of Bitcoin. So bitcoin miners are in great loss. If miners stop mining Bitcoin, Its security will be in great trouble and bitcoin price will surely fall.
The price is already not at its best, and not changing. for the price to drop it would make the situation way worse
Despite what they say bitcoin mining and the rest of the cryptocurrency is unprofitable, my friend does not disable the farm and continues to mine! Since we all know that bitcoin is limited and in a couple of years it will cost a lot more.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:37:19 AM

Where miners to stop mining, the availability of bitcoins for all and sundry will greatly diminish and the price of bitcoin will be manipulated by the whales and forces that seek to profit greedily from such limited volume of bitcoin. It could be all wishy washy and unpredictable market prices.

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1285

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:19:03 AM

My understanding is that as miners cease mining the difficulty level reduces
enabling new miners to enter the sphere.

And this is why mining will not get a chance to cease there will always be people
ready to start mining and earning rewards.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:23:32 AM

If miners stop mining bitcoin,  the demand of btcoin will overtake the supply of it......which in turn will bring about monopolistic tendencies in the crypto market,  as those who have the money will continue buying the available bitcoin and hoarding it..... then start selling at a high rate.
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:26:28 AM

The already mined one will be the one in circulation which xan cause a lot of rise because they will be more demand since on the ones already created.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:04:45 AM

If, the miners stop mining activities, it can certainly result in the loss of several block chains, so that the stability/quality of bitcoin security tends to decrease. Don't be surprised if finally bitcoin is vulnerable to hacking. Maybe, this's the end of all bitcoin's popularity.
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:14:13 AM

if the miners stop producing bitcoin, then the coin generally ceases to exist because the technology consists in the fact that due to the included computers and transactions are made
Kayuslawal

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:20:55 AM

Scarcity will arise and the price of the cryptocurrency will definitely shoot up since they will br low supply and higher demand in the market.
torkinakiza

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 11:28:52 AM

The price of bitcoin will tend to zero because no new blocks were added to the block chain so it would be a currency with no sale movements, so the bitcoin would be just some nonsense codes. I doubt that happens but if something complicated happens.
 Shocked
Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:34:16 AM

What will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin?
I think that miners will never stop mining bitcoin. At least the big miners because they have invested too much money in it.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
rababo

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:38:57 AM

What will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin?
I think that miners will never stop mining bitcoin. At least the big miners because they have invested too much money in it.

yups , it won't be possible because if one day there is a miner who stops on that day there is also a new miner who starts and if seen maybe almost more people are just starting mining.
Yadamosan

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:33:39 AM

What will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin? Will result in broken blockchain or any other problems to the network? I would like to buy some bitcoin for long-term investment and not plan to sell for years
Go ahead and by those coins and wait till the price is back but your question is what will happen if miners stop mining bitcoin? the whole system of bitcoin will collapse but that won't happen as long as bitcoin mining is profitable.
based on my own experience bitcoin mining is really profitable because last year until now I'm mining bitcoin, yes it not really too expensive but it can also pay half of my bills.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: